When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen construction vs wm9 offering?

monacov4

Hi guys i tried doing a search on the forum but there wasnt any mention of it.. Basically BK says that the 116610 gen construction will be available in 2 months time and will replace the wm9 offering. Anyone mind telling me the difference between the two?

Also , i was under the impression that the current 116610 he has are noobmariners and not wm9s?

I think you have the model number wrong!

The WM9 and the BK watch you talk of are based on the traditional 16610 Submariner. THe 116610 is the new ceramic sub and not due to be built in gen like construction for quite some time if indeed ever!

Keep an eye out for BK's offerings as he always delivers something worth waiting for!

never heard of it. :g:

If the WM9 disappears, then someone else will make one some day. I havent heard anything about another new 16610 replica thats as good as or better than the WM9. Now that the WM9 sea-dweller has crash landed, maybe the Noobfactory can be convinced to restart production of their 16660, and with a little tweaking, the Noob 16610 could be as good as the WM9. They could make some minor changes and make it a higher level model and charge accordingly for the improvements.

Better bracelet logo on clasp

slightly deeper rehaut ( added depth would also make date font mag slightly bigger and better)

Remove the etched crown from the saphire

Use the same crown/tube that they used on the super sea-dweller.

Maybe someone can talk to them for us. The noobfactory has a great reputation for making super-reps so im sure they can properly reproduce a simple 16610 if they tried.

dizz

Gen construction refers to the fitment of the bezel assembly to the watch. On cheap Sub replicas you have a fixed method for securing the crystal to the case with a compressed plastic gasket. On the real and better reps(WM9 and Bk's new Sub) you have a separate crystal retaining ring on which the bezel fits. This is what is mean't by the term. It does also make the rep able to take genuine parts to it hence the desire for these models.

Bk's new Sub will be a good alternative to the now dissapeared WM9.

im very interested to see what BK has in the works, i never bought a wm9 per se, just parts, but id love to finally get a decent 16610 you can wear out of the box, god speed BK. :good:

I got lucky enough to latch both the BK WM9 V2 and V3 16610's.

WELL worth the money and WELL worth all the gen parts for them I can muster.

Pretty difficult to determine it's a rep without a VERY VERY close look at them.

For Submariners, BK is the ONLY name in my book...they're THAT good. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Edited by d-rock