When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

totay it is x-mas i got a gen speedy for only € 800,--

scooterboy

hi geeks, after 17 years of waiting, you know cars, scooters, wife, children,.........

i got a gen. omega speedmaster professional with cal. 861 movement and ref. 1499/842 bracelet over ebay for only € 800,-- excl. shipping from italy!!!

i cant believe this and today i got the watch after one week waiting!

today i did go to 2 omega AD`s and both confirm me the watch is gen!!!!

does everbody know how old this watch is?

here a quick shot

Bild-1.jpg

better shots comming soon

happy X-mas for everyone

Beautiful, congrats! I would guess 80s? These things are build like tanks, they last forever! Mine's now almost 15 years old and despite one repair for 50€ there's never been a problem, it's running +/- 6 sec. every single day. Nice patina btw., enjoy your present! :)

Do read that guide wiesn089 linked to, as it's a good one. What's the serial number on your Speedaster? It's possible that it originally came with a 1450 bracelet. The 1450 is a solid, three link-wide design and probably the most sought-after Speedy bracelet. (And I agree: I find the newer 5-wide bracelets too fussy, and their links too big.) 1450s are harder to spot in the wild than the older 1039.

If you want a period correct look for your watch, but don't want to shell out the big bucks, you could look for an 1171 and 633 endlinks. Second-hand for ~$100-150, new for ~$200.

Do read that guide wiesn089 linked to, as it's a good one. What's the serial number on your Speedaster? It's possible that it originally came with a 1450 bracelet. The 1450 is a solid, three link-wide design and probably the most sought-after Speedy bracelet. (And I agree: I find the newer 5-wide bracelets too fussy, and their links too big.) 1450s are harder to spot in the wild than the older 1039.

If you want a period correct look for your watch, but don't want to shell out the big bucks, you could look for an 1171 and 633 endlinks. Second-hand for ~$100-150, new for ~$200.

thanks for your help, the 1450 bracelet would be the holy grail, so i did order the 1171 with 633 endlinks, pic`s comming soon!

thanks for your help, the 1450 bracelet would be the holy grail, so i did order the 1171 with 633 endlinks, pic`s comming soon!

Excellent! Imagine something similar to this:

1002936627_9aCJm-M.jpg

The new 1498 bracelet has a terrific-looking and well-designed clasp, but I don't care for the modern link design. The 1171 looks and feels great--you definitely won't confuse it with a Rolex folded-link band.

Excellent! Imagine something similar to this:

1002936627_9aCJm-M.jpg

The new 1498 bracelet has a terrific-looking and well-designed clasp, but I don't care for the modern link design. The 1171 looks and feels great--you definitely won't confuse it with a Rolex folded-link band.

i did make for you 2 better pics, i hope you like it :-)

IMG_1264.jpg

IMG_1254.jpg

If there's only a problem with the hand, the bright side is that you can get a new replacement (2210) for $15. The Super-Luminova on the pip won't be too noticeable, and you can always have it relumed for a better match with your tritium.

It looks great, but it'll be even better with a working chrono!