When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

An unexpected Xmas gift from alligoat

boomer775

Apologies if this is in the incorrect forum, but as it wasn't a true "trade", I didn't think that it belonged in the member trade review section. In any event, I had posted a couple of weeks ago some questions on repairing/replacing a bracelet and bezel on my Sub. After the responses/contributions of many, I was able to better figure out exactly what I needed. During this time alligoat reached out to me and mentioned that he might be able to help with a replacement clasp, as mine had broken at the welded pin. After searching through his parts drawer, he found a clasp that would work. When asked how much he wanted for it, he said that, and I quote:

"I'll get this off in the mail tomorrow, you don't owe me anything, but maybe you can help someone else on the forum or somewhere else. I've learned so much here that I just want to help other people learn and enjoy themselves. It's a fun hobby and maybe it'll be fun for you too."

I was in complete shock. He doesn't know me from a hole in the wall, but was willing to send me a part gratis. Needless to say, I went out to grab the mail this morning, and there was an envelope from alligoat. Much to mys surprise, what did I find i that envelope? A complete Noobmariner bracelet that looks as if it is brand new. I was in shock yet again. My wife actually got p*ssed at me b/c I was more excited about the bracelet than some of the gifts she gave me :unsure:

I just wanted to post this a great thanks to alligoat and as an example of some of the phenomenal people we have as a part of this forum. I don't know too much now, but I am learning, and hope someday to be able to give much back to others as I have learned from everyone here.

This hobby is gonna make me broke, but it will be a heck of a lot of fun getting there.

Yes..... wonderful 'pay it forward" timing, and in the true spirit of Christmas.

Huge thanks to alligoat for upholding the pay it forward tradition of this place.

I have received, and sent many items over the years, so it makes me proud to be a part of this forum, and to see the tradition continuing.

Merry Christmas RWG, thumbsupsmileyanim.gif members and staff.

Offshore

Amazing. I remember when I first searched the web for a rep, and found this place (not easy to find), I was certain that members of a forum that deals with reps would be of the questionable sort... I was pretty amazed to find such a great community, with honest and kind people that are truly passionate about this hobby and are willing to help.

That's what makes this forum so great. There are so many knowledgable, helpful, selfless folks who really go out of their way to help. Sometimes all one needs is a little advice and some "how to" but there are times when someone desperately needs a part to complete a project, or a guy with great passion, but limited resources, can really use and appreciate that lonesome part that's been gathering dust in your parts bin for years. Nothing will make you feel better than to "Pay it forward".