When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

MBW's can still be sources...

d-rock

I'm curious...while most of us know that a couple members can still source the MBW's, does anyone know of a source to the discontinued Noob Factory Rollie reps. I know they both come from very different areas but if the MBW's can still be had, perhaps (somehow) the Noobs can too.

I'm specifically seeking a Black EXP II 16570. Any help/info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

The proper black EXP2 from the Noobfactory has been discontinued for years. The MBW's are still in production, but the factory is just on "vacation" for a few more weeks. Trying to find a long time discontinued watch is not impossible, but its going to be difficult. Maybe contact someone like Mary or Hont who live right by the watch markets and are willing to search for you.

dizz

Thanks for all the info, guys. I've contacted BK...no go.Reg is in Bankok at the moment and I'm all set on a MBW (16610) I will see what Hont is capable of doing...may I ask who Mary is ??? I'm not really familiar with all the dealers....but I will say this. Connie at King Watches is a very honost dealer. I emailed her regarding my needs and while she has a GREAT looking Black EXP II, it simply doesn't have the dimensions I'm needing and she told me as much...instead of still trying to sell me one. Dizzy...you seem to know the exact EXP II I need. There ARE lots of great looking ones out there but I need "that" Noob for a planned project...it's the only one that has the dimesions under the bezel that I need. Otherwise, Ms. Connie would have my money as soon as the CNY Holidays are over. IF ANYONE RUNS ACROSSED A "GOOD" NOOB FACTORY BLACK EXP II PLEASE LET ME KNOW. Thanks guys.

Edited by d-rock

Whats the serial number on the other side. Rehaut looks a little wokky. Thats weird... and the bezel is different from my MBW16610. Mine might be a gen bezel on it though. I cant remember. Its definately not this bezel though. This one looks like a 16600 bezel or something. Where is this one sourced from? If its from a member, where did they get it from? Maybe this is a newer version than mine.

There were Cartel copies of some of the MBW's out a couple years ago. They arnt the same. No idea how to distinguish one of them though. You would have to search the forum and see what info is there.

For info on the Noob EXP2, look at By-tors watch reviews. The EXP2 is one of his favorite watches, and most accurate EXP2 rep ever made.

dizz

Damn bro that looks good... Yes your rehaut it right. What dial is that? Is that a gen dial?? Looks pretty damn good.

Looks a lot like mine.. :whistling:

post-6336-0-54797400-1295434769.jpg

I was going to put it up for sale, but never did. Not sure if i want to part with it yet. Its too nice of a watch to let go of. I really love it.

dizz

nice! Mine has the Noobfactory dial and datewheel. Your dial is much nicer. That is by far the best rep 16610 dial I have seen. If you can source one of those, then I wouldnt bother getting a gen dial. This one is good enough for sure

dizz

Shoot BK a PM maybe he can still get the dial and hands .

Also the new datewheel from WM9 should be better then the one i have in.

But comes a time that you have to stop modding otherwise your getting to close to the gen price.

Carpe Diem

Cats

BK said he had 20 dials left that he was going to use in the first 20 of the new 16610 he is building. And they will only be sold to returning customers as a first come, first serve basis. No WM9 parts are available anymore.

tis NO "MBK". even the clasp is disturbingly wrong. hope you didnt pay mbk prices.

the mbk 16610 (from my collection)

4345010141_19436a1103.jpg

4345010109_639d6f6774.jpg

im going to buy another one soon from MBK, this time an A serial build.

Dizzy how old is yours?

MBK is an odd place run by even odder people. there is a procedure for getting exactly what you have in mind from them as there is so much variation is what they carry (many different tiers including junk), and even then you have to QC by means of them even opening the case back in the store (which theyll refuse to do, but have done).

Edited by highoeyazmuhudee

Damn bro that looks good... Yes your rehaut it right. What dial is that? Is that a gen dial?? Looks pretty damn good.

Looks a lot like mine.. :whistling:

post-6336-0-54797400-1295434769.jpg

I was going to put it up for sale, but never did. Not sure if i want to part with it yet. Its too nice of a watch to let go of. I really love it.

dizz

I gotta say I see no difference in the rehaut slope of your than the slope of the one in the pics I posted. better lighting, better sphoto skills...yes...difference in slope...I don't see it.

I gotta say I see no difference in the rehaut slope of your than the slope of the one in the pics I posted. better lighting, better sphoto skills...yes...difference in slope...I don't see it.

its definitely different than the ones Chris was getting when i ordered mine over the couple years he was around. like i was saying about MBK if you go there and order a 1680 youre not getting what youre expecting, you have to explicitly tell them what you want exactly and expect, even then when they make it for you (as it takes time for them to procure it) its of lower quality example, and they'll firmly state this is it when its not. you tell them you dont want the catalog or street stuff, and price is not the issue. serial numbers are also very helpful as they can order based off that and its a good measure of what youve got in your hands. ignore the polex stuff, in fact some of the best 16610s from there didnt even say polex on the lugs but rather inside the caseback.

This actually belonged to another member who bought it new a few years back and never did anything with it...unsized, unworn and unmodded.

I'm not exactly certain of the different "variation" though this is said to be a MBW, not a MBK. Perhaps you're suggesting they're the same ??

highoeyazmuhudee, regarding the MBK shop, I have been there several times in an attempt to purchase something (I live & work here), and the guy is just such a [censored]-[censored]-slimeball, that each time I just walk. I have lived here too long to trust any Chinese-Thai's.

I love the way he says "EEEEEH TAAAAAH" for ETA.

Actually in one of your pics the rehaut looks good. Sometimes if you take a pic with the lens to close to the watch, you will get that wok effect for some reason. Keep the camera back further and zoom in a little if you need to. Other than the rehaut, that bezel is different from mine. Yours is thicker and different outer edge. My bezel notches go further down the sides and almost touch that lower ridge. I dont know if mine is correct or not. Too small to see anyways.

@Highoey - I bought mine years ago off another member, what was already the second owner. Mine is the first MBW16610 I believe which is supposed to have the best bezel.. who knows.

Also... original name MBW or nickname as it was "Maria(s) best watch", Then after Maria vanished and other dealers started selling it, it became know as the MBK because its based in the MBK shopping center. Any of us older members will always refer to it as MBW because thats what it originally was refered to as.

@ d-rock - Your watch looks pretty good. We're not slamming it or anything.. Just pointing out some differences between a couple confirmed MBW;s from the past. Maybe they used some different parts at the factory who knows. Just need to put a gen size crown on there and you will have a nice 16610 rep. These are as good as the WM9.

dizz

highoeyazmuhudee, regarding the MBK shop, I have been there several times in an attempt to purchase something (I live & work here), and the guy is just such a [censored]-[censored]-slimeball, that each time I just walk. I have lived here too long to trust any Chinese-Thai's.

I love the way he says "EEEEEH TAAAAAH" for ETA.

you think he's bad? try meeting his sister, :black_eye: dont even attempt to conduct business on that day, she will banish you.

that store has a very odd backwards way of conducting business, when all the tourists left the area due to instability from the red shirts they jacked up their prices sky high to cover their potential losses, they have no concept of supply and demand and are opportunistic feeders, they say "eee tah" you always say "show me the movement" theyll protest, but low and behold its a poorly assembled seagul inside being sold at eta prices. I believe i have developed the best rapport i can with the shop keeper, who claims to not even be the boss despite the store being named after him. he knows what i expect of him when my minions come around, and you know what, i havnt had a seagul movement since, ive [censored] him off so much with demanding a visual inspection of the inside case that he knows not to mutually waste time with anything other than an ETA :bangin:

well thats my little story