When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Chanel J12 for men - anybody own one?

ExtraExtra

I lean towards agreeing about Chanel (I find the J12 attractive but suspect it would be very feminine on the wrist), but disagree with the Cartier statement. They have some nice guy's watches, the Santos is particularly masculine for a dress watch, IMHO.

chanel and men should not be used in the same sentence. i feel the same way about cartier. my $0.02 for what it's worth.

I lean towards agreeing about Chanel (I find the J12 attractive but suspect it would be very feminine on the wrist), but disagree with the Cartier statement. They have some nice guy's watches, the Santos is particularly masculine for a dress watch, IMHO.

Agreed. The Santos is a great looking watch, even if it is a Cartier - which brand I do not like too much for its watches (just like Montblanc.) The best thing about Cartier is: Girls know the brand and like it. It´s kind of a chick-magnet sometimes...

Well my wife says I'm Metro and I'm comfortable with that. I have the J12 ceramic coated Chrono. It's a pretty cool watch. I bought my wife the matching ladies Chrono as well.

I don't worry about other peoples opinions. If I did , I wouldn't be more successful than most of the people I know.

Besides , your were born an original. Don't die a copy.

I live, work and vacation in all of the hot spots around the world other than the Middle East (NY, Paris, London, St Barts, etc.) and I have never seen a Chanel on a man's wrist. IMHO, any girl who you are meeting will think that you are gay and will want to be your BFF (without priviledges) so she can borrow the watch. If your a married guy than you don't care - buy the Chanel. :lol:

Seriously, in NYC the 38mm is the standard informal watch for married women - every upper East side housewife has one (yeah, black too). It goes with the pocketbook. ;)

Mrs Ubi's looks nice. Is 38mm not too big for her wrist?

Hmmm... 38mm fit her wrist quite nicely, methinks!

IMG_4126.jpg

Shortly after she rec'd it, the case took a hard impact and cracked the case :(

IMG_5138.jpg

IMG_5134.jpg

She was heartbroken, so, I ended up replacing it with a 33mm (which she also loves)...

IMG_5542.jpg

She's going on 2 years with the 33mm, and knock on wood, it's wearing nicely! No breaks or cracks and the finish of the ceramic is still smooth and glossy... I have to say, I'm quite impressed (cause she's not exactly gentle with her watches)!

:)

Mrs. Ubi's is 38mm - as is every woman's. Chanel is the one brand where all the women will go big as it is Chanel. When it comes to Chanel bigger pocketbooks, wallets and of course watches- ergo my advice. Seriously, the new 42mm might end up on men's wrists. But truthfully my wife is bugging me for that one.