When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

5th gen PO 42mm asian clone

P4GTR

I know the SMP is not like-for-like against the PO, but in these shots, I've used my gen SMP to help you gather your own conclusions. A multitude of shots with flash and natural lighting using Canon Rebel EOS, to show what the 5th generation 42mm Planet Ocean looks like.

IMG_6030.jpg

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

IMG_6006.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

IMG_6002.jpg

IMG_6001.jpg

IMG_5998.jpg

IMG_5997.jpg

IMG_5995.jpg

IMG_5992.jpg

IMG_6045.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6036.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6044.jpg

IMG_6022.jpg

IMG_6021.jpg

IMG_6016.jpg

IMG_6014.jpg

IMG_6010.jpg

Nice comparison! Any chance of a straight on dial shot showing the He Valve positions on the gen and the rep? There seems to be a lot of discussion about the position on the rep and that it's not quite right still. No one has posted any good comparison shots of the gen vs rep

Nice comparison! Any chance of a straight on dial shot showing the He Valve positions on the gen and the rep? There seems to be a lot of discussion about the position on the rep and that it's not quite right still. No one has posted any good comparison shots of the gen vs rep

i'd be glad to, alas, the SMP and PO have different He and crowns. None the less, if thats the comparison you want I'm more than willing to oblige.

Yup, your dial font is also silver

Absolutely agree. The date font does appear to be as white as 6,9,12. Some pics are taken via a loupe. The fonts are not that far off. I think the Omega print on the 6.9.12, compared to the Omega center specs were done on two different runs. One run produces the dial, hour markers, and 6/9/12. Second infamous run prints the omega info, albeit a dab of different.

I'm a guy that loves a 42mm but wasn't looking to pay the exorbitant cost associated with the occasional 4th gens that popped up for sale. A newly available 42mm case with correct He placement, correct lug width, serial #, and improved bezel/pearl are paramount for someone that wants a 42mm, especially someone that isn't going to franken everything. The likeness is sneeringly spot-on, the case set is waterproof (MR tested it for me, and I tested it on arrival) and the only real upgrade would be a lume job, which isn't very expensive in the way of mods/frankens.

Nice shots, thnx for the pics. Ill order one as soon as they have stopped partying ;)

I ordered mine on january 22. and got it yesterday (28.) a whopping 6days from order to delivery. fast for (pre)chinese newyears!! but feel cheated for 20bucks as i ordered the EU de-tour (which never happened) ...

loving the watch!

• 7 months later...

A UPO is a 45.5mm Planet Ocean replica, latest generation ..

The new 42mm never had a catchy name attached to it. We should call it the UPO42 or something ...

As long as you are buying from a forum dealer and choose the latest version of either of these watches you are going to get the best version. Look for clues like "Accepts genuine parts! And 1:1 construction!"