When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Biggest, Baddest Winter Storm of 2011......

hiker01

This is going to be an interesting afternoon......especially without my SUV! I guess the German Car will be tested today! Will update everyone as this progress!

We're down to 10ft visibility now, 22F and a Wind of 30MPH! WindChill of -7, Nanuq! Zip it! Don't even say a word!:victory:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LOL! I better go before they shut down the City, which we are tomorrow! Yooooohoooooo! Cross Country skeiing all day tomorrow!:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah baby! I'm a huge fan of wooden skis, leather boots and woolies. Do you skate or ski diagonal?

Crazy here too. This the 3rd storm in a row with over 20" snow. Nowhere to put it any longer. My driveway looks like a bobsled track.

Front walk after shoveling

2111stormfrontwalk.jpg

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! It looks like it's nice, light dry snow too. Nice job shoveling!

I bought a snowblower that I affectionately nicknamed Brunhilda, and we've got a date tonight. It snowed hard all last night and all day today... we'll see how close I can get to the house before I bury the Rover. Then it's Brunhilda to the rescue!

(cue Flight of the Valkyries by Wagner)

PS: hey we're nowhere close to the records... a few years ago we got 92 feet of snow

... 22F and a Wind of 30MPH! WindChill of -7, Nanuq! Zip it! Don't even say a word!:victory:

Dang, F, it got warmer up there today than it did in DFW!! I think I topped out at 21F, it's now 15F, supposed to get down to 8F!! That's sorta "nippy" for Texas! All I can say is "Thank God for global warming" :whistling: or we would all freeze to death this winter! :blink: Now, let me go find some tree-huggers to whup up on.... :angry:

greeting from Central New York, all.. :drinks:

110 inches or so of seasonal snow so far - with an expected 14-16 inches arriving tonight/tomorrow..."normal" winter total average 120 inches - so we're in for a long one this year...anyhow, most of the seasonal snow is lake effect (driven by moisture off of Lake Ontario) which is light to deal with...this storm is producing the wet, heavy stuff...will put my trusted 30 year old 300 series John Deere under some stress - but hey, its the life we know...

stay safe everyone...

R

...anyhow, most of the seasonal snow is lake effect (driven by moisture off of Lake Ontario) which is light to deal with...

That does not count. Lake effect is like fake snow...or shall we say Rep? :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Getting hammered here in the D, and since I know I am not going into the office tomorrow, I am following the "hammered" them with a bottle of red. :drinks:

Well, I could officially declare this as a Blizzard.....we're having wind gust of 60-70MPH. Just cleaned my driveway of 6-8" of snow and now there's another 2" of accumulation already......that just in a span of 45 mins. It's suppose to intensify by midnight. We might just get the 2 feet that is forecasted! Yoohoo!

Some pix of downtown Chicago when it started:

imag0004e.jpg

imag0008oi.jpg

imag0009s.jpg

My driveway:

When I got home:

dsc0087np.jpg

dsc0083mf.jpg

with the flash on:

dsc0085fi.jpg

After I snow blow:

dsc0089kx.jpg

dsc0086lo.jpg

and the wind picking up:

dsc0090xw.jpg

dsc0091it.jpg

dsc0092h.jpg

Fellow Chi-towner here - they've closed down northbound Lake Shore Drive, a large piece of debris got blown off Wrigley Field onto Clark Street, drifts up to 8 feet, this is at 10:30 PM. The wind outside is a constant roar.

I left work today at 2 PM, finally got home at 6:30, the trains were totally messed up with a lot of people leaving work early.

Taking the day off tomorrow, just hope we don't have a power outage.