When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My BK / WM9 Yachtmaster from Micky Padge

LeSentier

Dear members,

two weeks ago I received my holy grail watch. Mickey Padge sold me his beloved a well treasured BK Yachtmaster. needless to say, that the communication and transaction were smooth, the watch arrived in best condition after 4 days (!!!) inside EU. :good:

Although it was worn, I could not detect any signs of wear, since Mickey perfectly refurbished and polished the YM. It was originally the WM9, with all BK mods performed and a gen date disc installed. The watch is waterproof to 5 atm, but it will only see water when I clean her.... :pardon:

No pictorial, no great writeup, as promised just some pics how a pre-owned watch could look like if the owner takes some care.

Thanks again to Mickey , and to you guys for looking!

J

post-24587-0-30189500-1297168571.jpg

post-24587-0-15154600-1297168593.jpg

post-24587-0-32708000-1297168616.jpg

post-24587-0-91561100-1297168634.jpg

post-24587-0-59748200-1297168670.jpg

post-24587-0-85275600-1297168691.jpg

post-24587-0-72042600-1297168704.jpg

Hi sneed12,

this question should be adressed to Mickey himself - I bought the whole package

J

A gen datewheel won't fit an ETA movement, that's why I ask. It's possible to use a 3135 datewheel as an overlay, but you have to grind the crap out of it to make it thin enough to fit between the movement and the dial.

BK usually used a custom DW overlay instead, which is pretty close to gen but not gen.

It is possible! I have built a few watches with gen datewheels used as overlay. Of course, it is a lot of work with the grinding down, and everything has to be 100% to use all free spaces, but it is still possible. And it workes fine. The most positive on it - all numbers are 100% centred!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some fantastic pics!! I really love the look of the Yachtmaster but I just don't think that I can pull it off personally. A little too flashy and blingy for me. But that dial is so gorgeous!!! Congrats on the great pick up J!

I'd suggest picking up a budget one and seeing how you get on with it, I found mine a really nice watch to wear, and actually not as ostentatious as you might fear :)

The gen disc is indeed used as an overlay, it was installed by Domi, who did a fantastic job aligning everything.

Cool! I'll have to try that sometime, the amount of work involved and the fact that you essentially destroy the datewheel has scared me off so far, but it looks great!

I have one just sitting here..considering if i should go superfranken with gen dial and gen crystal (already have a gen crown/tube installed)

Somehow i am just not feeling it...but it´s a super rep for sure! I would say THE best out of the box!

Enjoy it J!

J / I think that a genuine crystal is more imortant on a sub and a genuine dial would be looking REALLY nice :)

Dear members,

two weeks ago I received my holy grail watch. Mickey Padge sold me his beloved a well treasured BK Yachtmaster. needless to say, that the communication and transaction were smooth, the watch arrived in best condition after 4 days (!!!) inside EU. :good:

Although it was worn, I could not detect any signs of wear, since Mickey perfectly refurbished and polished the YM. It was originally the WM9, with all BK mods performed and a gen date disc installed. The watch is waterproof to 5 atm, but it will only see water when I clean her.... :pardon:

No pictorial, no great writeup, as promised just some pics how a pre-owned watch could look like if the owner takes some care.

Thanks again to Mickey , and to you guys for looking!

J

Mickey is a true gentlemen for sure :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have used my BK YM in a several Rolex AD shops and I am sure they could not see that my YM was a replica :whistling:

Sometimes the metal ring round the indexes can be a little to thick but most of the dials have the right thickness!!!

This one looks GREAT :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wear it well