When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Joshs 5512 is quite nice

Star69

• 4 weeks later...

Reviving an old post. Love the watches. Did the crownguard need that much work? What model number plexi did you guys end up with finally?

I may order one of these and have fun wearing them.

E

Yes they went up to 118$

Tropic 39 fits fine. I didn't do anything to my cg's. They are in fact stubby... but it doesn't bother me too much.

Lugholes opened/2mm bars, gen crown/tube......work done by Jmb. Really like this watch, runs like a top.. and I wear it alot.

c7d92c80.jpg

Are all Josh's vintage subs with that same good type of case as the 5512 (with the good bezel construction / lug hole placement)? If so, maybe I'll pick up a 1680 with the 2846... or a 5513 with the cleaner dial. I've been looking to get a good vintage sub for ages now.

Looks awesome and no issues with having to change the date so I am sure it's even better for longevity. How big is the crown on that one? Do you have a shot of the crown tube? I amy just order on of his to replace my daily wearer.

E

Looks awesome and no issues with having to change the date so I am sure it's even better for longevity. How big is the crown on that one? Do you have a shot of the crown tube? I amy just order on of his to replace my daily wearer.

E

Sorry I do not have a pic of the tube alone. The crown is a gen 703 rolex with gen tube.

Agreed, no date = less to go wrong I guess.

b8dbbd81.jpg

17ab8204.jpg

• 1 month later...

The Clarks T19 is nice, but a little wider on the OD than the Ofrei units. Keep that in mind.

E

The genuine rolex T19 in my watch was the most dramatic upgrade of everything done.

I tried two aftermarket crystals, just no comparison to the gen.. I catch myself staring at my wrist during the day :whistling:

213d74f4.jpg

The genuine rolex T19 in my watch was the most dramatic upgrade of everything done.

I tried two aftermarket crystals, just no comparison to the gen.. I catch myself staring at my wrist during the day :whistling:

213d74f4.jpg

I also don't do nothing but watch my sub for the "joy" of my girl, because I always look at the clock, and she thinks it is boring me with her!

So the glass is hard to be installed or just the clark?

Thanks guys, we should think about making a club for lovers of 5512, I can't do it, but it would be nice to do a "banner" for this club and put it as our signature :)

JB

• 1 month later...

Joshs 5513 is also quite nice ;)

its been a while that i had time to work on some watches - so that one was in the box for a few month ...

has a swiss heart - new plexi, tube, crown -

just did some CG work :

IMG_9394.jpg

IMG_9398.jpg

always compare to the real deal :)

IMG_9396.jpg

lug holes drilled by hand :

IMG_9399.jpg

some insert aging

IMG_9400.jpg

check

IMG_9402.jpg

hope the damn hands for the ETA will arrive soon ...

anyway - still nice to work on these critters :)

looking forward to see some daylight to make decent pics ... :pimp:

cheers,

Frank

Joshs 5513 is also quite nice ;)

its been a while that i had time to work on some watches - so that one was in the box for a few month ...

has a swiss heart - new plexi, tube, crown -

just did some CG work :

always compare to the real deal :)

IMG_9396.jpg

lug holes drilled by hand :

some insert aging

check

hope the damn hands for the ETA will arrive soon ...

anyway - still nice to work on these critters :)

looking forward to see some daylight to make decent pics ... :pimp:

cheers,

Frank

well done

Ah yes... Hands are tired...

Please don't modify the Insert... It is very nice like this!

I've seen a vintage SD which have been revised 10 years ago and worn 2-3 times per week and was like new... So ok, not like new but very clean... Just a little scratch on insert and few on band but was really really clean...but not much aged appearance... Incredible!!!