When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Oyster

sly

Hi Guys,

This was an impulse buy from yesterday. It is a Rolex Oyster manual wind, I love vintage watches and since it's midsize I am planning to let my wife wear it. Was this a good buy and anybody know about this specific watch. Pictures were not to clear but enough i think to say it's the real deal. Here you go..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rt=nc&nma=true&item=320653250376&si=IEpw0%252FLUul%252BQTGNZIVFbd1h7XCk%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT

Sly

Hey, hey!!!

Man, how come I didn't see that one??!!??!?!? :wounded1:

I've been looking for vintage Oysters for over a year. Missed out on several by being outbid.

Good deal there. Anyways if I did see it, I would have bid on it against you, and that won't be good...

wear it well. I'm wearing my franken Oyster Perpetual Date today. Got it yesterday.

Yeah, I was surprised too (On a Weekend). I placed a bid for $700.00 as my highest bid and left the house and saw that I won for less than my bid. Anyway's I need a crystal for this, You can't. see how nice the dial is bec. of the crystal and it's cracked in the bottom as well. You'll Find yours one of this days :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sly

Yeah, I was surprised too (On a Weekend). I placed a bid for $700.00 as my highest bid and left the house and saw that I won for less than my bid. Anyway's I need a crystal for this, You can't. see how nice the dial is bec. of the crystal and it's cracked in the bottom as well. You'll Find yours one of this days :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Sly

yeah, I missed out on a OysterPrecision 6426 on TZ from a trusted TZ powerseller. I waited too long and someone else picked it up. I found an OysterPrecision Date later and picked that one up only to find out that it was a mid size (boy's size). I didn't do my research as it was rebound purchase for missing out on the 6426. I will eventually gift that to my daughter when she is old enough.

$700 eh? If I saw it, I would have outbid yah.. Glad I didn't see it as I'd hate to outbid a fellow RWG'er. :victory:

I think I'll play around with frankens for now. I'm wearing one right now and am in the midst of finishing off a old school DJ.