When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

NZ earthquake

KB

At 12.51pm AEDT today a 6.3 earthquake rocked Christchurch NZ

The pictures I am seeing on the news reports are devastating and police confirm there are mass fatalities.

I do hope that none of our NZ members are affected by this but please can everyone give up a silent prayer or healing thought to all our kiwi friends.

Ken

The devastation is horrible. My parents live 5 hours away in Alexandra, and they fortunately did not feel any affects of the quake. My niece lives in Christchurch, but luckily she was on her honeymoon in Australia. The bad part is that she was due back today but the airport is closed so she is stuck in Auz for now. My thoughts and prayers are going out to many family and friends. They have been through a lot of terrible times there. With the last earthquake happening in September, they were only just beginning to get over it. According to my niece they have had over 2000 aftershocks since september and that's what made this one even worse. No one thought it was going to "ramp up" to the level that it did.