When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Tudor is here!

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

Look what arrived today!

55024005.jpg

Only some quick pics for now, will write more later as I need to go out now! Enjoy!

79493906.jpg

19634018.jpg

74780513.jpg

Wristie:

20063461.jpg

Chrono family (6263 is saying goodbye today and starts it travel to Italy to another member!)

89671193.jpg

7032 ROCKS, I love it! :clapping:

Guest Sql_pl

Thanks guys!

I have to say I am very happy, I was thinking about one of these for a while but I guess it would take me some time to finally try to source the movement and rest of the parts and put it all together. With my recent luck (knock on wood) this one was offered to me complete, assembled by our own Domi! :)

Delivery definately has to be around the world record, I am sure - from Italy to my wrist in Poland in 17 HOURS :)

Watch is based on full DW kit, powered by Valjoux 7734 with correct 45 minute counting subdial and finished with very nice folded 7836 with 385 endlinks.

I need to get a genuine crystal but I am worried there will probably be some fitting issues. Do I need to shave ID of the bezel to fit gen crystal?

I may also consider gen crown, which crown should I go for?

Oh and are all these 7734s non quick set? Took me a while to set the date! :)

Great watch all in all. Cannot wait for my next purchase to arrive, this along with Tudor pictured in this thread will seriously upgrade my collection! :)

The date can be quick set the old school way. Advance till midnight, after the date changes, roll the time back to 9 pm then forward again.

Gen crystal will require ID of bezel to be shaved. As for the crown, a 702 crown and tube would finish it off nicely.

Question: Where can I get a bracelet like that?

Also, if a new crown is what you are after, I would shave the CG's as they are not even close to gen.....big surprise right :animal_rooster:

Guest Sql_pl

Previous owner refers to the source of the bracelet as watchinternational, I assume it could have been obtained via Mary, prob a bracelet from a 1655 rep?

Guest Sql_pl

Wanted to take some comparison pics of this 7734 vs 72 but unfortunately the back of my 6263 is so tight I cannot open it with duct tape roll, latex gloves etc.