When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex 24-703 ID

blix

I bought these on eBay, and I'm wondering if they are in fact genuine or not. I have compared it to one of my known to be genuine 24-703 crowns and it seems to match.

I'd like some input from the experts, pretty please.

Pictures.

52000449.jpg

Shot at 2011-03-09

85077900.jpg

Shot at 2011-03-09

86475578.jpg

Shot at 2011-03-09

80836298.jpg

Shot at 2011-03-09

Thanks a lot guys.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yep...lack of crimp marks on the inner edge of the teeth....these aftermarket crowns are probably cast?

Also....I like the old style coronet on the crown......although I have heard that the coronet style on your crown (with thin crown spikes) is also seen in newer GEN crowns.

check out the photos in this listing....see the crimped edge along the inside beveled edge of the crown.....this is an older crown though....but that's how these are suppose to look....this method of making a GEN crown requires much more specialized machine...compared to casting a crown, like REPs are.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rolex-Double-Sea-Dweller-5513-Watch-Crown-7mm-/390295868009?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5adf725269

That's great info guys! I've just compared it with one of my known to be gen. crowns -- and it seems I overlooked the so called crimped inner teeth. Nonetheless, this is a shitty situation. The guy I bought it from has perfect feedback apart from some shipping stuff. :wounded1:

pheww.. I got lucky then =D. I just took a look at my own parts.

I am hoarding parts as well. This is my 702 and 703 side by side.

side.jpg

And this is the 702 tube I got from marsupilami vs gen (which doesn't fit anymore)- gen is the dirtier one and the one with the thicker inner diameter (left on the second pic I think)

tubeside.jpg

tubesfront.jpg

And why not experiment with photography while I'm at it..my wm9s.

wm9.jpg

rawr-1.jpg

Couldn't these be 24-704 crowns and not 703's ? I have seen several sellers on eBay selling monobloc crowns with the shorter coronet as 703 crowns. I agree that all 703's should be crimped, but I haven't seen a 703 crown with that style coronet. If someone has a picture, I would love to see it.

I have been trying to find a picture of a 703 crown with the modern style coronet but haven't been able to find one. I have seen 704's and their coronet looks like the ones the OP posted. I have also bought several new 703 crowns and their coronet has been the taller (vintage) version. I wonder if some people just have their nomenclature incorrect.

@Justasgood: I have read the link you posted several times before but I still haven't found an answer to my question. I read it again and you posted on 12 Nov 2009 that "I won't sleep until I get a new in packacge(Un-opened) from Rolex 24-703 crown that is 1 piece and has this type of relief" The picture you posted has the shorter coronet that I associate with modern Rolex watches. Did you ever get a 703 with that coronet?

@cib0rgman: The crown in your picture is indeed a 703. The coronet looks different than the pictures the OP posted in the original post.

Perhaps I am just stressing over this... I am just trying to figure this out once and for all. Thanks to everyone for the help and pics!!!!