When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who does the best dial refinishing

usmctowgnr

Guest rolex1

Personally, at all costs I would AVOID International Dial Co, they will absolutely DESTROY anything Rolex. They are good for a Hamilton, Waltham, or an Elgin but a Rolex they just trash them. Kirk Rich Dials, there is a lot of hype about, yet I have never seen anything truly great come from their workshop. The best choice for a Rolex dial is going to be Danafi in Barcelona, they usually charge me around $200-$500 for a refinish depending on what is involved, probably closer to the $200 on those dials as a Rolex dial is somewhat routine...no making a special die.

So my 2 Cents there.

Edited by rolex1

If those are gen dials, I would not refinish them. Sell them on VRF or ebay, and buy a couple Yuki or NDtrading dials if you want something refinished. Even the ugliest damaged dials sell for upwards of $500 these days. If you refinish it, its worth $200 or less.

I also question the authenticity of those dials especially the first one.

dizz

I also question the authenticity of those dials especially the first one.

I will raise you 1. Now that I see both pics (until now, the 1st pic was not displaying for some reason), I do not think either is genuine.

Good rule of thumb - when you see fuzzy, dark, distant, or shadowy pics in sale ads, run away.

Freddy's message is dead nuts on!The refinisher must know what you expect...Contrary to the earlier condemnation of "International Dial" They have served me well. They recently did a snowflake for me much to my satisfaction.I'm not in line w/ the addage that refinished dials are crap!Rob at international is accomodating & does fine work! Regards, mcotter

Talking about GMT 1675 dials, what I see around me in shops, the background is very mat and black dark, printings are consistant white brillant and slightly in relief

Yuki have poor inconsistant flat writings, and not enough white

all my GMT dials where refinished in Paris here : ATELCA - www.atelierducadran.com +33- 1 42 77 05 02 (if these infos can help Europeans)

it cost only 130 euros. When its a particular dial and if they don't have the right font templates, they have to take a photo and this cost 180 euros more

For Rolex, they have almost all types and fonts. But if the dial is a fake, they will refuse the job. They refused from me certain Yuki dials with a back stamped star followed with a number. They accepted the job when it was stamped Singer... this is ridiculous as Chinese put themselves a Singer stamp :lol:

Edited by Rolexaddict