When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SUB LV inserts

watcher

Someone was asking not too long ago about the LV insert from Cousins here in the UK so I thought I would order one and see. I'm building a Sub LV based around a gen dial I have bought and was going to source a gen insert but this Cousins insert colour is spot on for me. I thought I would just post a couple of early pics and give you guys who want a nice colour insert an idea how it looks. Dial has not arrived just yet so it is just the case set for now.

I bought a TW case set from BK not long ago and have removed the rehaut engraving and fitted a gen crown and tube set. The crystal is great so I will leave that alone.

The insert has a nice Olive green look to it and not too vivid like some aftermarket inserts I have seen. It does have a gen pearl in it which is the only negative I guess with the crappy pearl it had fitted but you can source better pearls.

002-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Last pic in direct sunlight.

005-4.jpg

Hi

Great post, thanks for showing. I got a similar one off the Bay, the color is just right and the pearl fixable with expoy. Mine has too fat numbers though.

Then I got another one with crisp numbers but that one has terrible colouring, something olive-military-greenish. :yuk:

I can't say for sure on yours, are the numbers crisp?

Thanks for your opinion. :)

Val.

Someone was asking not too long ago about the LV insert from Cousins here in the UK so I thought I would order one and see. I'm building a Sub LV based around a gen dial I have bought and was going to source a gen insert but this Cousins insert colour is spot on for me. I thought I would just post a couple of early pics and give you guys who want a nice colour insert an idea how it looks. Dial has not arrived just yet so it is just the case set for now.

I bought a TW case set from BK not long ago and have removed the rehaut engraving and fitted a gen crown and tube set. The crystal is great so I will leave that alone.

The insert has a nice Olive green look to it and not too vivid like some aftermarket inserts I have seen. It does have a gen pearl in it which is the only negative I guess with the crappy pearl it had fitted but you can source better pearls.

002-6.jpg

004-5.jpg

Last pic in direct sunlight.

005-4.jpg

Hi Watcher,

That was me that asked that question, so thanks! much appreciated! I had put it on the back burner since getting a 5512 and 1680 from josh. Been too busy modding them. But now I have seen your insert I may have to order one, looks very good.

Kindest regards, Marc.

Not bad - probably the best aftermarket LV insert I've seen. Though, it's far from perfect. The minute markers are too fat, and the green hue/shine is too dark/matte.

The markers are only very, very slightly fatter. My camera shots make it appear thicker than they are. The finish too is better in the flesh and may be very slightly flatter but not significantly.

Just saying, mate. It still has tells - but so will EVERY aftermarket item. This is the first insert that I would dare to use on a watch - all the other aftermarket inserts are just... crap.

WM9: Good colour and hue, but font isn't that great, nor is the thickness.

WM: Hah. Everything is wrong.

JO: Good printing, but almost no hue. Contrast stays the same from whatever angle.

Kurtyiu: Diameter is too small.

Wholesaleoutlet: Good printing, good font, nice green hue - yet not perfect.

I've tried all those inserts. Which made me come to the conclusion that a gen insert is the way to go. The green colour, with the hue and different contrast depending on angle/lighting -- It cannot be replicated properly. Black/silver isn't that hard to replicate - get the font right, get the thickness right, and you're pretty much done. The LV insert on the other hand... whole different story. Although the gen pearl helps a lot. :)

The markers are only very, very slightly fatter. My camera shots make it appear thicker than they are. The finish too is better in the flesh and may be very slightly flatter but not significantly.

• 2 weeks later...