When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How Much Do You Spend On A Strap?!

rmcsherry

How Much Do You Spend On A Strap?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. As the title asks, how much would you be prepared to spend on a strap?

• 0 - $50
    • $50 - $100
    • $100 - $150
    • $150 - $200
    • $200 +

I was reading the subject about how much you spend on a rep, and wondered - how much would you spend on a strap? The way I have looked at it up until now is similar to buying cables for your stereo - as a rule of thumb, spend 10% of the cost of the system. Applied to a gen, the straps will be $200 - $400... however I know of some members who spend this to go with their reps. I guess a cheap strap will always let down a good rep!

So, how much would you spend?

A Metta strap is around $200 I think. Haven't got one yet though!

At least you can sell your strap afterwards separate from the watch.

Problem is, how many do you buy ? It's just as addictive as watch buying! :black_eye:

$150 max for me. I have probably purchased 30+ straps over the past two years. Down to 8. I only have straps that are in the $80-$150 range now. You might see a couple up for sale soon :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I love Wojtecki, Strapmasters, ABP, and MP. I've owned Europelli, Banda, Bob, Don, OEM, Dirk, Toscana, Walter and Strapsworks. Never owned an HKTan or MF. Will have to try one some day.

> How Much Do You Spend On A Strap?!

LOL, that's a scary question. My limit has been $230 so far, I can't see it going higher than that. There are lot's of good straps out there in the $80-130 range.

Europelli has been my most purchased brand, the quality is great and Drew is an excellent guy!

For custom straps, Aaron HKTan is the way to go for me so far.

Just ordered a Metta from Rob and he has been very communicative and thorough throughout our dealings :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good luck with your purchase!

I'm not giving Rob a plug as such but the quality of his straps far exceeds any strapmasters, europelli, Dirk (yes Dirk) etc etc. In fact his straps are by far the best I have ever seen - the only thing he does not have is a large range of colours and types. I did not hesitate to get him to make my 3646 strap and that would have cost around $250 - excellent value. It's always a problem for rep owners when a strap is as much as a rep watch but the gen owners think nothing of spending $300 on a strap.

I have to say BOB straps are good enough if you want to replace the rep strap. Great value for money, and won't leave your watch looking shabby either. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Ah Straps.

I have spent up to 80 so far but next year I am going to buy a few quality ones for my best pieces. They look to be about 180 price range. BUT, I have no problem with my Tuscana at 60. I may talk myself out of it by then but I thought I would wait to see what watches I wear the most and then get a nice looking strap for them.

Usil

The best part of straps is they are fully interchangeable on reps and gens so I buy what I want knowing that I have many watches to rotate them around on. I often buy them second hand as I prefer worn straps. I do own a few Pre-V gens and so those are expensive. Beyond those I don't think I have spent more than $150 or so. IMHO, a good strap is far easier to justify than another rep. Not that that has stopped me. :lol:

I have to say BOB straps are good enough if you want to replace the rep strap. Great value for money, and won't leave your watch looking shabby either. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I was thinking of getting a BOB strap. Are the Vertigo straps good value, better than the Sportivo?

If ever a question was screaming for a Poll............this was it! ;)

JTB

Wouldn't have a clue how to add one! It seems most people see it as an investment though... I'm waiting for a buckle to arrive before getting Rob to make me a custom strap, it seems expensive but worthwhile for the effort I've put into the project.

LOL, that's a scary question. My limit has been $230 so far, I can't see it going higher than that. There are lot's of good straps out there in the $80-130 range.

Europelli has been my most purchased brand, the quality is great and Drew is an excellent guy!

For custom straps, Aaron HKTan is the way to go for me so far.

Just ordered a Metta from Rob and he has been very communicative and thorough throughout our dealings :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Good luck with your purchase!

Who is Rob? I know Bob, Drew, Aaron, BigBob and Don, but don't know a Rob.