When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DWs 6239

tonyp1

I've got a 7750-powered 6239, and I love it--except for the tumah beneath the crown. Yes, I know the later '39s were shaped differently from the earlier run, but DW's version has a lot of extra metal on the right-hand side. Otherwise, the case is finished very nicely, and the steel bezel is among the best aftermarket items available. Praetor (I think) correctly pointed out that the bezel was angled a bit more steeply than the gen, but this is a minor sin.

Technically, your picture shows a 6241, but DW's black plastic bezel is great, too. The '110' spacing continues to be a problem, but getting rid of it requires spending big bucks (for, say, a Phong or a gen) or exchanging it for a different set of inaccuracies (as on Yuki's black bezel).

Has anyone ordered this watch? Seems a good deal. Something seems to be off about the bezel thought.

Acccording to "Rolex Daytona, a Legend is born" the 6239 came with a steel bezel, not the black plastic. the Newman Daytona with hte black plaxtic bezel insert was 6241. I'm not a Daytona expert by any means, so I certanly could be wrong. The book has lots of really detailed closeups of the "Newman" dials as well.

I've got a 7750-powered 6239, and I love it--except for the tumah beneath the crown. Yes, I know the later '39s were shaped differently from the earlier run, but DW's version has a lot of extra metal on the right-hand side. Otherwise, the case is finished very nicely, and the steel bezel is among the best aftermarket items available. Praetor (I think) correctly pointed out that the bezel was angled a bit more steeply than the gen, but this is a minor sin.

Technically, your picture shows a 6241, but DW's black plastic bezel is great, too. The '110' spacing continues to be a problem, but getting rid of it requires spending big bucks (for, say, a Phong or a gen) or exchanging it for a different set of inaccuracies (as on Yuki's black bezel).

sounds like you got a good metal bezel, can you give us in/out diameter and thickness ?

the one i got from DW a few months ago is complete out of the reality (to small)

Rolexaddict: It is a 300UPH bezel, but I should have mentioned that I needed to trim the inside of the bezel so that a Tropic 21 could fit. However, I remember reading that freddy333 did not need to modify the bezel on his DW 6239/V72; a genuine crystal fit perfectly.

I remember reading that freddy333 did not need to modify the bezel on his DW 6239/V72; a genuine crystal fit perfectly.

1 of my DW bezels fit around a gen T21, but most require a bit of enlarging since DW's bezels are made to fit his aftermarket crystals, which are slightly smaller than the gen. So it all depends on what you receive. Sometimes they fit & sometimes not.

1 of my DW bezels fit around a gen T21, but most require a bit of enlarging since DW's bezels are made to fit his aftermarket crystals, which are slightly smaller than the gen. So it all depends on what you receive. Sometimes they fit & sometimes not.

I had the same problem with DW bezels. I eventually used a cartel bezel for my build...

Yeah i would sand it by hand. I dont have much luck using dremels on round or curved surfaces like on the inside of a bezel ring. Doing it by hand takes a LOT longer but I think you get a better result.

I dont plan to use my silver bezel anyways so I havent bothered to modify it yet.