When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Salvaged Sea-dweller Genuine Singer Dial...

Here is what I started with...

129752-19571.jpg

129752-19572.jpg

129752-19573.jpg

And after removing the old lume and fixing it up with some new lume, I got these results...not perfect but not bad given what I started with... I had to cut the old lume off with a knife as it was the wrong consistancy and had too much binder in it...cutting it off did some damage to the original lume on the dial, so I painted it over, and then applied the vinatage lume I mixed up...

129752-19574.jpg

129752-19575.jpg

129752-19576.jpg

129752-19577.jpg

129752-19578.jpg

RG

Very nice work as usual. That original lume job looks like another bad lume job you've shown us recently..... Did it pass through the same place before making its way to you?

Same watch and same dial...see other post for the complete package following the work that was done...

The owner had written this dial off, but since it's a genuine Singer dial, I had to try and save it...

RG

For those who haven't yet read the whole saga, this thread should be read in conjunction with this one.

The pics speak for themselves. The Zigmeister's undramatic, detailed observations and subsequent work speak for themselves. Defensive babbling blowharding speaks for itself. Who are you going to send your watch to?

Great work which I'm not sure I could totally appreciate until I gave my attempts at doing some lum work myself. All this stuff happens at such a micro level it makes painting on a postage stamp look easy. This stuff is so unforgiving and seems to have a mind of its own, it is impressive to see someone bring it under control. I'll stick to the sandwich dials for the next year or so.