When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Current projects: Tudor 7032 black dial & Rolex PAN-AM 6542

donerix

Finally had some time to play with newly arrived parts and start two projects I had planed for a while now:

1) Tudor 7032 (I really want a 7031, but can't find a black bezel at a reasonable price):

DW case set and a Valjoux 7732 (I am gonna let my watch smith do final transplant, keeping my fingers crossed that everything will fit):

Tudor7032-1-2.jpg

Tudor7032-3-2.jpg

Tudor7032-2-2.jpg

2) PAN-AM inspired 6542 GMT

Still need to age the dial and hands, but I really like the faded blue bezel.

Gen crown and Clark's plexi:

6542PANAM-1-2.jpg

6542PANAM-2-2.jpg

6542PANAM-3-2.jpg

Hopefully I can install my Angelus tomorrow in it's new case and finally finish a 9 months project.

Really nice progress, donerix! I especially like the aging of the 7032 dial, but if I were you, I'd ditch those main hands for a Yuki set ASAP.

The master has spoken and the student will go ahead and order NOW :)

I can't wait to get the watch back from the watch smith, he is making a little clip right now that is holding on of the pusher levers down and that was missing. Otherwise dial, case and hands fit perfectly together (he had to widen the holes of the hands though) and I honestly think that the 7732 feels superior to the 7734 IMO ( a lot more refined)

The master has spoken and the student will go ahead and order NOW :)

Trust me on this one! As great a job DW did on this kit, his hands look like rejects from an $88 vintage Milgauss.

I'm glad to hear the 7732 transplant went well. You're right about the 7734. It's a solid movement (most of the time), but you can understand why Tudor switched to the comparatively ancient Valjoux 234 for the 7100-series chronographs.