When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM286J Special Edition Rattrapante

unregistered

So what's a special edition J-series Rattrapante? A 286J of course, basically a rattrapante version of the 253I.

For those who wonder a rattrapante is essentially a double chronograph or split second complication. The one featured in the 286 is derived off the venerable 7750 and features a double column wheel from memory, something most collectors just love gushing about (most current crops of inhouse chronos contain column wheels) due to their efficiency and design.

Anyhow, on to the pics of my first chrono PAM;

IMG_1959.jpg

IMG_1975.jpg

IMG_1982.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1986.jpg

IMG_1984.jpg

IMG_1985.jpg

close up of the 6 & LSML which the 253 doesn't do as well

IMG_1987.jpg

Lume is amazing

IMG_2000.jpg

IMG_2002.jpg

IMG_2004.jpg

Wristie;

IMG_1998.jpg

I've since poisoned Takashi and kkj to order one. Even though its claimed to be a mineral crystal, it is absolutely stunning. Very clear, looks like colorless strong AR, great distortion (i.e. gen like very little). Great dial and printing and overall feel is one of a quality gen. The CG is near perfect, there is a mild dimple in the overall CG when viewed at an angle but well, can't be easily noticed. Movement is wrong but still looks great.

So what am I about to do to this beauty? DLC it but of course! Off it goes on Wednesday to be sandblasted and coated by Taka, can't wait for my pseudo 332. :D

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I much prefer this to the 253.... even the dial is in MHO better going by them side by side. I think you can see that in those comparison shotsof my 253 & 286

:good: for the 286.

For ages I wanted a 253 but haven't regretted buying a 286. In fact, it's hardly been off my wrist since I bought it a few weeks ago. The finish on these is stunning, and the black hands are a nice touch over the shiny ones on the 253.

Do you know something we dont ?

I think there's rumor of the perfected DLC finish of the new 026K being applied to the 286, to make a pseudo-332. That'll look in-fracking-sane :)

PAM332-logo.jpg

Imagine that on a really light tan 24/22 Croc JV with a DLC PAM deployant... Ooooh, In the words of Jeremy Clarkson, I think I'm nursing a semi just imagining it...

Edited by subbiesrock

It is something unregistered said in his last paragraph

Bingo. Handed over to Taka yesterday. Beadblasting of the case should be done by Friday and hopefully by end of next week I'll have my pseudo 332 which is what brought me back into reps since I was on the fence for getting a gen 332.

Bingo. Handed over to Taka yesterday. Beadblasting of the case should be done by Friday and hopefully by end of next week I'll have my pseudo 332 which is what brought me back into reps since I was on the fence for getting a gen 332.

Yummm :)

The gen 332 has a very shitty version, it looks like Cartel PVD mainly cause the case has not been bead blasted and is brushed. I personally prefer the 286 finish as well, its gorgeous the brushed and polished finishes but well, I wanted a 332 and it does look sexy so :D

If I was choosing any DLC'd watch it'd have to be a Bell&Ross :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Out of interest, how much is the DLC coating process costing?

B&R...been there, done that, gens chip. Not saying that the reps don't, but the finish ain't that great.

And my favorite DLCed watch is my Linde Werdelin Hard Black II

IMG_0140.jpg

I actually don't know the price thought I have 2 pieces with him right now for coating :D hahaha...can't remember, he's got prices on his website I think

@loopy - I thought you were referring to the factories doing a 332 dial etc... :( Not UR getting his 286 done.....Zig did the same to his 253 and he reblued the hand and sub dial...looks lovely

UR that LW...how do you engage the pushers?

Is there a release for them?

erm what pushers? The chronograph version is the Spidospeed and was only just released at Basel

http://www.hodinkee....d-by-morte.html

Beautiful piece.

Mine is a stock chronometer so no pushers.

From your pic... I saw two recesses with what looks like rubber ends in them, just on the side of the case, I assumed they were pushers.....