When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My last (ever) watch purchase

Blobzor

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UPDATE and Errata corrige:

10 SAFE TIPS

1 - Modding is one expensive hobby!

2 - If you got one 5$ watch and you want to got one 5000$ watch spending 10$ for modding, chose to another hobby, it's better.

3 - Always get in your envelope or packet a short description of the Mods you need and your address and mail address.

4 - Ask for quote before start a new modding or repairing work.

5 - Remember that there may be problems with the watch that couldnt be forseen.

6 - Always ship by a safe method. Good is UPS with tracking etc

7 - If you pay the extra, Domi can ship back with tracking etc Just ask for a price.

8- If you got problems with Domi, ask for some other member to tell with him, or simply use Domi's RWG tread:

http://www.rwgforum....tchmaker-in-eu/

9- Last, but only for some donkey guy , when you pay , do not call back money on PayPal .

10 - Last always remember again that Modding is expensive hobby!

As for Domi, I cannot tell anything but good things, he's just too busy right now I guess.:)

Sorry to hear about your issue mate....I hope it gets resolved for you :)

But your point isnt at issue here or affecting his service.....

The simple fact in respect of this thread is

Domi received the watch but without any contact details in the package....... Its hard to inform someone that their watch has arrived if there is no way of contacting him.....

And that Domi cannot reply to Emails if he has not received them.....

Well, i should have posted this a long time ago.

He got my watch, he worked it but somehow i was stupid enough (or did i ? can't remember) to add my email adress in the package.

I remember emailing him tho, blah, anyway

She's coming home ;)

Thanks crew, who ever contacted again domi on my behalf.

\o/

I'm also in the middle of a non promising transaction.

I've been waiting for a watch shipped from CONUS for more than one month: I contacted the seller to kindly ask a scan of the shipment receipt to be sure the address written was correct and I got no reply at all after 10 days and one reminder.

I'll wait a couple of weeks more but it's not a nice situation.

I already lost one watch as seller and refunded 100% the buyer.

As for Domi, I cannot tell anything but good things, he's just too busy right now I guess.:)

Please keep this community updated on this situation. All members must be held accountable for there actions,or lack thereof. If this person Is not doing the right thing(not responding) then you need to reveal his identity. This could save many of us problems In the furture,good luck :) Mike

Please keep this community updated on this situation. All members must be held accountable for there actions,or lack thereof. If this person Is not doing the right thing(not responding) then you need to reveal his identity. This could save many of us problems In the furture,good luck :) Mike

+1!

Using the search button, I suppose you got to:

http://www.rwgforum....r/18919-nikki6/

This will let you to contact a person without evolving all the forum in your private situations.

I did a LOT of pm'ing, before this week, all of sudden i decided to rant & vent, and magically the situation is almost solved. So i guess i'll stick with the 2nd way of doing things.

No worries, I'll do, although the purchase has been placed on a different board. :)

The admin here has a excellent track record when It comes to weeding out rip off artist,reguardless of board. They have had a lot of pratice :thumbsupsmileyanim: Again,good luck.:) Mike

So i guess i'll stick with the 2nd way of doing things.

So you mean you post a thread blaming and smearing the reputation of someone one else for your failure to do any of the accepted protocols and then let other members sort it out for you......

Nice one...:thumbdown:

Allright this is getting out of hand, who are you to speak about shitty mentality ?

Now read that, and draw your own conclusions before talking again.

So please explain me what diplomacy did to me, and what "exposing" people did to me, in terms of results ?

Of course you can blame me for the lack of instructions given to domi (even tho, an handwritten letter was in the package, probably not complete tho (my fault indeed), please note i never did work with him before (neither will i), and i didn't know what i have to do.

So yes, probably he's very good, probably i got unlucky, the fact is I NEVER GOT A [censored] ANSWER BEFORE EXPOSING THE SITUATION.

Too bad i can't write in bigger letters so you would , maybe, understand. And yes, i'm still talking to you.

I'm not saying here, nikki is in fault. He is not. And the last part about finding him was more for the "heads-up" rather than calling someone name. On the other hand, yes, i did call domi. And well, it worked.

(Long ass pm msg, for those who are bored at work)

Sent 01 December 2010 - 01:57 PM

Hi mate,

Have managed to get a hold of Domi, and he says he will take the watch in for repair.

If you could send it to the address below and just add a note to say it's the watch I spoke to him about and we shall hopefully have you with a gorgeous working watch very soon!!

Domenico

BlaBlaAddress

BlaBlaAddress

Germany

Thanks

Sixx

Sent 01 December 2010 - 04:13 PM

Ok,i'll ship it.. on friday at best i guess, i'll add the note, do you have any idea of the price..it could be ? are we having some discount or smth ? ;smile.gif

Sent 01 December 2010 - 04:26 PM

Not sure on the price yet until we find out the issue, I don't think it's going to be expensive though.

Sent 09 December 2010 - 08:25 PM

Hi , it was shipped only today, he should have it next week, i did let an handwritten letter, but not sure

a) he can understand my writing

cool.gif he speaks english

So if you have any contact with him..

It's packed in a biscuit box smile.gif

Sent 09 December 2010 - 11:13 PM

Hi mate,

Good to hear from you, hope all is well!!

I'll send him an email tonight to let him know it's on it's way. He knows to expect it, but I would rather make sure!!

Sixx

Sent 14 December 2010 - 10:41 AM

Well, let me know when he'll receive it, if he contacts you, i guess he should ? smile.gif

Sent 14 December 2010 - 02:03 PM

I'll let you know as soon as he gets in touch mate!

Sixx

Sent 21 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

Nothing yet ..?

Sent 21 December 2010 - 03:52 AM

Nothing as yet mate, one of my German friends said he's been real busy.

I'm going to shoot him a quick email tomorrow and try find out where he's at with the watch.

Sixx

Sent 29 December 2010 - 10:31 PM

Still no news at all nikki ?

This is getting embarrassing now :/

Sent 01 January 2011 - 02:46 PM

I don't think he is answering mail over the holidays, I'm going to try him again on Monday.

Sent 11 January 2011 - 03:15 PM

Still no news i guess it must be

a) lost

cool.gif stolen

c) disapeared

:/

Sent 11 January 2011 - 03:45 PM

Did you send it to him tracked?

He's a busy guy, so I'm guessing there will be a few watches before yours, but I did expect him to at least acknowledge receipt of them!

I'll try him again, I'll get one of the German guys to translate again for me, it seems the best way to communicate with him!

Sixx

Sent 21 January 2011 - 02:01 PM

Would you have his e-mail ? so i can ask him if he got anything and call it quit ?

Guess it was my last impulse buy, or buy at all actually. Maybe that was necessary after all

Sent 21 January 2011 - 04:36 PM

Hey bud,

I've emailed him again, so maybe I'll get an answer this time?!

His email is lololol@googlemail.com Hopefully you will have more luck than me with him?!

Think I might use Francisco from now on, at least he stays in touch!!

Sixx

Sent 03 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hi mate,

Did you have any luck emailing Domi yet?!

Sorry I haven't been in touch, I've been back in hospital for the last week and a half, just got home today.

I skimmed my emails but nothing jumped out from Domi, just hoping you have heard something from him!

Hope you're well bud!

S

Sent 03 February 2011 - 03:49 PM

Well i sent an e-mail, not answer at all, i've contacted someone who can speak german.. hope to have an answer, at least, even tho i think i'll never see it again :|

Hope you are better too

Sent 03 February 2011 - 04:02 PM

I don't understand why he isn't replying, everyone I have spoken to says he's always been very reliable?!

I'll email him again today, I gave him your address details and everything so he would know your return address from the package! Do you have a tracking number for it that I can maybe send him?

And thank you for the well wishes, been a rough couple of weeks, but hopefully on the up now!

S

Sent 03 February 2011 - 04:09 PM

Well of course it wasn't insured or anything since it was for me.. sad.gif

i have nothing "to prove" that i shipped it

Sent 03 February 2011 - 04:18 PM

I've just spoken to Whatever123, he's the guy that translates for me, great guy too by the way!! He said that he has been moving house and that might be causing a delay?

I know moving house is a huge upheaval, but you would think he would let customers who have watches with him that it's going on!!

Damn, was hoping it would be tracked. Hopefully this house move is the issue and he will get back to us soon!!

If he has lost it or something has happened we will work something out bud, I wouldn't leave a friend hanging like that!!

S

Sent 03 February 2011 - 04:45 PM

Well i can't prove that he received it or not, heck, i can't even prove i've shipped it.. except for the bill maybe so i can't really blame him, i'd just like to get an answer :|

Sent 05 February 2011 - 03:44 PM

Your word is proof enough for me mate!!

I'd very much like an answer too, not impressed by his customer services at all so far!!

S

Sent 10 February 2011 - 02:13 AM

well well, still nothing :|

this guy is hard to reach, to say the least..

Sent 11 February 2011 - 01:28 AM

I've had nothing either man, it's getting beyond a joke!!

Going to try and get my German friend to contact him directly for me, I think he may have his personal email.

S

Sent 16 February 2011 - 11:42 PM

Well.. what's the next move ? it's been 2 months now. his friends just told me he "moved" but.. :|

Sent 17 February 2011 - 12:04 AM

Thats all I've been told too. I've been told to be patient and he will get back to us once things have settled, but it's taking so friggin long man!!

Sent 12 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

Well.. it's about 3 months now sad.gif

Whats the plan, book a fly to deutschland?

Sent 12 March 2011 - 04:27 PM

I just don't understand why we aren't getting any replies?! Seems others are able to contact him!

I'm going to speak to Whatever123 again and see if he can dig up anything for me, he knows him quite well I believe!

I'm the one your mommy warned you about!! I'm every mother's nightmare and every daughter's dream!

Sent 22 March 2011 - 12:05 PM

Did you get any news, the story is going for months now.

Should we contact admins, should we stop talking about it, should we invade germany ?

Posted Image

Sent 22 March 2011 - 03:24 PM

Still haven't heard back from Whatever 123 yet, hopefully he will have some good news when he gets in touch!!

Sent 04 April 2011 - 02:48 PM

Ok well it's over.

i wanted to ask some money but i don't even have the desire

too bad let say, i'm out

Sent 09 April 2011 - 08:11 PM

Well, finally.. smile.gif I got this mail from domi, not sure what part is with the low beat movement, but i guess it's better to have this than nothing.

So how should we proceed 74/2 to me, then i pay domi ?

Cheers (finally!)

Hello Blobe, sorry in the package was not you mail address, so I not contact you, I have you watch ready

I have only the Brocken parts change, and the case back screw change, the movement is not good from the watch is a low beat , I have justage the time and wok again correct

This cost

35€ work

15€ parts

10€ new case back screw

Shipping 11€

And 4% PayPal fee you can pay to BLABLA

Total 73, 84

Now , pm with Migge (thans man btw) knowing Domenico

Migge

Sent 01 February 2011 - 05:52 PM

Hi,

what seems to be the problem with Domi?

I talk to him frequently, maybe I can help in some way.

All the best,

Mike

Sent 01 February 2011 - 10:07 PM

Well it's just i sent him a watch to repair, on behalf of nikki6 , on December 15.

I've sent email to his address but no answer at all, so i don't know if hte watch ever arrived, if he's working on it, or anything actually

Just a communication problem .. well it's a month and a half too :/

Sent 01 February 2011 - 10:15 PM

oh btw, thanks and i didn't even mention the watch, it's a chopard GT, black, coming from france then :)

Sent 02 February 2011 - 09:21 AM

Ok,

Ill send him an e-mail and ask whats going on. He is far from a "scammer" but

sometimes he takes a while to reply.

Im swedish but speak and write a little german and thats the easiest way for me to communicate with him.

What is your name and your e-mail? So I can refernce that to him.

All the best,

Mike

Sent 02 February 2011 - 09:32 PM

Well i believe mine is lost during transit.. and i hope he's just very slow

My name is Vincent and email vblabla@lol.fr

but i sent him an handwritten note actually, the one who spoke with him is nikki6 from this very forum

Thanks again

Sent 05 February 2011 - 12:20 PM

Vincent,

he is currently moving, that is why theres a delay in the communication,

he did not verify that he had the watch but he said all is getting taken care off, and

appologizes for any inconveniece.

Hope this helps,

All the best

Mike

Sent 05 February 2011 - 04:59 PM

Well that would be the lesser evil of them all, if it's just "in late", i just wanna know if he got it or not, for the rest, i can wait no problem :)

Sent 23 February 2011 - 10:49 AM

Hi, sorry to bother again, i've got no words from domi, nothing, can you please ask him again to find my watch, or declare it lost so i stop bothering you ?

Thanks!

Sent 25 February 2011 - 03:41 PM

Hi again, I am so sorry I did not notice I got a PM from you,

I will try to get a hold of him and get him to confirm if he has your watch.

Ill let you know as soon as I know anything.

In the meantime have a great weekend!

Mike

Sent 04 March 2011 - 09:44 AM

Have not gotten any answer from him, he seems to be very very busy.

Will let you know when I hear anything

Mike

Sent 12 March 2011 - 04:22 PM

Hopefully :)

I don't really need to read that... how about we replace "shitty" with "childish"? All I'm saying is your statement is that of a six year old on a playground. Let's not forget this whole thing stemed from you, not anyone else. Yes, messages and e-mails should be been returned but they weren't. To sit there and say you are going to do things the second way is just childish.

You probably could have ended with the same results if this post asked for help instead of ranting, raving, and blaming people. "Guys, here's my situation... Blah blah blah... Can anyone give me some advice or even contact Domi?" -- boom, done.

I appreciate that you are taking blame for this, it's the stand-up thing to do. And I really am happy it is working out for you and you're getting your watch back. I just feel there were a few things that could have been done to avoid/better the situation and implying that you're going to go into battle next time something doesn't go exactly your way rather than work it out like an adult is one of them. I know if I were able to do watch work, I wouldn't agree to do work for you if that's your mentality.

Anyway, be happy. Life's too short to get [censored], especially over the small stuff! :drinks:

If upgrade to platinum you can say f u c k all you want,just saying. ;)

:lol: I just realized you can say shitty but not p!ssed... Crazy!

I don't really need to read that... how about we replace "shitty" with "childish"? All I'm saying is your statement is that of a six year old on a playground. Let's not forget this whole thing stemed from you, not anyone else. Yes, messages and e-mails should be been returned but they weren't. To sit there and say you are going to do things the second way is just childish.

You probably could have ended with the same results if this post asked for help instead of ranting, raving, and blaming people. "Guys, here's my situation... Blah blah blah... Can anyone give me some advice or even contact Domi?" -- boom, done.

I appreciate that you are taking blame for this, it's the stand-up thing to do. And I really am happy it is working out for you and you're getting your watch back. I just feel there were a few things that could have been done to avoid/better the situation and implying that you're going to go into battle next time something doesn't go exactly your way rather than work it out like an adult is one of them. I know if I were able to do watch work, I wouldn't agree to do work for you if that's your mentality.

Anyway, be happy. Life's too short to get [censored], especially over the small stuff! :drinks:

:lol: I just realized you can say shitty but not p!ssed... Crazy!

[censored] [censored] :lol: