When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New to me: 3717 Chrono

OSRep

Hi guys,

Received this watch this morning, the IWC 3717 Chrono!! Ok, its no Concepta genestein, but it has all the mods, i.e. Taka AR, ETA datewheels, lume work, service........so when I opened the package I was taken aback by the luxurious look and feel.......Its a very simple, sophisticated looking watch with a dress / sport look to it......totallly awesome!

Getting alot of PM's about this watch (thanks).....here are some of the details everyones asking about:

• ETA day/date date wheels
  • Complete service from SpeedyG.
  • Lume service in the correct 3-6-9-12 positions from Flav.
  • The crystal with a double AR crystal from Two Geek
  • Strap is a custom croc pilot from Straplux

Let me know what you think.

1.jpg

3.jpg

11.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

8.jpg

5.jpg

Stunning watch! It really is one of the most versatile and strong built watches in history. No overstatement at all. Be it gen or rep, this is such a keeper. I regret selling mine, had a few but always ran into difficulties at the time so had to let them go. I am now thinking about one again :)

Congrats and wear this beauty in good health

The 3717 Pilot Chrono is one of my favorites too, great choice and cool photos! Very nice out of the box, though for me the hour and minute hands were noticeably off in colour. A re-lume of dial and hands is a must. When re-luming its a good idea if the lume can be painted directly on the dial after removing the plastic markers (which are the wrong shape on the latest 3717 V3 anyway).

Straps that look great on this watch for me are dark brown alligator and TopGun kevlar.

Here's a photo of my two, spot the gen!

iwc37172.jpg

Nice lookin' watch! You have a winner there.

You did a great job with the photos.

Welcome to the club.

Thanks my friend. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I never thought I would like the watch (never actually took notice of IWC's), but its just so "handsome".......

A great watch that i am sure you will enjoy

Im currently giving the new AP some wrist time, but the 3717 will be coming out soon :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Now that is a beautiful watch :wub:

If you havnt got one you should, truly stunning! ;)

Who needs to spend $$$ on a Genenstein when you can have one like that? Nice one!

As nice as this one is, it doesnt beat a Concepta genestein!! But, again, I cant afford one right now (even though the genesteins are TOTALLY affordable and worth every penny) - so this is the next best thing!

Wow, that's some wicked bokeh on the last pic...What kind of camera/lens set-up if you don't mind me asking?

Oh and I love the watch too!

Nope, dont mind ;) Nikon D90 with a Tamron 90mm macro!

Unfreaking REAL! Love it.

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

Stunning watch! It really is one of the most versatile and strong built watches in history. No overstatement at all. Be it gen or rep, this is such a keeper. I regret selling mine, had a few but always ran into difficulties at the time so had to let them go. I am now thinking about one again :)

Congrats and wear this beauty in good health

Appreciate the kind words my friend. IWC have got it right in terms of simple, yet effective designs! Clearly shown with the 3717.....

Never much into this watch until I saw your pictures... It's great! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I know, pics can be a dangerous thing on this forum ;) Now go get yourself one....... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The 3717 Pilot Chrono is one of my favorites too, great choice and cool photos! Very nice out of the box, though for me the hour and minute hands were noticeably off in colour. A re-lume of dial and hands is a must. When re-luming its a good idea if the lume can be painted directly on the dial after removing the plastic markers (which are the wrong shape on the latest 3717 V3 anyway).

Straps that look great on this watch for me are dark brown alligator and TopGun kevlar.

I never really noticed the hands being off-whitish.......I will need to take a closer look. This one has had a re-lume though. I need to look at a gen dial before I notice any differences.....but I know this ones not 100% perfect yet! Yup, dark brown and a Kevlar strap are on the list for me too....... :thumbsupsmileyanim: Congrats on your watches too.....

Nice gen on the right there permabull.. ;)

+1

I've got a genstein coming from Concepta and looking at those photos I really can't wait.

Its t-9 days, how slow will they go.

Spoofking

Lucky bugger. Cant go wrong with concepta, especially at the price he offers them @! Bargains.

Post pics when you receive it ;)

Hi guys,

Received this watch this morning, the IWC 3717 Chrono!! Ok, its no Concepta genestein, but it has all the mods, i.e. Taka AR, ETA datewheels, lume work, service........so when I opened the package I was taken aback by the luxurious look and feel.......Its a very simple, sophisticated looking watch with a dress / sport look to it......totallly awesome!

Let me know what you think.

One word Awesome.

Im wondering of buying of one from consepta. Where did you buy this watch? and the rest?

OSRep, A classy gesture to answer all respondents!

:thumbsupsmileyanim:

One word Awesome.

Im wondering of buying of one from consepta. Where did you buy this watch? and the rest?

You cant go wrong with a concepta 3717! If I only wanted one watch I would have bought c's 3717, but I have my eye on a few, so cant afford it :(

This one is from a member Ive dealt with before (sales forum), he had done all the mods from various places (see my first post)

Here's a photo of my two, spot the gen!

iwc37172.jpg

To be really honest here,If not for the blue tape on the crown,I would not know one from the other by looking at these pics.

• 3 weeks later...