When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Do we have a person with good contacts at Rolex AD?

Guest Sql_pl

Guest Sql_pl

I am thinking about a way to find a gen dial for my v72 6263. I do have relatively good contact with the rolex ad/service in my country but the owner told me that service dials for 6263 are no longer available. He did not want to listen when I told him I have seen some luminova ones floating around.

So if there is someone that could ask their rolex people if these are still obtainable and how much would they cost I'd really appreciate it.

What i'd love to get would be a silver 6263/6265 dial with black subdials, red daytona writing.

Thanks in advance!

I am thinking about a way to find a gen dial for my v72 6263. I do have relatively good contact with the rolex ad/service in my country but the owner told me that service dials for 6263 are no longer available. He did not want to listen when I told him I have seen some luminova ones floating around.

So if there is someone that could ask their rolex people if these are still obtainable and how much would they cost I'd really appreciate it.

What i'd love to get would be a silver 6263/6265 dial with black subdials, red daytona writing.

Thanks in advance!

Dials are Exchange only through Rolex and their service centers.

Unless a watchmaker has a drawer full from before that restriction, a collector is your only hope. Ebay, collectors and a whole lotta money + patience.....that is my advice.

Edited by Justasgood

Dials are Exchange only through Rolex and their service centers.

I think this pertains to US Rolex ADs only.

Unless a watchmaker has a drawer full from before that restriction, a collector is your only hope. Ebay, collectors and a whole lotta money + patience.....that is my advice.

Ditto. These dials have not been made or available from Rolex for many years.

Heres what you do...

Go buy a GEN 6263.

Swap in a crappy faded old looking aftermarket dial and aftermarket hands, then send it to Rolex to service.

They will want to replace the dial and hands with Rolex parts, or refuse to service the watch.

Get the fake dial and hands replaced replaced with a Rolex parts and have the watch serviced.

When you get the watch back, swap in the original dial and resell the watch.

Now you have a gen dial and a set of hands.

Might be a lot of work and it will tie up lots of money for a few months but it will work. I've done it before with a submariner bracelet. I sent in my 16610 for service and installed a fake bracelet before I sent it. They replaced the bracelet and it was less than 1/2 the price of a used one on VRF.

Heres what you do...

Go buy a GEN 6263.

Swap in a crappy faded old looking aftermarket dial and aftermarket hands, then send it to Rolex to service.

They will want to replace the dial and hands with Rolex parts, or refuse to service the watch.

Get the fake dial and hands replaced replaced with a Rolex parts and have the watch serviced.

When you get the watch back, swap in the original dial and resell the watch.

Now you have a gen dial and a set of hands.

Might be a lot of work and it will tie up lots of money for a few months but it will work. I've done it before with a submariner bracelet. I sent in my 16610 for service and installed a fake bracelet before I sent it. They replaced the bracelet and it was less than 1/2 the price of a used one on VRF.

Dizzy, that's f-ing brilliant, and I love it. How much did they charge you for the bracelet itself then? I'm not asking to be nosey, but you said it was cheaper than buying one on VRF. The last time I was in the AD I had the woman look up the cost of a 93250 and it was $975, I want to say. Hell, I'll buy a gen subbie and stock up on gen bracelets :-P

today I ve been to my AD, and for no reason, it seems that my good relationship is gone like a fart in the sahara...

I always purchased gen stuff from him - not too few, but not too much. just for my personal needs. I ordered a crown, x-stal, tube, movementholder, sealings and so on.. for my 1680 project. He gave me a call and said that all parts are delivered and already in his shop. Today I visited the shop to pay and get the parts, and suddenly he said: "Can I please see the watch the parts are for? We do not sell Rlx parts seperately" :bye2:

Hmmm, Sir....since when? I´ve got several crowns, tubes, a dial, some crystals from you, but suddenly: :blowup:

i think I have to build up some new connections, or organise it the other way...:irvine::ph34r: = :busted_cop:

...what the [censored]...