When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Rolex 16610 Submariner "Noobmariner"

By-Tor

szumi,

Thank you for the kind words :)

I think I got lucky with my case... The crown position on the profile does indeed explain why some Subs have a deeper rehaut than others. If you notice, on mine, I think the only reason why the crown is in the right position is because of how thick the bezel is, which allows for a deep rehaut while allowing the crown to sit higher on the profile.

Interesting stuff. I'd really like to know exactly where my Sub originated from...

:)

Indeed. I wouldn't be surprised if yours was an MBW case, Ubi.

MBW...

Mmmm deeep rehaut:

132967-18742.jpg

Thick bezel:

132967-18743.jpg

In place with gen (domed) insert:

132967-18744.jpg

Following this excellent reviewnad research, I am going to go after one of these "Noobmariners".

Can anyone confirm for me what the sales item number is:

TTK seems pretty clear on making sure the right info is in the email and I don't want to screw it up...

Thanks in advance for the help..

DW

It's his 074 (black dial and bezel) or 075 (black dial and green bezel [LV]). Use only the number in the subject line and be short, clear, and concise about any question you may have.

Respect his time and he will do the same......just my personal experience.

It's his 074 (black dial and bezel) or 075 (black dial and green bezel [LV]). Use only the number in the subject line and be short, clear, and concise about any question you may have.

Respect his time and he will do the same......just my personal experience.

Got it! Thanks for your help...

DW

• 3 weeks later...
What about the sticker (hologram)? Is close to the gen or way off?

To be honest with you... I didn't even look. I remove and trash all the hologram stickers right away when I get new Rolex reps.

Does that sticker really matter?

And 90% of gen owners do the same. The sticker is ugly and nobody likes it anyhow.

Yep...for some reason people obsess about the hologram on the sticker...I remember wearing my gen datejust *(no sticker) and handing it over to a friend...the FIRST thing he looked for...was the sticker in the back. He asked about it and got the same answer... -Do you wear your new suits with the label stitched to the sleeve and the all the price tags hanging from the seams?- :bleh:

Cheers :victory:

Talking of obsessing, why do people obsess over the 21J? Yes, it's a 'proper' movement. It's the very fact that the Noobmariner uses one that makes it such a great bargain! Heck, if it stops working you can get one from Ofrei for $18 and in the UK from Cousins for a fiver! :bangin:

The Noobmariner is/was only available from TTK, other offerings from other vendors are just mere facsimile's! :p:p:animal_rooster: Only kidding!

The new ETA based versions from Andrew and Josh etc look very good but they are not the Noobmariner ;)

• 4 months later...

This was a very good forum post. I bought a "beginmariner" from Joshua, and I wear it as a daily beater. It looks good on the wrist, its not flashy, and it doesn't draw a lot of attention (except to the discerning eye) which is how I like it.

You guys certainly know your stuff.

• 1 month later...

Can someone PM me a link to this exact model? or does it no longer exist. I can only find a similar one from Andrew and the aforementioned beginmariner from Joshua, however it is green and I think I like the black better.

Or is there a new alternative in the same price range now?

Thanks!

edit - I see the black noobmariner now.

Also, a slightly off-topic question that applies to this watch: are the photos / descriptions always accurate? It seems on Andrew's site this watch has many different versions and prices and they all use the same desc and photos.

Also, a slightly off-topic question that applies to this watch: are the photos / descriptions always accurate? It seems on Andrew's site this watch has many different versions and prices and they all use the same desc and photos.

TTK's descriptions are 100% accurate. Andrew's are not so much.

TTK's descriptions are 100% accurate. Andrew's are not so much.

If you take a look at the submariner then, I don't see much of a difference between all his models - they all describe the same thing and really look like the same photos, but range in price from $108 to $4xx

If you take a look at the submariner then, I don't see much of a difference between all his models - they all describe the same thing and really look like the same photos, but range in price from $108 to $4xx

Have a closer look:

350$

246106-8531.jpg

458$

246106-8532.jpg

149$

246106-8533.jpg

40$

246106-8534.jpg

The best one available right now is this one (same as my 350$):

http://www.rwg.cc/members/MBW-16610-Modern...ner-t25360.html

You can trust Pug :whistling:

Cheers

Stephane

• 3 months later...

Hello B-Tor!!

I hope it works, i am a newbie but i saw that you are on of the best here!

I like your review about the ttk rolex and i was woundering were i can buy the watch (looks really good and would be cool on my fist too... ) :-)

well, would be great if you could help a newbie with some informations and where i get it.

PS: I cant wait for your next review!

---------- this i my first post so i am not sure were i can see if you write me back or not. I am eighter

not sure if i can put email adress of mine here or not, but i will do soo in the hope thats ok with the

forum rules: my adress is: ragazzo24m@libero.it - would be cool if you could write me or so.

Thank you sooo much!

• 4 months later...