When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 concepta Genenstein .....

Pentax1

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=5625025&rid=0

Since you mentioned the price.... :)

I do not know, when you can get a gen for that and probably talk him down a little more. You are talking about difference of 600-700 dollars or so.

Where are your guys breaking points when it comes to price vs gen price? Just curious.

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=tree&goto=5625025&rid=0

Since you mentioned the price.... :)

I do not know, when you can get a gen for that and probably talk him down a little more. You are talking about difference of 600-700 dollars or so.

Where are your guys breaking points when it comes to price vs gen price? Just curious.

...still a used watch against a spanking brand new..and without a sales receipt!

Try to find a brand new for that price!

These are not red flagged or grey marked in any way! *edit..don´t bring it to a AD without being honest about the watch having been assembled with spare parts*

• Like 1

The original poster did not indicate this is a gen watch with serial numbers.

I assumed it was an assembled watch.

Its just a straight IWC assembled watch from IWC?

...still a used watch against a spanking brand new..and without a sales receipt!

Try to find a brand new for that price!

These are not red flagged or grey marked in any way! Just walk in to a AD and have them issue a certificate of authenticity.

I have been around the rep game for a while and have some gens also. I have many friends who have gens and are skeptical or negative towards reps.

I always tell them most people who are interested in high end reps are in it for the love of watches and because they like to tinker with them. Not for any dishonest reasons such as misrepresenting themselves or the watches they build or buy.

A genuine watch is a culmination of research and development, high quality parts and assembly by what each companies considers expert craftsman.

If I am reading correctly Concepta is suggesting or saying you can take the watch his watch maker(no disrespect to that person) assembled from gen parts he has collected and have them issue a certificate of authenticity.

That is dishonest and disgusting and undermines everything honest people do here. The watch is not deserving of a certificate of authenticity unless it has been assembled by IWC by their craftsman. Not only would IWC agree but they would take legal action otherwise.

So to the original poster, enjoy a fantastic watch but please do not approach an AD about getting a certificate of authenticity.

Shame on you Concepta, if you are going to use the IWC forum for a sales corner at least respect the few things that keep reps for us a somewhat honest pursuit when not exploited.

I hope i am not offending anyone as i am new here and older on some other forum But i think that posting the price should not be an issue and neither a secret unless there are different prices for different members then it is an issue ...

+1 and there should not be a price difference at all

Really? That's your argument?

So if you bought a watch on timezone that you later found out had a certificate of authenticity that was obtained by lying to an AD and was assembled with gen parts by a local watchmaker(no matter how skilled) who's primary business is reps you would be ok with that?

A serviced(IWC or locally) genuine IWC watch with have a serial number that is traceable at IWC back to a production date along with who made it. An assembled watch serial will lead back to a caseback that went missing from the factory or from a previously worked on watch.

I know that most of you will stand up for Concepta and certainly not publicly agree with me, you guys still want those nice gen parts after all. I understand that.

What he wrote about above is not right and it is not honest and that's my opinion and I do not care how many gen parts I lose access to saying it.

So does that mean if I buy a gen iwc from an AD and get it serviced by a local watchsmith it does not deserve to have an issue of authenticity?

That wasn't an counterargument ...

You proceed to imply anybody who decides to get an issue of authenticy that they will do the immoral thing and sell it.... why make such an assumption?

There's a lot of grey area and I understand your concern. I've read the same controversy over the watchco sm300s.

Anyways, this reminds be of somebody who thought our dealers should stop selling rep boxes and papers.

The mere fact that I CAN get an issue of authenticity is more peace of mind that concepta did what he said... make an ALL gen iwc.

Edited by phillycheez

1. Thanks Chad for the kind words....AGAIN!

2. I NEVER EVER encourage ANYONE to try to emphasize any of my projects as official IWC made/built watches!

Let this be told..once and for all..never ever ever try to fool someone by telling them it´s a "standard" watch with lost papers etc.

These projects are assembled by a certified watch technician..not by a standard watch wiz..like Domi, The Zigmeister or any other of our amazing modders! This technician works with these watches everyday and i honestly believe that there is NO, ZERO, NONE difference between this assembling and that in the "official" way! You are indicating that these parts somehow has got "lost" from the factory and/or is used service parts. This is not true!

There is a BIG difference between having official papers, receipts with warranties etc that you get from a normal transaction with a AD, and that of one of these projects! This is also why there is a major price difference (compared to buying a brand new gen). All parts in these projects are brand new, that´s why i am comparing it to a price for a new!

Anyway...to be certain this is not used by anyone with the intent to try to fool someone else..i will edit my post about going to AD.

I am sorry for the confusion.

1. Thanks Chad for the kind words....AGAIN!

2. I NEVER EVER encourage ANYONE to try to emphasize any of my projects as official IWC made/built watches!

Let this be told..once and for all..never ever ever try to fool someone by telling them it´s a "standard" watch with lost papers etc.

These projects are assembled by a certified watch technician..not by a standard watch wiz..like Domi, The Zigmeister or any other of our amazing modders! This technician works with these watches everyday and i honestly believe that there is NO, ZERO, NONE difference between this assembling and that in the "official" way! You are indicating that these parts somehow has got "lost" from the factory and/or is used service parts. This is not true!

There is a BIG difference between having official papers, receipts with warranties etc that you get from a normal transaction with a AD, and that of one of these projects! This is also why there is a major price difference (compared to buying a brand new gen). All parts in these projects are brand new, that´s why i am comparing it to a price for a new!

Anyway...to be certain this is not used by anyone with the intent to try to fool someone else..i will edit my post about going to AD.

I am sorry for the confusion.

Only when you edit your original post will you have "NEVER EVER encourage ANYONE to try to emphasize any of my projects as official IWC made/built watches!"

You are right about one thing. I am sure they will be exceptional pieces assembled by qualified craftsman but I still stand by what I wrote as do a few others that emailed me today that prefer to remain anonymous.

Do i recommend anyone hesitate purchasing from you?

Of course not but what you wrote was not right especially when many of your customers are new to the hobby.

P.S.

I saw this on repgeek this morning. You are telling people there they can and should take these watches to service centers and or appraisers to have them certified as gen. I wonder how many of these piece will end up in the hands of someone who does not know what they are getting in the future.

Your claim of

"2. I NEVER EVER encourage ANYONE to try to emphasize any of my projects as official IWC made/built watches!"

is an outright lie.

I am disgusted.

Originally Posted by concepta

Service centers or appraisers.

These are not "redmarked" parts...it´s all legit!

Buyer:

I am in the process of making my 3717 a gen by getting parts from Concepta, once the watch has 100% gen parts are you saying its ok to go to an AD for valuation. I only ask as I will need a valuation for insurance purposes as all my genuines are insured. Its always better to check before hand and it will take a while before I get the gen case and movement.