When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

takumee

who can i approach for a average built 1665 that can have the following:

a normal great white is fine. need not DRSD.

1. centered correct date wheel

2. case can fit gen T39 crystal

3. slow movement

4. better dial

im too lazy to source individually. just hoping to find one channel where i can purchase as a package.

thanks

Can I get the following under one roof?

Yuki case,dial and hands

Yuki eta slow beat movement (where to get the right silver datewheel can fit into an eta?)

Yuki bezel and insert

Modder - pbdad or?

Best is who can look for who will source all for me and mod.

I acquired all of the parts I wanted for my build, and as woof said, sent the whole mess off, and now I'll wait. I'm waiting in 4 different watches being modded/repaired right now. That leaves me with 2 gens in the box to wear. So boring...

Can I get the following under one roof?

Yuki case,dial and hands

Yuki eta slow beat movement (where to get the right silver datewheel can fit into an eta?)

Yuki bezel and insert

Modder - pbdad or?

Best is who can look for who will source all for me and mod.

skip the yuki hands, if the dial cant be had for a decent price there are better options like the ingod dial, or even the very decent mbk dial costing only in the double digits

4614492360_f15f8f3c47_z.jpg

yuki has a slow beat eta?

If we could only get MBW parts....

Hopefully they start up production again soon!

I just finished putting together a modified PT1680 case with NDtrading dial and gen bracelet etc... these new cheap 1680 and 1665 cases just arnt the same quality. The MBW cases are so nice to work with and modify. I was going to install a gen 1680 dial into this case but I'm going to save it for a MBW case when i find one.

dizz

If we could only get MBW parts....

Hopefully they start up production again soon!

I just finished putting together a modified PT1680 case with NDtrading dial and gen bracelet etc... these new cheap 1680 and 1665 cases just arnt the same quality. The MBW cases are so nice to work with and modify. I was going to install a gen 1680 dial into this case but I'm going to save it for a MBW case when i find one.

dizz

dizz,

You might want to check with some of the guys that have done MBW 1680 builds. It seems like I read a while back that the 1680 case (MBW) is too big for a genuine dial. The rep dial is bigger. That was one of the reasons I was advised not to spend a lot of money on a MBW 1680. I was planning a genuine movement and a genuine or really good aftermarket dial, but I was told the dial that fits a genuine case/movement wouldn't work.

pam153,

It's the other way around, at least with newer mbw 1680 cases. They're the same case as the no-date 5512/5513 so the rehaut is smaller and the gen white dial will be too big for it. China 1680 case will take a gen dial without any rehaut mods, however I'm not sure its gen dial worthy. So you see it's a catch-22, if you're building a budget white 1680 based on China 1680 case - an mbw white dial will slide freely thru the rehaut and if you're going all out on a mbw build you'll have to keep the stock white dial or mill the case.

dizz,

You might want to check with some of the guys that have done MBW 1680 builds. It seems like I read a while back that the 1680 case (MBW) is too big for a genuine dial. The rep dial is bigger. That was one of the reasons I was advised not to spend a lot of money on a MBW 1680. I was planning a genuine movement and a genuine or really good aftermarket dial, but I was told the dial that fits a genuine case/movement wouldn't work.

I've done a number of MBW 5513, 1680 and 1665 builds, using gen, aftermarket and MBW dials as well as Rolex cal. 1570 movements.

I currently own an old MBW5513 case with a gen 1680 white tritium dial installed. You need to sand about 0.5mm off the diameter of the dial to get it to fit in the MBW case, but it fits no problem with a little bit of work. A gen unsanded 1680 dial just barely fits into the Puretime case but its got just barely enough to catch and stay in place. The sanded gen 1680 dial will not work in the PT case because it falls through the rehaut and you cannot mount it without making some special spacer bracket. The MBW cases are much better than the cheapo new vintage cases. Its like comparing a Honda civic to a Mercedes E55. Sure they are both passenger cars and will get you from A to B, but they are just not the same in terms of quality and fit and finish.

I guess you would have to had worked on both and done extensive mods to really understand. They both "look" the same when on the wrist, so I guess it just depends on the quality you are looking for.

pam153,

So you see it's a catch-22, if you're building a budget white 1680 based on China 1680 case - an mbw white dial will slide freely thru the rehaut and if you're going all out on a mbw build you'll have to keep the stock white dial or mill the case.

Last week I installed an MBW 1680 red submariner dial into a Puretime 1680 case and it fit just fine. Its close but it will mount up. Its definitely doesn't slide freely through the rehaut so Im not sure what case you were using... If the newest cases from the Cartel allow the dial to go through the rehaut then they are even more incorrect than I thought... more than just having the stubby liuttle crown guards.

diz, all my experiments are circa late last summer, both the mbw white dial and the pc/pt1680. i did have four pt/pc1680s pass through my hands and not one of them was exactly like the next. i'm guessing that my case i ended up trying with mbw and later tried a gen dial in mustve had a larger rehaut.

I just placed an order from Reg for a 1665.

You mean to say the current mbk is no 1:1?

I am really keen to do the following mods when my 1665 arrives:

Gen tube and crown - source from eBay or?Price range?as long as 7mm crown is okay?

CG shaved - whom can I look for? Price range?

Gen crystal - I know the source

Slower eta 2846 with silver date wheel overlay and open 6/9 - this is tricky, whom can I get from? Or can I just get a 1570? Can e case really fit e movement and date lines up correct in the date window?

Hands - the original mbk dial is clean and neat and I don't quite like too patina - but is the original mbk hands alright?

Last - I would like to mod the HE valve.who can I look for?

I am starting my Franken 1665.

I would like to look for one member whom can mod all e above for me. Anyone in mind?

From what I hear, the Clark is pretty far off in terms of clarity And the dome. If I was doing a budget build I'd go for a cheaper gen t39 service replacement.

Check out vintagerolexforum for parts etc.

Or you can wait till a Franken comes up for sale - it will probably cost less if the work is already done. I have a 1665 incoming with the pt case, The Zigmeister dial and hands, gen crown, tube, springbars, and crystal (superdome, not service replacement), and the correct 93150 bracelet with 580 endlinks, and a slowbeat eta movement with silver datewheel.

movement is from the MBK, which is the highbeat 2836-2. Runs great, nice and quiet, and keeps good time.

the slow beat 2846's from the PT offerings are not so great, my was junk and needed servicing. I have heard others with similar sentiments.

I did the crown guards myself with some sand paper and a metal nail file.

:)

movement is from the MBK, which is the highbeat 2836-2. Runs great, nice and quiet, and keeps good time.

the slow beat 2846's from the PT offerings are not so great, my was junk and needed servicing. I have heard others with similar sentiments.

I did the crown guards myself with some sand paper and a metal nail file.

:)

wow..your a DIY man.

i read about we can actually convert the higbeat 2836 to lowbeat 2846 with some modifications.

anyone can confirm this?

i have ordered a gen t39.

guess i will just change the t39 and diy myself drill the 2mm springbars first.

the most obvious flaw would be the highbeat 2836 and the silver datewheel.

who can help me with this?