When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

New bezel for noobmariner

teoulennon

If your talking about the 16610 Noobmariner then the bezel is almost impossible to remove. I'm not even sure if its got a gen like retention system. Its fairly accurate once you replace the insert with a better one. If you are talking about the bezel insert, then there are a wide range of ones available. You can find gen inserts for around $100 or so, and you can find good aftermarket ones for $30+ usually.

There are several stores on eBay that sell these. You can just look and match it to a gen and see which one you like. I will tell you that the Noobmariner has a slightly smaller insert than the standard. It has to be shaved down just a little to fit. There are totorials on the forum as to how to do that.

Edited by preacher62

"If your talking about the 16610 Noobmariner then the bezel is almost impossible to remove."

That's the truth!

On the F520117 noob...the rotating bezel is solid on the front side under the insert (not cut out like genuine) and there is not enough clearance between the rotating bezel and case neck to allow the bezel to slide to one side and pop off.

The bezel will come off but it usually bends the bezel. I doubt they were intended to ever be removed.

The F520117 insert seat in the bezel is 37.55mm on the outside and a genuine 16610 bezel insert is 37.65 od and 30.70 id. The F520117 insert is 37.45 od, 30.6mm id and .95mm thick. You might sand a genuine spec insert down a little and get it in with no trouble. Since the F520117 rotating bezel is solid and not cut out like genuine, a genuine spec insert might be too thick and need to be sanded down to make it fit.

Something else...there are a lot of 'noobs' and the F520117 is only one example. I have similar cases with D/F320840, F125967, F437091, P579998 (with lug holes), M550297, F432118. Some have a deeper 'rehaut' than the F520117 and some have an 'I' or 'L' type crystal gasket and 'flat side' crystal where the F520117 has a stepped crystal and gasket similar to genuine but not oem spec.

I doubt 'noobs' as a group have a whole lot in common but I have found all seven of my F520117 cases to be exactly the same.