When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Vintage 1675 Project

TJGladeRaider

Here's pics of the 1675 Project - I think it looks pretty good.

I've not made up my mind what to do with it, but I wanted to see one done without the incorrect "date" on the dial. If I decide to keep it, I'll have to have it lumed - VAC did a fabulous job on my PAM 028.

In addition to the better dial, it has a gen crown, lugs drilled, and the Swiss ETA 2836 has been tested.

Bill

post-223-0-44701600-1305920194.jpg

post-223-0-27808700-1305920201.jpg

post-223-0-42614000-1305920209.jpg

post-223-0-52717200-1305920218.jpg

We used the basic 1675 cartel case - it's a very thin, almost "dainty" looking case. The SD's and Subs I have are MUCH thicker - it's hard to imagine that it should be thinner than this, but I don't know. I can mic it if someone has the correct spec.

Bill

check this one up http://www.rwgforum....__1#entry974211 post #6 I used a1655 case as a base.

Cheers

Yepp, thouse cg's look wrong.

What are you comparing them to? I have been looking at the gen 1675's on the net and the cartel 1675 case we used here looks pretty close to me.

This is pretty interesting: http://doubleredseadweller.com/gmt.htm

This particular watch came with no cg's, pointy cg's and blocky looking cg's - all gen versions. Considering how old the watch would be, and how many times one would expect it to have been polished, I don't think anyone could say for sure what you could expect a gen to look like.

Having looked at a world of gen pictures, I think the case itself is excellent - the pics must not have been as good as I thought they were because nobody could possibly mistake it for a vintage sub or vintage sd case (He valve?) if they were actually looking at the watch. The ones below are gens.

Bill

post-223-0-64451700-1306003754.jpg

post-223-0-55115200-1306003767.jpg

TJ,

You bezel is all wrong is from a submariner and the shape of the crowns looks off to me at least me. Below is my 1655 to 1675 conversion this one I put together myself it has a ETA 2893-2 GMT movement, gen dial and crown.

WP_000083.jpg

So I have to ask you where you got the dial from? It is my understanding that a gen dial (or even a Yuki, or JAW dial) won't fit as it is too small. I have one from Reg that RolexAddict worked over for me...he worked the bezel (now it sports an aftermarket insert of the right size), relumed the dial/hands so that it has a nice vintage glow, and installed a clark crystal. I love it on a jubilee bracelet so much that I am on the search for a gen!! Here is a photo:

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

So I have to ask you where you got the dial from? It is my understanding that a gen dial (or even a Yuki, or JAW dial) won't fit as it is too small.

A gen-spec dial will fit perfectly in the 1:1 1655 Josh case, here is mine with an NDT dial and small GMT hand modified to fit a 2836...

P1014328.jpg

A gen-spec dial will fit perfectly in the 1:1 1655 Josh case, here is mine with an NDT dial and small GMT hand modified to fit a 2836...

P1014328.jpg

I guess the case I have from josh is not 1:1 then becuase the Gen dial is a tiny bit smaller that the case and I have to align it very carefully. where did youi get your GMT hand?

So I have to ask you where you got the dial from? It is my understanding that a gen dial (or even a Yuki, or JAW dial) won't fit as it is too small. I have one from Reg that RolexAddict worked over for me...he worked the bezel (now it sports an aftermarket insert of the right size), relumed the dial/hands so that it has a nice vintage glow, and installed a clark crystal. I love it on a jubilee bracelet so much that I am on the search for a gen!! Here is a photo:

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3164.jpg

Now that is PRETTY.

Justin used a dial I got from Maria at MBK years ago.

What crystal is that? I really like that look.

Bill