When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Who Is Happy With Rbj?

eNative

I am not by any means a watch aficionado, nor aspire to be. I just love the access to knowledge of members and experiences. Since moving from the old site, i have not posted a thing. My bad i guess since i have learned probrably more than sitting in front of a watch sales person. That being said....my inquiry...

I have used Joe in the past, prior to his absence, and have been happy with all work done.

I also have two watches out for some work. An LV, and a Pam111 that had some difficulty with the Mandaly Bay pool in Las Vegas. Joe has had my watches for 3 to 4 weeks. We have communicated almost every week on life, NC State football, and other items including watch updates. He has been nothing but honest with expectations with me. I knew it would take long. I accepted his eta's up front and shipped the watches.

It is not my place to defend Joe, but only share my experiences which has been excellent. My question to the board.........

In the last 60 days, who feels screwed by Joe? I have not.

Respectfully,

~V

i have no problems with joe at all. i talk with him on a regular basis. he is building a tw best tt blue sub for me as we speak. i think his work is excellent and i know when it is finished it will be as close to gen as it can get. there is no way in hell i am sending this watch through customs again just to get this work preformed. i have lost 1,500.00 in customs seizers and it is not leaving this country unless it is on my wrist. after this project is finished i have 2 more ss subs that are headed his way.

am i happy? hell yea. lol

Well - I am not an uber poster and if you add up all of my posts on RWG, RWI, TRC and WT it probably comes up to less than 100. What I can tell you is - I read, and read a lot I have over the last few years. I am not sure what all the commotion over Joe has been about as I saw it as real simple - somebody got some work done on a watch and they should have gone back to the person who did the work and ironed it out with them first. They didn't and the whole thing ended right there for me (they lost the right to b!tch) From what I have come to understand over the last few years it is that most people (and especially the people who have been belly aching the loudest) seem to be a proponent for working out issues with people (dealers/modders) privately.

This brings me to my point. Joe has worked on at least four of my watches and several of my friends watches. If you do a search under my screen name you will probably find a few of the watches Joe did for me that I posted about. This is what I know about Joe: He trully enjoys what he does and seems to get great pleasure from helping other people. I had a watch with Joe when he wasn't feeling well and truthfully, I became concerned I might not see my watch again, but because Joe had been so honest with me in the past and had always made sure I was happy with the work he had done, I waited it out and didn't jump on the boards trying to lay him out.

Time went by and yeah, I wish I would have recieved my watch a little faster, but boy was I happy when I got it. Joe's mod work is and has always been top notch. As far as what it costs me for to get what I consider the best rep modder to do work for me - It is exactly what I am willing to pay. (key word- WILLING). If I didn't think it was the best I wouldn't go back to Joe and from my experience, it has always been good. This is not to say I haven't had some problems with Joe's work, but when I did, I went back to Joe and he ALWAYS made sure it was right.

I have spent alot of time talking to Joe over the phone and through emails. The line of work I am in constantly requires me to be a judge of character and often my life depends on that judgement. Over the last 22 years I think I have gotten pretty good at it. One thing I can tell you for sure about Joe is he is sincere and honest. Things may not always go perfect when you deal with someone, but if the person you are dealing with has sincerity and honesty as some of thier strongest traits, you can always work it out.

Joe's work speaks for itself and if you were to ask him, I am sure he would tell you as good as he is, he is only human and every once in a while mistakes are made. What counts for me is that Joe will always work to see you happy and for that he has become more than just someone who does work on my watches - he is a friend as well.

THANK YOU JOE FOR ALL YOUR GOOD WORK.

(now let's get that LV going - I can't wait....)

You know Jake that was a pretty good wrap, in fact it would have been an excellent wrap if you hadn't made the mistake of aiming a little kick at Panerai153, if you read as much as you say you would realise that there not a lot you or any of us can teach Arthur(P153).

Ken

You know Jake that was a pretty good wrap, in fact it would have been an excellent wrap if you hadn't made the mistake of aiming a little kick at Panerai153, if you read as much as you say you would realise that there not a lot you or any of us can teach Arthur(P153).

Ken

Thanks Kenberg. I am known for my tell it like I see it way, but is is never personal and I never try to aim a "kick" at anyone. I realize when you tell it like you see it you are not always right and I hope I don't come across as going after anyone specific. It's just my opinion.

Overall, I have really enjoyed these boards - It's just that some time when I come on I feel like I am listening to a bunch of hens cackling!!! :D

Thanks Kenberg. I am known for my tell it like I see it way, but is is never personal and I never try to aim a "kick" at anyone. I realize when you tell it like you see it you are not always right and I hope I don't come across as going after anyone specific. It's just my opinion.

Overall, I have really enjoyed these boards - It's just that some time when I come on I feel like I am listening to a bunch of hens cackling!!! :D

Aside from the fact following facts which are not in dispute, I am VERY happy with RBJ.

1)He implemented a system of holding watches for months without working on them and then charging $25 for $4's worth of return shipping. His excuse was that he was sick, yet a record of his ebay transactions shows steady the buying, working on, and selling of other products.

2)He botched at least one watch and then had the gall to charge his customer(s) $600.

3)He has always used either shills or alteregos to promote himself. I do not think the OP is RBJ himself seing as his post is more or less coherent, but rather yet another of the first time posters who regularly use their first posts on RWG to say how great Joe is.

post-1180-1160838235_thumb.jpgI sent Joe my 1665 MBW about a month ago, I recv'd it back this week & I couldn't be

happier. I have a great looking watch that performs well & is basically a brand new

reproduction of a vintage 1665. What more could you ask for. Joe was very nice to me over the

phone & explained what he was doing & if there was to be a delay ect.

Joe has been about ....

This brings me to my point...

Joe has worked .......

This is what I know about Joe: ......

Joe when he wasn't feeling well

Joe's mod work .....

back to Joe and from my experience, ...

Joe's work,

I have spent alot of time talking to Joe ..

Joe is he is .....

Joe's

he is a friend as well.

THANK YOU JOE FOR ALL YOUR GOOD WORK.

(now let's get that LV going - I can't wait....)

................ :g: ........ :D

In the past RBJ has always done right by me. He was up front on how much he charged, communicated well on the cost and time frame of the projects. I have had him do many (lost count) MBW subs. Some had the full meal deal and others were smaller projects. The work was always what I expected for the money paid. In other words good! He also helped me me out when another mod guy by the name of Base ruined a MBW red sub. Was able to use most of the parts of the watch to put on another project. I have found him to be honest and like others have said a good guy.

As of late I have not been able to break the code to get in touch with RBJ. My last email about doing a project went unanswered. I have tried to call a couple of times but get a machine so I will not try again. I would use Joe again but if he is to busy or sick to talk then I will send my business else where.

My next two projects will go to Europe. The work from what I can tell is first rate and the prices are better. Have had him do one project and so far the customs issue has not been a problem.

As a after thought I think that the mod thing is going to slow down as the products from the dealers gets better and better. The Rolex sports watches are getting so good that very little if anything has to be done at all. Cases, dials, fonts, CG's ect are getting so good that there is no need to send them off. Just look at TTK's $100.00 black sub. What a great watch and to think we (myself) paid hundreds to get a watch that was just a little bit better or the same just under a year ago. There will always be the little things that drive us nuts and the mod guys will have us forever but the damn things (watches) are getting closer to the real deal with each day passing.

We can now get a watch serviced, mods done, from a dealer and it is a one stop deal. Sounds good to me. Just think what will be around in a year. John.

Edited by nonskeder

Aside from the fact following facts which are not in dispute, I am VERY happy with RBJ.

1)He implemented a system of holding watches for months without working on them and then charging $25 for $4's worth of return shipping. His excuse was that he was sick, yet a record of his ebay transactions shows steady the buying, working on, and selling of other products.

2)He botched at least one watch and then had the gall to charge his customer(s) $600.

3)He has always used either shills or alteregos to promote himself. I do not think the OP is RBJ himself seing as his post is more or less coherent, but rather yet another of the first time posters who regularly use their first posts on RWG to say how great Joe is.

if this is not hijacking a thread i dont know what is, i wasnt going to get on this thread and let the people answer tenatives reply and his thread

archibald, there r no facts on your accusation on a botched watch for 600usd , it was explained , the guy that owned the watch posted how nice and much he loved it 3 months ago , if that isnt proof enough then im sry but its none of your business so keep out, as for shipping charges u r referring to how childish r u ? if i charged someone 25 for a 4 dollar shipping then im not aware of it (standard shipping/handling is 10 bucks and usually cost 7 bucks with 100 dollar insurance attached ) and my ebay sales is none of your business either

thank u guys for your support and im glad u r happy , same as anybody all u have to do if u have a problem is just call me and or email me so i can help correct the problem , if i dont know then how can i fix it is my point, on a full mod job u should know immediately if something is wrong , so please contact me if there is and even it goes down the road i will help u , keep that in mind , im not a fortune teller and i am human i can make mistakes , cant u? i usually dont make many but i can , lol

mods please delete archibald , it has no merit and is not pertaining to this thread, it is making accusations and starting trouble and taking away from this thread all together, thanks u

joe

Welcome eNative,

you may find interesting this thread.

LINK

manuel same thing , he didnt ask that , so why hijack the thread and get on the bandwagon bro

reember tenative is no newbie he joined when this forum started , im sure he has seen that crap thread , dont u ? hell it has had more view hits than most on this board in only a few days running , lmao and im sure the reason he started this thread is because he knows the truth , so let it be for what it is , i never did u any harm so please it is not your affair

mods please delete, its not sticking with the thread topic

it sucks when i get moderated on and now i have to moderate for myself, lol

thanks joe

manuel same thing , he didnt ask that , so why hijack the thread and get on the bandwagon bro

I am sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread.

The title is very explicit, and I want to reply as well as others:

Joe is a nice guy, he has been through difficult moments due his illness.

We all are happy of having him back.

I hope Joe would help me with other pending issues. I know he is truly a gentleman and a very reasonable guy.

I can comment on his labour skills, I wish I would, but I wouldnt.

Joe, I will email you. Regards

Please keep in mind, that this thread is called - "Who is happy with Joe" and not who is [censored] off at Joe, or let's gang up on Joe (that has already been covered)......

There are many members, including myself, who are very thrilled and satisfied with Joe's work. I had two watches modded by Joe, which came back AWESOME. Joe has always taken time to answer my questions via e-mail and via phone. He's been upfront with me from the very first time we talked on the phone.

As soon as I get my Omega SMP back, I will post some pics. Addtionally, I will also give Joe his due and much deserved credit for completing my mod project.

I am sorry, I dont want to hijack the thread.

The title is very explicit, and I want to reply as well as others:

Joe is a nice guy, he has been through difficult moments due his illness.

We all are happy of having him back.

I hope Joe would help me with other pending issues. I know he is truly a gentleman and a very reasonable guy.

I can comment on his labour skills, I wish I would, but I wouldnt.

Joe, I will email you. Regards

no problem and that thread u graciously tried to show , has over 1200 views now i think by now most have read it , and again what is your point, three have posted that r long overdue but there is a reason why which i call (SPECIAL PROJECT, NEW THINGS OR LOST WATCH, which im replacing even before the post office refunds me, so he doesnt have to wait anymore i might add)

so again i havent wrong these people , i asked randy three days ago i believe did he still want me to continue the work on his watch cause i was confused with his thread, he replied how much longer do i think it would be and i told him and he said he would let me know that same night , well here we r a few day later and he still hasnt answered me , point being that same day he could've gotten his watch back and his money minus shipping, but another three or could be two days have gone by and still no answer, but next week i will get accused of a long delay , lmao come on guys lets get real here , it seems im supposed to be punctual but u r not , is this the case?

i apologize for my poor choice of topic for my first post.

i suppose i should have asked "Who has the best sub?" or "What is a crown guard?"

just wanted to share a positive experience.

that being said....hope everybodies having great weekend!

I have reason to suspect that Joe is loved by the Kleenex Tissue company, Band-Aid Brand bandages, and numerous suppliers of grinding paste, buffing compound, dremel bits. It has been clear that he has never been loved by Mavis Beacon or any spell check program.

Yup, that's about it. If I have missed anyone, don't take it personally.

I have reason to suspect that Joe is loved by the Kleenex Tissue company, Band-Aid Brand bandages, and numerous suppliers of grinding paste, buffing compound, dremel bits. It has been clear that he has never been loved by Mavis Beacon or any spell check program.

Yup, that's about it. If I have missed anyone, don't take it personally.

now that was funny :3a: u r the champ of witiness i will give u that but u also win the rooster face as well , lmao :animal_rooster::bangin:

later tator

joe