When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

6152-2 Marina Militare

olreon

hello,

this is my 6152 project watch. i have built it from a fiddy case (0117/1950). as you can see it has a plexi crystal which was handcrafted by me. this was a lot of work and i did have to make a couple till i made the perfect one. what do you think? :yawn: or :thumbsupsmileyanim:

132473-18857.jpg

132473-18858.jpg

132473-18859.jpg

132473-18860.jpg

132473-18861.jpg

132473-18862.jpg

132473-18863.jpg

132473-18864.jpg

132473-18865.jpg

132473-18866.jpg

132473-18867.jpg

132473-18868.jpg

132473-18869.jpg

132473-18870.jpg

132473-18871.jpg

and here 2 gen pics for comparsion (i know these are 6152 radiomirs, but i don´t have better pics of a marina militare with crown guard)

132473-18872.jpg

132473-18873.jpg

Beautifull Watch!

How did You Proces The Plexi?

To Give it A real Vintage Finnish it needs some Ageing Effects; :bicycle:

Davidsen Dials Are Custom made And not like the standard MM20 Asian Reps wich Cutout numerals are to Fat.

The Orange Lume Looks Good, Did You Aply this Yourself?

Edited by Tropic

First let me say you did great on your piece.

As a long time collector and a connoiseur of vintage Panny and the history I had many chances to hold the original 6152 (and others from the early 1940ies) in my hands.

Let me say........the most of them differ in dial, hands and plexi! But what I never saw a round shaped/domed crystal/plexi like the FIDDY has it in saphir, all plexis I could inspect were domed and poke out of the bezel by 2-3mm.

Have a look at this piece, is it real or fake????? :D

Best wishes, Theo

133780-18609.jpg

133780-18610.jpg

P.S.: This is really easy for the experts, really easy, its kindergarten!

:g::group::huh::brow:

Edited by PAM1A

As a long time collector and a connoiseur of vintage Panny and the history I had many chances to hold the original 6152 (and others from the early 1940ies) in my hands.

Let me say........the most of them differ in dial, hands and plexi! But what I never saw a round shaped/domed crystal/plexi like the FIDDY has it in saphir, all plexis I could inspect were domed and poke out of the bezel by 2-3mm.

Best wishes, Theo

133813-18602.jpg

133813-18603.jpg

Nice plexi! The thick case back looks great, I wish I could find where to get one made for mine...

Best wishes, Theo

133848-18599.jpg

133848-18600.jpg

hello,

i think that this one is a fake, cause the gen marinas don´t use screws for the straps, they use bracklet-pins.

best wishes

olreon

Beautifull Watch!

How did You Proces The Plexi?

To Give it A real Vintage Finnish it needs some Ageing Effects; :bicycle:

Davidsen Dials Are Custom made And not like the standard MM20 Asian Reps wich Cutout numerals are to Fat.

The Orange Lume Looks Good, Did You Aply this Yourself?

hello,

the plexi was crafted from a 50mmx50mmx10mm plexiplate. i did this by my own. (i got another project on the way and i will make some pics of the making of the plexi)

the orange/brown lume was also done by myselfe. i used colored pencils. this was very easy.

but it is is not that easy to explain in words hoe the watch was done. as said, i got another project watch on the way. this should be then a luminor panerai. this time i will make a photostory.... casue a picture says more then 1000 words.

best wishes

olreon

@ finepics

the watch you show is..........real.

But I recently saw some reps (handmade) with a good BREVET+ engraving....unfortunately on the wrong side of the case :D

P.S.: .....these caseback of my watch shown was handmade and extremly expensive.....the maker will never do this again, he hates me now :laugh:

P.P.S.: Good eyes saw the screws .... and correct, it should NOT have screws but pins!

Theo

hello,

i´m really fixed by this vintage pam´s! it makes so much fun to build such a vintage piece and i have to say that i´m very proud when i´m wearing it. for now it is my "most-liked-watch"! that´s why i´m starting to build a new 6152-2, but this time i will make some pics of the development!

the next should be this one!

134261-18525.jpg134261-18526.jpg

best wishes

olreon

hello,

i´m really fixed by this vintage pam´s! it makes so much fun to build such a vintage piece and i have to say that i´m very proud when i´m wearing it. for now it is my "most-liked-watch"! that´s why i´m starting to build a new 6152-2, but this time i will make some pics of the development!

the next should be this one!

best wishes

olreon

That's a great watch - and the one I'm currently working on. I prefer the version in the Panerai brochure with the flipped CG, the Brev Ital engraving on the front looks so good! Any thoughts on how you'll do a dial?