When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I think I found a WM9 substitute for a Yachmaster and sub!

chiman12

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rehaut seems a little wide indeed, but might be the pic.

Here is case from Sean, nice case, still some wrongness in it (m serial, no exgraved rehaut and lugholes)

imagedby.jpg

But with all cases, what matters most is price. Sean will want 350-500 usd depending on who is asking.

Rehaut seems a little wide indeed, but might be the pic.

Here is case from Sean, nice case, still some wrongness in it (m serial, no exgraved rehaut and lugholes)

imagedby.jpg

But with all cases, what matters most is price. Sean will want 350-500 usd depending on who is asking.

Nice this lugholes case no engraving for transational SUB.

How is Sean , please?

Edited by rosnik

whats so different now to the other projects ?:D and why should a noob dial a bit too small ? Did you received the inner case diameter already ?

Not saying it's different just that the case needs to be pretty cheap to as there are loads of parts needed to complete. Size wise - certainly on my sub supreme the dial is bigger than a noob dial - I.e. If you put the noob dial in the case you need to align it and the markers do not go right up to the rehaut. If this case is the same size then that is a consideration

http://www.etaswiss.net

@Mickey

Sean also has a yachty case set http://www.etaswiss....p?image_id=3930

Note, Sean is not a approved dealer, but he has been around for long, long time.

BINGO!

Yup sean.

The rehaut nice an straight, definitely not wokky, case back is fine its the effect of the pics and I'm just a crappy photographer. IMO, the closest I've seen to a gen and this includes a WM9 (yes...I've owned 2) comes with the complete case set (case/dial/bracelet/crown)...so...the price he is asking is reasonable to me compared to a owning a WM9.

The sub actually has a gen crown on it. I some how lost the original one when I was unpacking the case :wounded1:

I don't know if there are different generations of the Yachtmaster bezel, but based on gen pics, Sean's bezel is also closer to gen than WM9

Sorry WM9 guys, but I think that these cases are more accurate in many ways.

Once I get the other parts and put it all together, I'll do another photo shoot.

Not saying it's different just that the case needs to be pretty cheap to as there are loads of parts needed to complete. Size wise - certainly on my sub supreme the dial is bigger than a noob dial - I.e. If you put the noob dial in the case you need to align it and the markers do not go right up to the rehaut. If this case is the same size then that is a consideration

strange, why is bk than using noob dial on the tw best ?;-)

btw, never had this problem and i own a few supreme and wm9

@ jasf2002...to further clarify, the noob dial is too big and the WM9 fits (yes...I currently have both in my parts box). But that being said, the dial that is provided with this case set look pretty good to me. But like every good franken, you would probably want to source a gen dial anyway and a gen insert of course.

btw highoe...you get second prize for almost nailing the dealer down!

Dial and hand set is included with the case, however dial and hands fit rolex movement.

Regarding WM9 being better/worse, i personally think the YM case is same used bt WM9, as Sean came out with the set at same time wm9 began shipping his YM. On the other hand, parts change all the time for better and worse, see the different caseback for example. What you bought 3 years ago might not be the same as today.

@Eiderdaus you can use movement spacer in combo with selita 220 (?) ETA 2824/2892.

Edited by slickdick

despite the order in which it was typed i cant remember if i made an educated guess as to sean first or not.

anyways my list decoded, as it seems youre ok with revealing the source now.

Tswisstime

where site owner Henry sells these, has them in stock too

http://www.tswisstime.com/swiss_rolex_submariner_replica_watches_page2.html#Rolex%20Super%20Submariner%20Pre-2008%203135%20Clone

this one he does not have stock on

http://www.tswisstime.com/swiss_rolex_submariner_replica_watches_page2.html#Rolex%20Stainless%20Submariner%2016610%20TW

Hontwatch

and of course the source:

sean at etaswiss, who just sent out a june update today in fact.

@ jasf2002...to further clarify, the noob dial is too big and the WM9 fits (yes...I currently have both in my parts box). But that being said, the dial that is provided with this case set look pretty good to me. But like every good franken, you would probably want to source a gen dial anyway and a gen insert of course.

Ah - did not realise that you got a dial so thats good. BTW just measured my Noob dial against the sub Supreme flat S dial and the Noob is 1mm smaller - mind you, who knows if all the Noob dials are the same!!

Looks a very nice case to start from

It's ironic... WM9 Sub v2 was finally the answer to our prayers.

WM9 disappearance was a conspiracy... now we're hunting the best Sub again. It never ends... :whistling:

This case set has been around a long time but nobody I guess has bothered as a gen movement plus all the other extras needed make it pointless financially. you may as well go and get a 2nd Sub that will be perfect. This kit will still have it's irritating flaws I'm sure!

It would be nice to see some better all round member pics of this case set.