When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Building myself a 1665

Martyd3

I've only put gen bracelets on gens, and then not always. My most comfortable cheapo aftermarket lives on my Snowflake, looks great, and wears like a dream. And it's nowhere near accurate.

Best advice: get a cheap 93150 hollow midlinks, put it in a double bagged setup with a slurry of abrasive liquid, toss it in the dryer on "fluff" and run it a few hours to loosen it up. Then enjoy the silky aged feel.

Hey, it won't spring a leak.

Probably. :whistling:

• 1 month later...

I've only put gen bracelets on gens, and then not always. My most comfortable cheapo aftermarket lives on my Snowflake, looks great, and wears like a dream. And it's nowhere near accurate.

Best advice: get a cheap 93150 hollow midlinks, put it in a double bagged setup with a slurry of abrasive liquid, toss it in the dryer on "fluff" and run it a few hours to loosen it up. Then enjoy the silky aged feel.

Hey, it won't spring a leak.

Probably. :whistling:

What do you use for an abrasive liquid?

So what is the best source for the 93150?

E

there is none. this is what the "PT factory" seems to be shipping as the 93150 now

DISGUST!

official response "they dont make that style anymore" more or less a waste of money. maybe jmb could re-engrave some 93150 on those ends ?? and the use of the shorter screws that dont fit all the way through the link due to the crappy metal used causing them to break off in the hole. solution shorten the screws = less tension. HAH. re engrave the end, pair it with a gen clasp and bracelet links from a proper bracelet. but if youre doing all that why buy it in the first place? theres nothing left but shatty metal, 580 endlinks and the endlink bracelet connector..which is also incorrect.

post-10838-0-57518600-1311545830.jpg

post-10838-0-51151600-1311545842.jpg

What do you use for an abrasive liquid?

Try SofScrub, a liquid kitchen cleanser. Or if you want to maximize the results get some Flitz metal polish paste, work it into the links thoroughly and then flex and bend the bracelet VIGOROUSLY while twisting it along its long axis. That torques the joints so they make tight contact with their adjoining links and as you flex it, the paste and pressure just eat the metal in the joints. This works GREAT on Yuki's 7206 too.

When done it will be loose and silky, then you'll probably want to re-brush it, as the polishing paste will polish the links too. Then oil it up and enjoy.