When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

ETA2846 Source

milesd

I was searching for these, too, and found that same supplier. I simply bought one for my project from PBDad since he was going to be doing the installation, anyhow. It was also fully serviced and regulated. Of course, it cost more than $80 :-P

"I was searching for these, too, and found that same supplier. I simply bought one for my project from PBDad since he was going to be doing the installation, anyhow. It was also fully serviced and regulated. Of course, it cost more than $80."

I bought a couple a while back from a supply house in the USA for about $100 each and they were new but needed to be cleaned/oiled so you did Ok. When I ordered them, they told me they were probably dried out.

My guess is a new 2846 fresh cleaned/oiled is worth $125 to $200 now with all the price increases etc.

In another year they might be $300...

Saw on TZ that the swiss government gave swatch permission to cut movement production.

This was posted June 8 on TZ public forum...

June 8 (Bloomberg) -- Swatch Group AG, the biggest maker of Swiss watch motors, will be allowed to start reducing deliveries to competing timepiece manufacturers next year as it seeks to end a regulatory requirement that it sell components to rivals.

Swatch, the Biel, Switzerland-based maker of the Omega and Breguet brands, will be permitted to scale back sales of mechanical movements to third parties to 85 percent of the level sold in 2010, the country’s competition regulator, Comco, said today in a statement.

The world’s biggest watchmaker has been required to supply movements to third parties because of its dominant position. Swatch’s ETA unit manufactures as many as 80 percent of the mechanisms made in Switzerland, according to a Sanford C. Bernstein estimate. Swatch has sought permission from Comco since 2009 to choose who it sells movements to.

The company has shown that it’s willing to accept a “gradual” solution, Comco said.

Swatch rose as much as 40 centimes, or 0.1 percent, to 403.60 Swiss francs and was trading at 403.50 francs as of 9:48 a.m. in Zurich.

Next year’s permitted reduction in motor deliveries forms a provisional measure while the regulator conducts an investigation into the matter, Comco said.

'motor' = movements