When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

TimesShops doesnt send QC pics?

Rep Master

I thought all the trusted dealers send QC pics. I ordered a DSSD. I was expecting to receive the QC pics via email. I ordered the watch on thursday. Friday I received confirmation of payment email. I thought monday I was going to get QC pics. Instead I received the tracking numbers. I am excited that its being sent out so quickly. But I didn't even get to "review" the watch before it being shipped.

Is this a once in a while occurrence or TimesShops doesn't send QC pics?

Not all dealers send QC pics. It is not a requirement to be a dealer on the forum. I am not familiar with TimesShops pricing but generally those that don't send QC pics are cheaper and it is your choice whether to use them or someone else. If you do have an issue they should be responsive in any case.

In theory TS will send QC pics, but only if you ask them beforehand.

However I recently had a shipment where they promised to do so, but didn't. So great if they do, but don't expect it to happen.

The way to look at is is that, you're going to be paying like $30 less with timeshops on pretty much anything, so look at that $30 like extra that you're paying everywhere else to get the QC pics and the additional hugs and smiles.

what hugs and smiles?? I want those hugs and smiles for my extra $ too....I heard Mrs.King is pretty cute and have such as sexy voice too so looking forward to that I am :rofl:

Seriously demand QC photos of your watch to be up front (or at least before shipping as you likely have to pay before QC pics) :drinks:

what hugs and smiles?? I want those hugs and smiles for my extra $ too....I heard Mrs.King is pretty cute and have such as sexy voice too so looking forward to that I am :rofl:

Seriously demand QC photos of your watch to be up front (or at least before shipping as you likely have to pay before QC pics) :drinks:

I always specify that I want to see pics. I even have gotten them from timeshops, but they aren't as great as what you'd get from trusty or someone..

I thought all the trusted dealers send QC pics. I ordered a DSSD. I was expecting to receive the QC pics via email. I ordered the watch on thursday. Friday I received confirmation of payment email. I thought monday I was going to get QC pics. Instead I received the tracking numbers. I am excited that its being sent out so quickly. But I didn't even get to "review" the watch before it being shipped.

Is this a once in a while occurrence or TimesShops doesn't send QC pics?

I just recently ordered a watch from one of our trusted dealers. They immediately sent me a tracking number. A few days later, I got QC pics (I think I am going to love this watch). This was a new drill for me, so I asked why I got a tracking number and then got QC pics several days later asking for confirmation that the watch should be sent. I was told that this is the new protocol -- which suits me just fine. I mention this because this may be what you are experiencing.

I should add that the pics were not some kind of "file" pics - the watch was laying on the mailing label with my name and address and the tracking number that had been previously provided. I like this new system.

Bill

I think with people nitpicking over little things they don't want to give you a chance to request a different watch because you think the dial color should be a little bit blacker..

I want my watches to be super perfect too, but this is the risk we take in this game..

People need to also be sensible about QC photo's too.

I have people ask me for QC shots on $30 items, I mean sure I am going to get someone to take photo's of an item that I make 5 bucks on...like who is paying for the pic's?

I think it pays to remember that these pic's do not just magically appear, the dealer needs to get someone with the expertise (co$t) to set them up and take them and a dealer should be able to charge for this service.

Ken

I just recently ordered a watch from one of our trusted dealers. They immediately sent me a tracking number. A few days later, I got QC pics (I think I am going to love this watch). This was a new drill for me, so I asked why I got a tracking number and then got QC pics several days later asking for confirmation that the watch should be sent. I was told that this is the new protocol -- which suits me just fine. I mention this because this may be what you are experiencing.

I should add that the pics were not some kind of "file" pics - the watch was laying on the mailing label with my name and address and the tracking number that had been previously provided. I like this new system.

Bill

Was that Joshua per chance? I got a tracking number almost immediately on an order placed on Sunday but tracking is not yet valid in EMS tracking. No QC pics yet. Maybe tonight.

People need to also be sensible about QC photo's too.

I have people ask me for QC shots on $30 items, I mean sure I am going to get someone to take photo's of an item that I make 5 bucks on...like who is paying for the pic's?

I think it pays to remember that these pic's do not just magically appear, the dealer needs to get someone with the expertise (co$t) to set them up and take them and a dealer should be able to charge for this service.

Ken

charging extra for QC pics is a lil absurd dont u think? i mean it really only takes seconds to take, upload, and send 5 or 6 pictures.

I think with people nitpicking over little things they don't want to give you a chance to request a different watch because you think the dial color should be a little bit blacker..

I want my watches to be super perfect too, but this is the risk we take in this game..

you're right! people do nitpick little nonsense. but i've also heard of people receiving the wrong watch, example: ordered DSSD and got milgaus. or sometimes a more simple mixup like, example: ordered super avenger blue dial, but received super avenger black dial. simple QC pics probably could have avoided these mixups

i guess the lesson here is.... from now on i will politely ask for QC pics in the comments section, when ordering any more reps. :bangin: BTW i just want to mention i haven't received the watch yet, but so far the Service has been SUPER FAST!! and i have zero complaints so far.

Where internet business falls behind high street shops (ignoring the rep aspect) is that you cannot see the actual item you are about to buy.

On many sites the pictures are poor, so you are left with a vague image of the real thing. Also the real thing often is not that well made. And yes, wrong watches are sent out.

The QC pics serve a huge purpose for the purchaser. They also prevent the occational hassle for the dealer of having a dis-satisfied customer and having to deal with returns. Finally it makes the dealers much more picky when selecting watches from the factories, which in turn puts pressure on the factories to improve their quality control.

When it is a routine matter, it will cost less for pics or (much better) videos to be made.

I think the QC pics are here to stay. They represent a huge improvement in internet sales in general and for reps in particular.

Finally it makes the dealers much more picky when selecting watches from the factories, which in turn puts pressure on the factories to improve their quality control.

I think the QC pics are here to stay. They represent a huge improvement in internet sales in general and for reps in particular.

Yes I agree 100%

I think the point about QC pictures is inducing the dealers to be much more picky when selecting watches from the factories is a very very important one :thumbsupsmileyanim:

QC pics help everyone. You get to see what you are getting. The dealer will hopefully have less returns. I now think of buying reps the way I would a second hand gen. You would never buy a used gen without seeing it first. And when you get a second hand watch there is no ongoing warranty other than if the watch truly arrives not functioning. It is the same for reps at some level.

I have always assumed that the QC pics coming after receiving the tracking number just reflected the fact that the dealer has a pre-printed tracking number. The one time I didn't like a particular watch I was able to swap out for a different one even though I already had a tracking number. I assumed that is why they give you 24 hours or so after receipt of the pics.

I mean it really only takes seconds to take, upload, and send 5 or 6 pictures.

What makes you think that?

I am yet to see a dealers pic's that looks like they slapped the watch down on a table and ran off 1/2 a dozen point and shoot shots.

When I first started on the old RWG a dealer would put up his own pic's of a watch and then sell X amount of them from that pic.

Once you paid for your watch you just sat tight and hoped it made it through customs, because hey it's an illegal hobby and we know we are not shopping at wall mart.

Now we buy a watch we want a dozen Emails with the dealer on every small detail, we want these QC pic's, we want a guarantee that the dealer has personally QCed the watch, we want guaranteed delivery (dealer takes customs risk), we want a guarantee the watch holds up without any preemptive maintenance .....once it was widely advised to locktite all screws on a new rep, now if screws fall out it goes back to the dealer...we even want a warranty of sorts that if a watch has a fault within 3 to 6 months it goes back to the dealer.

Hell I had a customer who started a PP dispute because he wanted me to pay VAT that his own country charged him.

All this is fine and good and I largely don't have a problem with what is expected today, but that second list is why our watches cost a lot more today than they once did.

Ken

This means that RWG and the other replica boards + QC have caused replivas to become better :thumbsupsmileyanim: the increase in price I am not so sure about KB..the low quality raeplicas are not really more expemsive now (if you can get them) but yes there seem to be more higher quality replicas now that are moer expensive (and price has increased 20% or so last 2 years maybe due to QC maybe but maybe more likely due to demand? are there more buyers of these reps now than ever?)

Actually on the dealer side the increase in prices seems to be driven as much by the factories. The factories charge real prices for their product and I have been wondering if the factories actually tell dealers what the retail price should be. Even the "discount" dealers are not cutting price more than $30-40 when a watch is relatively new. I suspect being a dealer is nothing like the good old days when there was anything but perfect information. I have long suspected that being a dealer is increasingly looking like a traditional retail business with 50% type mark-ups and the cost of doing business rapidly rising. I am not crying on behalf of the dealer but it seems it is headed that way.

I'm not normally as negative/abrupt as I'm going to be here, but personally, I think that unless someone is really nit-picky and anal (unreasonably so) about certain details, there is no need whatsoever for QC pics. If I'm ordering a no-date Submariner, I know what a no-date Submariner looks like, I really couldn't care less which specific one gets shipped to me, as long as it is the right watch. Heck, as long as all the spellings on the dial are accurate, and the thing tells the time when it arrives, I equally couldn't care less how accurate the replication is, and I don't need a QC pic to ease my nerves on what I'm buying. If I receive the wrong item (has happened in the past) it gets sent back. Other than that, I take what I'm given... :pardon: When I got my budget DJ, what I was expecting to be a pure black gloss dial, turned out to actually have a very subtle sunburst effect, which is almost impossible to see, but absolutely stunning. QC pics would have spoiled that surprise for me... :pardon: I mean, c'mon, we're not a bunch of grade schoolers, we're all grown men, time to Man Up over this QC pic issue and place the order knowing what it should look like, and then have the stones to accept what comes (within reason) The other alternative to being wet-nursed like this, is to start buying gens to ensure 100% satisfaction and customer service :bangin: Sorry for the rant, I'll get off my soapbox now... :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks: :drinks:

...If I receive the wrong item (has happened in the past) it gets sent back...

That's something i personally like to avoid. The exchange process is tedious! Not to mention being -1 on watch during the process and having to pay shipping.

I recently ordered a PAM 217, and got QC pics. And it was a good thing too, because pictured was a PAM 127! Having been able to sort this out before the watch was shipped/received saved tons of hassle in the back & forth that's sure to ensue. Especially since the dealer i bought from is not known for being a great communicator.

My personal experience with exchanges have been quite bad. Once, i got a quartz instead of an the automatic i ordered and immediately emailed the dealer. It took a whole week & a half of back and forth where he kept doubting that i got a quartz and kept asking for pictures of the movement. As if i had something to gain by making false claims.

So, i guess the point i'm trying to make it, QC pics (& even vids) are necessary if dealer does not qc the items before sending it out. i don't mind getting just the tracking details as long as i can be sure i will get the watch i ordered.