When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What big divers watch to get?

slask111

Hi all,

Im in the search for a big divers watch, and the wholy grale for me is the SeaDweller. Sadly i cant pull that one of. But i want something looking like it.

Im currently looking at theese reps:

TAG Aquaracer 500 -- to small?

UN maxi marine 45mm --- to... much?

And gens:

Seiko Monster -- to small?

Tissot T-Touch Expert Pilot --- to expensive

Seiko Kinetic Scuba black diver ---- to small?

Seiko heavyweight pro scuba diver --- to big?

Dont care if its a gen or rep. it needs to be great out of the box and i would prefer a bezel like the Seadweller. And yes.. it needs to be a big one.. 44-45mm. I use a Ebel Discovery today as daily beater and its a bit small.

Pls help me with suggestions of what to look for that fits my needs and what you thing of my suggestions above. Im cinda lost here...

Thnx for a great forum and great members!! :)

Edited by slask111

Seiko Black Monster is a great watch. A couple of hundred bucks...not a couple of thousand.

Great dial, great functional bezel, AND the best lume of any watch in the world.

Not only available with a really good rubber bracelet, but also has a really beautiful ss bracelet as well.

Seadweller rep?... no thanks.

Thnx for the input. The moster seems like a steal if you look at what you get. It could be a litte small for me though. Im cinda stuck on the Seiko Kinetic 200m watch. A bit bigger than the moster and looks like a submariner on steriods. Thoughts?

SKA371P1_MED.jpg

Can't really beat the Seikos in terms of value for the money. Either the Monster or the one you have shown are great options. Tough to choose. All comes down to your needs. The monster is very popular but maybe not so good if you were hoping to dress it up some, even on it's bracelet. The one you have shown however looks like a great all round piece. Never seen that one before myself. Very nice.

Thnx for the input. The moster seems like a steal if you look at what you get. It could be a litte small for me though. Im cinda stuck on the Seiko Kinetic 200m watch. A bit bigger than the moster and looks like a submariner on steriods. Thoughts?

This one is really nice, waiting for mine!

Ye this Kinetic 200m seems not so popular, cant find any good reviews of it anywhere. But it sure looks good. Dressy, bulky and fits my watersport needs. I think this might be the one. Can be found on ebay for around 200€.

45mm/15mm big.

Pabler: Post some pics and a wristshot when you have it pls :)

Edited by slask111

Unless there's a brand new version of that Kinetic, it's actually smaller than the monster (39mm Vs 42mm without crown).

Hmm, perhaps there is a newer/bigger version. That would make it the same size as the monster.

The version i tried on at about christmas but it was too small. It appeared to wear about the same as the monster but only because of the crown position and the battery pusher. it was actually kinda flimsy by comparison.

I will be checking the shops again though because i'd loved to love this watch.

post up some pics if you get it :)

Ye this Kinetic 200m seems not so popular, cant find any good reviews of it anywhere. But it sure looks good. Dressy, bulky and fits my watersport needs. I think this might be the one. Can be found on ebay for around 200€.

45mm/15mm big.

Pabler: Post some pics and a wristshot when you have it pls

No probs, I'll do it as soon I receive it.

Hi all,

Im in the search for a big divers watch, and the wholy grale for me is the SeaDweller. Sadly i cant pull that one of. But i want something looking like it.

If you want as SD, get one. Anything else will only ever be an 'almost there/not quite' substitute. Don't worry about pulling it off, it's your watch, it's meant to be on your wrist. That's all that matters :good::drinks:

I have both the 500m and the MMD....they're both very well made replicas and great to wear. The Tag actually wears pretty big on the bracelet and it is quite chunky.

Can't go wrong with either in my opinion, also check out the new Breitling Superocean which some love and some hate :)

060220101440.jpg

Previously owned gen....now have the rep but don't have a picture that I can find unfortuantely

P1010470.jpg

Just came back after a visit at the local AD. I wanted to try the TAG 500 but sadly they didnt have any. They did have the Seiko Kinetic 500 and after trying it on i now know its not for me. It looks great on pics and on a stand.. but not on my wrist. Im now even more impressed how good our replicas are in terms of feel/quality.

Im now looking at the Rep TAG again. Im happy to hear from b16a2 that it does wear big.. cause thats my goal to get a chunky diver (pls post more wristshots of it). Wont be hard to send it for some waterproofing.

Funny that a Rep TAG Aquaracer 500 is more expensive than a Gen Seiko Kinetic diver.

Anyone tryed the 45mm UN MMD? Is seems to be a monster, cant find any decent wristshots of it though.

P.s. I really like the new Superocean.. but i want a SS band. I Will wait with that one...

Edited by slask111

Hm ill have to run down to the AD and se whats what.

Thnx TeeJay for the support. But the minute i walk in at the office with a replica SD my co workers will notice. My office is cluttered with Rolex/Breits and they are anal about it..

Anal enough to tell a rep from a gen? ;):whistling: In that case, maybe something like the TAG or UN would be best :good:

Anal enough to know that my paygrade wont let me get a SD ;) Im to young aswell, in 10 years i can have it np :)

Hmm that superocean is supernice, and not that expensive at the AD so i could pull that of. Now i just need to find it at a dealer with SS strap..

The Seawolf is nice, but not for me. I need em really clean looking. But look at this new model, im in love :)

Best thing its not expensive as Gen, so possible to wear for a youngster like me ;)

Now i just have to wait for a SS version from the dealers. Its just 42mm but its a breit, they usually wear big if you ask me

superocean2010_01.jpg

Edited by slask111

Seiko Sumo SBDC001?

To be re-released 44mm IWC Aquatimer Cousteau?

The new IWC is awsome on SS, threre will be a new version released?

EDIT: Sry i thought of the 2009 model, love that. If it were non chrono..

Edited by slask111

Anal enough to know that my paygrade wont let me get a SD ;) Im to young aswell, in 10 years i can have it np :)

Hmm that superocean is supernice, and not that expensive at the AD so i could pull that of. Now i just need to find it at a dealer with SS strap..

Oh well, you could always keep it as a 'home wear only' watch :thumbsupsmileyanim: