When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Batch Of "solid Gold" Datejusts Has Arrived

vmena

While some people is busyy searching fr the "best sub" :) I'm always seasrching for a reliable TT datejust. I was ner to pull the trigger with PT but the experience of repaustria with a PT DJ stoped me from doing it. Also. I'm lookig for an oyster band since jubilee is to bling for me.

Now most of the dealers start selling a new set of DJ advertised as solid gold and with oyster band (wo-mart, bestswiss, king...). And the question rise again (I'm sharing ot with you because I'm lost about whta to do, andI appreciate your knowledge and seuggestions): Is this real 14K solid gold. I sent a PM to bestswiss.

My question:

"Please, can you clarify what do you call "18K solid gold"? Is it some layers with different K in each layer or it is a solid 18K piece of gold? I want to buy it but need to know this before."

The answer:

"18K SOLID GOLD 2 TONE BAND & BEZEL & CROWN

First layer 5K + Second layer 14K GOLD on the BAND

thanks "

The watch can be seen here: DJ TT

I really don't understand what they're talking about... do you? :(

Just to clear the air about Gold Pating and Wrapped Gold in replicas...

FIRST: There are NO SOLID GOLD MIDLINKS Subs, GMTs or Sports Rolexes made at all at the moment. If any dealer tells you that they have SOLID GOLD MidLinks Sports Rolexes selling for USD200-USD300.. let me know. I will buy from them to resell.

SECOND: All those claiming SOLID GOLD MidLinks is actually 14K or 18K Gold on Palladium or Copper and when they are melted down, they look like a piece of lump of gold. This is 100% true. I have been in the replicas industry to know about the tricks opf the trade.

THIRD: Generally 3 kinds of Gold versions. See below:

1. Plated Gold (On replicas of Asian Autos or OS20 Quartz - Lower End) - Wears off easily

2. Thick Plated 14K/18K Gold - 5 mils - Very lasting and mostly on Swiss ETAs/Valjoux movement replicas

3. 14K /18K Gold Wrapped - Best version you can get on the market.

For FULL SOLID GOLD... I have sources to purchase Presidential Rolex 18K SOLID GOLD...thats the ONLY SOLID GOLD bracelets that are available. They are custom made. =) Not cheap by the way. I have a piece on my Rolex Datejust (Genuine).

LASTLY --> This is a sharing session. No offence to any dealers on what I mentioned. I speak the truth and top dealers can verify what I say. =)

Thank you!

*My hands are tired....

Andrew

Thanks a lot Andrew for stepping on and clearing our minds. Nevertheless, your comments surely will make some of our trusted dealers reconsider previous posts or stepping on also and sharing his true with us. If what you say is true (and I have no reason at all to doubt from you) then I'm starting to understand some unsatisfied buyers related to "solid gold" purchasing.

Sorry for being so direct, but it's time our trusted dealers make a final clarification and stop using some unclear phrases when you ask for the meaning of "solid gold".

I can assure you that in Antwerp I can buy plenty of SOLID 18K gold Rolex replica's (in Antwerp they call it Geneve replica). Daytona, DD etc. They can even put in some real diamonds if you have the cash.

Prices between 2000-3000 Euro's (without the 'stones').

So forget Asia... go to Belgium on you next vacation :)

Edited by Rolexman

the only solid gold that i thought was true was the tt jubilee bracelets on a ladies datejust , but now after andrews post i may reconsider this thought, and the only reason is because they r so small links and it wouldnt be as costly to do , just my two cents for u

joe

I can assure you that in Antwerp I can buy plenty of SOLID 18K gold Rolex replica's (in Antwerp they call it Geneve replica). Daytona, DD etc. They can even put in some real diamonds if you have the cash.

Guess you're talking about full 18K gold replicas. Again, 14K gold for some few links in an oyster bracelet is not that expensive. But if with 3 grams of gold you can sell a watch saying is solid and charge like it was, there's a big profit my friend.

I just want solig gold to make the watch "live" longer.

Just to clear the air about Gold Pating and Wrapped Gold in replicas...

FIRST: There are NO SOLID GOLD MIDLINKS Subs, GMTs or Sports Rolexes made at all at the moment. If any dealer tells you that they have SOLID GOLD MidLinks Sports Rolexes selling for USD200-USD300.. let me know. I will buy from them to resell.

SECOND: All those claiming SOLID GOLD MidLinks is actually 14K or 18K Gold on Palladium or Copper and when they are melted down, they look like a piece of lump of gold. This is 100% true. I have been in the replicas industry to know about the tricks opf the trade.

THIRD: Generally 3 kinds of Gold versions. See below:

1. Plated Gold (On replicas of Asian Autos or OS20 Quartz - Lower End) - Wears off easily

2. Thick Plated 14K/18K Gold - 5 mils - Very lasting and mostly on Swiss ETAs/Valjoux movement replicas

3. 14K /18K Gold Wrapped - Best version you can get on the market.

For FULL SOLID GOLD... I have sources to purchase Presidential Rolex 18K SOLID GOLD...thats the ONLY SOLID GOLD bracelets that are available. They are custom made. =) Not cheap by the way. I have a piece on my Rolex Datejust (Genuine).

LASTLY --> This is a sharing session. No offence to any dealers on what I mentioned. I speak the truth and top dealers can verify what I say. =)

Thank you!

*My hands are tired....

Andrew

Then take a look here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=solid+gold

and buy precious time's stock. He HAS solid gold hollow midlink rolexes.

Then take a look here:

http://www.rwg.cc/members/index.php?showto...p;hl=solid+gold

and buy precious time's stock. He HAS solid gold hollow midlink rolexes.

Perhaps someone could explain what the meltdown shows us? I have no interest in yellow gold watches, but I am curious... How do I know that is a chunk of melted gold versus a little melted gold plating and a chuck of melted brass?

I've heard from a few others that Belgium is the place to source solid 18k cases as well.

Quite intriguing...

Kudos to Andrew for the explanation....and even if they came out w/ a solid 14k watch, why would anyone buy it? It would look less accurate than an 18k plated version and still not be heavy enough.

If you're going to buy a gold watch you can't expect any deals--they pay the same for gold in China as they do anywhere else, and gold ain't cheap these days. an 18k piece may be slightly cheaper than one made in the west because of labor costs, but since materials account for 90% of the cost of an 18k piece anyway, you wouldn't see a huge difference in the cost of a solid TT chinese rep and one you can make yourself using quality aftermarket 18k parts from a trusted ebay dealer.

Do a search there are at least a couple dealers of solid 18k aftermarket rolex parts that people talk about around here--I've never used any o f them (and can't remember their names) so I can't vouch personally.

I dont know about repaustrias watch, but the pics pt provided look legit to me. maybe it was because he ordered a Datejust and not a Submariner? Subs have a different bracelet and are overall the more popular watch, I would say.

Also as far as I know, not even genuine rolexes have solid gold crowns, because that would be total [censored] for a crown. Gold is too soft for a crown! The threads would stripe pretty quickly.

As for the bezel, I dont know, I have no idea how they are constructed or anything like that.

Maybe a solid gold bracelet was just put on a regular TT datejust? Have no idea, but PT should comment on this.

Solid means solid and not wrapped or plated.

It's irrellevant, I paid the price for the gold on crown, bracelet and bezel being solid.

The gold on the band aged quickly, most probably it was some special cheap alloy... as Andrew described.

The bezel was plated or wrapped or whatever the definition now is... it just was no solid.

The crown had a rather badly executed golden cap with a brass interior.

So what's legit about that?

Nothing... which does not necessary mean that PT lied; probably just didn't know. But dealers must know. It's their job. And yes, this is an ilegal trading world, but even in ilegal business, there are rules.