When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam noob

woof*

The main reason I've stayed away from these is due to the large sizes.

Are any of the Pam models 40-42mm? A quick search through Josh's site and found nothing in that size.

Sorry if this has been answered a 100 times, I realize that the big size is part of the attraction for many, but I really can't pull off or enjoy anything larger than 42mm, like my rolex or seamasters.

Thanks in advance for any help.

:)

If you look on this page... you will see a few threads on the PAMs in 40mm.... these come in various models... 49, 50, 119 etc etc........ Check W0lfs thread about a watch for his Mrs..

Best OTB version is the MBW..... you can get these from Reg (Narikka) or Robert at PWC prices are around 350 to 500.. Rob is the cheaper by far... if you want budget then just go for something from Rep-Make etc

These particular ones are considered the most accurate... unlike the GZ versions from Josh etc

Woof , I have the wimpyist wrists around and Manual 44mm pams work fine. I tried to pull off a 1950 for a while and though noone seemed to care , I felt it a tad big. You could go for a 288 but my advice would be to try a new 177 because the titanium will be nice and light. If it doesn't work for you them you can easily sell it but until you've actually worn one for a while I don't think you should dismiss 44mm. Good luck

Hey thanks for the replys and ideas guys, now I have some watches to look at.

I'll look into the models suggested. Maybe my perspective is wrong on the size.

Right now my 40mm subs feel right, my PO at 42 feels a little big but after I've had it on an hour I'm fine with it.

My 35mm rolex precision gen feels tiny and I rarely wear it anymore. I think my wrists are 6 1/2".

Usually when I see a Pam in the wild... even on a big guy they can look big, but I know some of these go 50mm?

I'm going to start reading this area alot and maybe pick up a cheaper one to try.

Thanks again!

If you haven't tried a basic 44mm handwind (e.g. 111/112) or 45mm (183) yet, I'd recommend checking one out. Even though the cases might seem large, they really don't wear that big (especially the 183 Black Seal Radiomir; due to it's shape, relatively low profile and lack of CG, it wears quite a bit smaller than you might expect).

Even the 44mm Luminor case fits a slender wrist rather nicely. Here's a shot of Mrs. Ubi wearing my old 44mm 009 on her dainty little wrist; it's not uncommon to see her sneaking into my watch box every now and then to take a Panerai out for a day... :)

IMG_1407.jpg

Hey Woof,

My feeling is same as yours and I know many of us feel the same way, when you have a small wrist 44mm PAMs look quite big... especially when you are looking for a dailly beatter.

I've been looking around for a good rep for a while and didn't manage to find any decent quality.

I tried both gen Marina 40mm and 44mm this weekend and the 40mm size was just perfect!

So if you figure out the problem please let me/us know..

Cheers

• 3 months later...

If you look on this page... you will see a few threads on the PAMs in 40mm.... these come in various models... 49, 50, 119 etc etc........ Check W0lfs thread about a watch for his Mrs..

Best OTB version is the MBW..... you can get these from Reg (Narikka) or Robert at PWC prices are around 350 to 500.. Rob is the cheaper by far... if you want budget then just go for something from Rep-Make etc

These particular ones are considered the most accurate... unlike the GZ versions from Josh etc

Pete - sent a PM about this but thought I'd reply to the thread as well - trying to track down the elusive MBWs and not having much luck - are Narikka and Robert on this forum with the same user names? Very interested in getting my hands on some of these MBWs to use as a base with custom dials/casebacks etc...Thx

Edited by kkmark

If you haven't tried a basic 44mm handwind (e.g. 111/112) or 45mm (183) yet, I'd recommend checking one out. Even though the cases might seem large, they really don't wear that big (especially the 183 Black Seal Radiomir; due to it's shape, relatively low profile and lack of CG, it wears quite a bit smaller than you might expect).

Even the 44mm Luminor case fits a slender wrist rather nicely. Here's a shot of Mrs. Ubi wearing my old 44mm 009 on her dainty little wrist; it's not uncommon to see her sneaking into my watch box every now and then to take a Panerai out for a day... smile.gif

IMG_1407.jpg

I have to go along with Ubi on this one

Mrs Ubi sure has good taste...a women after my own wrist.;)

Mike