When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My first Build - Tudor 94010

tghodin

Hello lads,

Here comes my very first watch build, the first ive ever done.

I grew my intrests as my uncle, who was a talented and well known watchsmith passed away in cancer last year - and ever since, ive had a keen eye for timepieces.

After lurkin on forums, trying some base reps and studying for about 6 months, in may, i pulled the trigger on a fine Swiss 2836 ETA, and decided that a Snowflake No-date was the watch for me.

Said and done; after many hours with tools, and my dear Dremel!

Swiss 2836

Josh case

Yuki dial/hands

Completely reshaped crystal

What u think?

post-30618-131247608955.jpg

:thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Great choice for a first build, Tudors Rock!!! The only "wart" being the stubby CGs. I wish Josh could get whoever mills these cases to leave a bit more meat on 'em.

Now that the bug has bitten you, ehat's next? :diablo:

thanks for the nice comments, planned upgrades are gen crown/tube and a new insert and crystal, prolly clarks and a josh insert with the vintage pearl.

Sure was a pain, the crystal i used was way to big for the insert to fit, so i had to shave it down with the dremel, then repolish it with said tool.

As of now im just considering, cream vintage relume towards a yellow tone and bleach insert, or let it be? what say you?.

More pictures to come ofc.

thanks for the nice comments, planned upgrades are gen crown/tube and a new insert and crystal, prolly clarks and a josh insert with the vintage pearl.

Sure was a pain, the crystal i used was way to big for the insert to fit, so i had to shave it down with the dremel, then repolish it with said tool.

As of now im just considering, cream vintage relume towards a yellow tone and bleach insert, or let it be? what say you?.

More pictures to come ofc.

I would leave it as it is and let it fade naturally, fading the insert a tiny tiny bit could be okay though. My opinion is formed by this, so nice looking:

dsc0035w.jpg

Nop, it isn't. But why do you want a T39? I've tried it, and it's too high imo. I went for the T19 instead - looks great!

Thanks alot! Anyone knows if the Clark T39 is a straight swap and not too big for a Josh insert etc?