When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Freshening up the Explorer...

ubiquitous

Much in the same way a new insert can change the look of a watch, I find that a new bracelet can also help update the look and feel of a piece that is otherwise business as usual.

A friend sent over this 62510H (tight links with zero stretch/flex), which I've fitted to my 1016 Explorer. I don't have any Jubilee clad Rolex in my collection, so this really changes things up for an Oyster link kind of guy like me :)

IMG_6802.jpg

IMG_6803.jpg

IMG_6814.jpg

IMG_6807.jpg

IMG_6812.jpg

IMG_6818.jpg

IMG_6823.jpg

Thoughts?

:)

• 2 weeks later...

Well if you ever get tired of the jubi let me know. It would looks great in my gmt ;)

And I just love that dial, its so simple well balanced.

I think the Jubilees look great on GMTs as well! Very nice and complimenting look :)

The 1016 is such a simple piece overall; very basic, yet balanced. The Jubilee and the multi-link design adds a little bit of an ostentatious facet to the otherwise simple aesthetic.

Maybe not bark... But perhaps diamond set pave?

As long as it's done with subtlety and taste. :)

TeeJay: I didn't mean wooden dials, which can be nice. I was referring to "bark finish" whereby Rolex scarifies a case and bracelet until it wouldn't look out of place in Elvis's Jungle Room. :elvis:

As long as it's done with subtlety and taste. :)

TeeJay: I didn't mean wooden dials, which can be nice. I was referring to "bark finish" whereby Rolex scarifies a case and bracelet until it wouldn't look out of place in Elvis's Jungle Room. :elvis:

Ahh, I know the effect you mean :good: