When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

UK Noob

I got bored yesterday afternoon and read up on the history of fake Swiss watches. The next thing I knew, I was signing up for an account with this forum...

I'm a student from England, about to enter the second year of my degree. I like nice things but can't necessarily afford them, currently this:

post-39670-0-32478600-1314666698.jpg is my default wristwatch. Urgh. Brb, using search function to find out if anyone makes replica Tudor Submariners.

Edited by Chrononaut

Welcome! And yes; there I so much info here to absorb. You'll spend many happy hours if you want to.

Thank you! I already have found myself spending a few hours here. I really, really like the look of some of the replica vintage watches. I'll probably invest in my first replica this time next month when I have a fresh batch of student loan (I'm a pretty boring student - I don't drink or smoke, so I usually have quite a bit of spare cash floating around)...

Thank you! I already have found myself spending a few hours here. I really, really like the look of some of the replica vintage watches. I'll probably invest in my first replica this time next month when I have a fresh batch of student loan (I'm a pretty boring student - I don't drink or smoke, so I usually have quite a bit of spare cash floating around)...

Dont drink or smoke? Just give it time. Before you know it you will have a fine cigar a bottle of exquisite boubon/scotch and be rocking that rollie like It's 1999. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Those collage chicks will be on you like stink on doo doo. :D Welcome to RWG. :drinks: Mike

Welcome to "build your vintage watch heaven"! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Does indeed seem to be. Going to spend some time lurking and hopefully not making an ass of myself working out how to piece together a nice 'vintage' Rolex or Tudor... :Jumpy:

Dont drink or smoke? Just give it time. Before you know it you will have a fine cigar a bottle of exquisite boubon/scotch and be rocking that rollie like It's 1999. :thumbsupsmileyanim: Those collage chicks will be on you like stink on doo doo. :D Welcome to RWG. :drinks: Mike

Ha, I used to be a huge drinker, but after some bad experiences with absinthe and Mary Jane, I decided to go teetotal. Truth be told I think I was pretty much an alcoholic :lol:

I can get behind the cigar idea, however. Need something to blow smoke in rich London kid's faces with.

Thanks for the warm welcome to the board, guys :group:

Edited by Chrononaut

..and lets not forget those chicks and rollies(Rolex) :pimp:

It would be nice to get some attention from the opposite sex. 6 days a week in the gym, hours spent on personal grooming - nothing :blink:

Anyway, I discovered last night that that plastic Ice Watch does actually have lume on the hands and dial. It's pretty weak...

Edited by Chrononaut

using search function to find out if anyone makes replica Tudor Submariners.

Welcome to the party :drinks:

Replica Tudor Sub dials are available via YukiWatch, but no 'ready made' Tudor Subs available (unless Yuki sells them at Big $$s) they're very much a matter of DIY jobs, but well worth it, as you get all the look and style of a Rolex, but are able to fly under the radar. As for what you're currently wearing, it could be worse, this is what I wear when I feel the need to cheer myself up :whistling:

DSCN3658.jpg

Watch dummies who want to be in the Paparazzi limelight.

Whereabouts in the U.K. are you studying?

Central London.

Welcome to the party :drinks:

Replica Tudor Sub dials are available via YukiWatch, but no 'ready made' Tudor Subs available (unless Yuki sells them at Big $$s) they're very much a matter of DIY jobs, but well worth it, as you get all the look and style of a Rolex, but are able to fly under the radar. As for what you're currently wearing, it could be worse, this is what I wear when I feel the need to cheer myself up :whistling:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r44/TreadstoneArt/DSCN3658.jpg%7Boption%7D

Awesome, thanks. What would I use for a case? I don't believe Tudor watches had crown guards like Rolex's, unless I'm horribly mistaken...

Also, my dream is to own a real PVD Rolex. I think they're very unique and understated.

Edited by Chrononaut

Awesome, thanks. What would I use for a case? I don't believe Tudor watches had crown guards like Rolex's, unless I'm horribly mistaken...

Also, my dream is to own a real PVD Rolex. I think they're very unique and understated.

Mine isn't PVD, it's a Camden Market plastic sub with a modified Rolex dial fixed to the quartz movement with double-sided tape :victory: I built it myself for a chuckle, but found I really enjoyed wearing it, as it reminds me not to take life too seriously :) I also wear it while tattooing, so the field from the machine can't magnetize an automatic movement :bangin: As far as I know, Tudor cases're just the same as the Rolex ones :)

DSCN4100.jpg

There're good PVD Rolex reps available, the real ones really just aren't worth the price-tag :lol:

Welcome from a fellow noob who is just outside the M25 :D

Here's to absorbing all the knowledge on the forum and getting very little work done in the next few days mate!

If it helps you justify the cost, consider this - a noob factory LV sub costs the same as two full tanks of diesel for my car...

Best

N

• 3 weeks later...

Mine isn't PVD, it's a Camden Market plastic sub with a modified Rolex dial fixed to the quartz movement with double-sided tape victory.gif I built it myself for a chuckle, but found I really enjoyed wearing it, as it reminds me not to take life too seriously smile.gif I also wear it while tattooing, so the field from the machine can't magnetize an automatic movement bangin.gif As far as I know, Tudor cases're just the same as the Rolex ones smile.gif

DSCN4100.jpg

There're good PVD Rolex reps available, the real ones really just aren't worth the price-tag laugh.gif

Looking mighty professional there T.. :victory: