When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

bruce79

Bought from original owner. Worn by him every day for 33 years...he was an iron worker, retired now. Was able to speak to him on the phone while closing the deal (trade). He said he wore this watch on some of the biggest industrial projects in the history of the US...projects that helped shape the country. From Skyscrapers to Nuclear Subs. The watch has been with him for some very fond memories. Why he wanted to part with it I don't know but I feel honored to have it now. It's a 5.1 mil. These pics are pre-service. Post service pics to come.

Edited by bruce79

Bought from original owner. Worn by him every day for 33 years...he was an iron worker, retired now. Was able to speak to him on the phone while closing the deal (trade). He said he wore this watch on some of the biggest industrial projects in the history of the US...projects that helped shape the country. From Skyscrapers to Nuclear Subs. The watch has been with him for some very fond memories. Why he wanted to part with it I don't know but I feel honored to have it now. It's a 5.1 mil. These pics are pre-service. Post service pics to come.

if it's being done by Rolex, make sure you specify they ONLY service the movement... would utterly ruin the rich history of this watch to swap in new parts & let it be brushed / polished.

Service was done a local Rolex AD's watchmaker who is a very good friend of mine. A light polish was done but I made my concerns known before regarding over polishing and I was quite pleased with the results. The watch had been polished before during a service or two by the original owner, as can be seen in the pics above. So it's not like I was dealing with a never polished specimen. I chose to have the previous owner's scratches polished out...so I can add my own over the next 33 years. :)