When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Welcome Back :)

Admin

Real credit is deserved to Admin for getting the upgrade done in the limited downtime there was (even though it seemed like forever to me!) - I don't envy you setting and sticking to that limit... Updating a large, complex and busy system such as this (including integrating new add-on modules/plugins) is not something I'd like to attempt in a rush, especially considering all the work involved. If there were a couple of you making the changes in that time, well done! If you did it alone, then serious props to you for getting it functional so quickly. I think it will be well received once people have got used to the changes and any remaining (minor) issues are sorted.

One very minor comment: m.rwg.cc on android with webkit based browser (after cache clear) redirects to the full address, and in the default RWG (desktop) theme. While it detects its a mobile browser and offers 'use mobile version' next to the theme-changer button, clicking this leaves it on the default RWG theme. Clicking 'change theme' and explicitly selecting IP.Board Mobile from the list then sets it to the mobile skin. A couple of minor code changes should sort this if it's the same on other mobiles...

For anyone not getting the mobile skin on their smartphone - click 'change theme' at bottom left and choose 'IP.Board Mobile' and you're sorted.

• Like 1

I reproduced the problem!

If you have the oldurl in your favorites like i do: www.rwgforum.com

And then try to open messages it won't load ;-)

if i use www.rwg.cc then the problem is gone ;-)

Excellent :) I have now added a rewrite condition in the htaccess-file that will automatically set the correct url when you come from rwgforum.com :)

• Like 1

Real credit is deserved to Admin for getting the upgrade done in the limited downtime there was (even though it seemed like forever to me!) - I don't envy you setting and sticking to that limit... Updating a large, complex and busy system such as this (including integrating new add-on modules/plugins) is not something I'd like to attempt in a rush, especially considering all the work involved. If there were a couple of you making the changes in that time, well done! If you did it alone, then serious props to you for getting it functional so quickly. I think it will be well received once people have got used to the changes and any remaining (minor) issues are sorted.

One very minor comment: m.rwg.cc on android with webkit based browser (after cache clear) redirects to the full address, and in the default RWG (desktop) theme. While it detects its a mobile browser and offers 'use mobile version' next to the theme-changer button, clicking this leaves it on the default RWG theme. Clicking 'change theme' and explicitly selecting IP.Board Mobile from the list then sets it to the mobile skin. A couple of minor code changes should sort this if it's the same on other mobiles...

For anyone not getting the mobile skin on their smartphone - click 'change theme' at bottom left and choose 'IP.Board Mobile' and you're sorted.

Should be fixed now. If not, let me know.

Nice new layout! Love it, but miss the shoutbox. I havent read the whole thread but if noone has mentioned it there is no way to logon using Google Chrome. Works fine with IE9 though. Again, sweet upgrade :)

Login works just fine in my version of Chrome (14.0.835.163)

I haven't read the whole thread... so possibly this has already come up, but I'm not sure the "Classifieds" section is a good idea... the best thing about the Sales Area was that all members could chime in a thread and give their opinion. Scammers were outed and overpriced item were called out as well. Good thing me thinks... now everyone is pretty much on his own...

I haven't read the whole thread... so possibly this has already come up, but I'm not sure the "Classifieds" section is a good idea... the best thing about the Sales Area was that all members could chime in a thread and give their opinion. Scammers were outed and overpriced item were called out as well. Good thing me thinks... now everyone is pretty much on his own...

I fully agree! Shared my doubt about this as well, also it cost 5USD to put an ad is see.....

The classifieds section will be developed into whatever we need it to be. It is already possible to have a discussion in the q&a section, but we might "reformat" this to another "discussion-like" format, so that the questions are not "hidden" in a q&a tab.

There are other apparent advantages with this format when it comes to what kind of info every ad should require, that is impossible to format a forum post to. So I understand your concerns and these will of course be taken into account.

The classifieds will also become much more visible as soon as we close/redirect the current links to the different areas in the trade section.

Great looking fora, well done T.

Just one thing: where is the link/button to mark all the unread post as read? can't find it and my only option is marking it section by section from the main page... is there any other way?

Thanks again

Well, there is a "Mark Content As Read" at the bottom that you can use. I'm not to comfortable with the way the navigation runs right now, as I have also been used to click "Mark all as read" when I was finished, so I'll be looking into if there are some changes that can be done.

I get this msg when using Chrome: An extension required to process this request is missing. Please notify the administrator.

IE9 is ok though. Im using Chrome 13.0.782.220. Will try to update

update: hmm cant seem to find a update feature on Chrome.. oh well IE it is then..

You can always just download the latest version. Don't use Chrome that much but it pretty much auto-updates all the time.

• Like 1

I have not been around for a couple of months, and was surprised to see the change. So far it looks good, although we all get used to a place and change can be a bit hard to take, but change is what makes the world go around, and keeps the watches ticking. Aloha, and Cheers to all!

I fully agree! Shared my doubt about this as well, also it cost 5USD to put an ad is see.....

Your doubt has been noted and currently all members can post ads for free. To be honest, I have worked around the clock for 36 hours with this upgrade, so the prices entered in the system was given no thought at all, since all ads can be posted for free for at least 1 month. They were just numbers I drew out of my hat and entered to be able to put the system online. But your concern about this has also been noted.

• Like 1

For the record : I am in no way doubting your efforts mate!

I really really appreciate your commitment to this forum, this has suffered the least unexpected downtime, you rock!

Thats why i upgraded to VIP again the moment the forum was up again

I like the new look, takes a bit getting used to as i was used to the old style.

Keep up the good work and good to see you are hearing us as a community

The community is what this is all about and my goal is always to imrpove the community. This is also the whole idea behind the classifieds/sales area; to make a better sales area that is easily accessible to all members and that will function much better than our current sales threads ;)

• Like 1

The community is what this is all about and my goal is always to imrpove the community. This is also the whole idea behind the classifieds/sales area; to make a better sales area that is easily accessible to all members and that will function much better than our current sales threads ;)

Thanks for your effort, T! I hadn't even noticed the Q&A tab in the Classifieds. I'm sure it will end up as a good solution.

By the way I think 5 USD for an AD is quite fair. Compare it to eBay prices guys... maybe this fee should not apply for Platinum members but as a VIP I'd be happy to pay it.

• Like 1