When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Monster Beats By Dr. Dre Arrived! Youtube Video

dylan

Guys,

I just watch the youtube vid I made for you guys featuring my replica beats, and I'm a retard. Within the first couple of minutes I try to show off my AP ROO Black Themes and its not even in the screen...LOL...

I was using a low tech Kodak Zi8 personal camcorder.

I also realized the lighting was crap and you can't see a lot of things...but after watching it I wasn't in the mood to do it all over again, so my apologies if my video is annoying.

I've been listening to the Studios & Pro non stop and they sound fantastic. I was thinking of trying to record the sound through my Kodak, but I don't think it would do it any justice. These headphones are the real deal.

I'm not the person to ask about audio qualities. To me they sound fantastic but I'm not an audiophile. The Detox are heavier than the Studios and tighter so can become uncomfortable for some. The Studios need batteries and they sound awesome.

I purchased them from here after hearing about it from some other guys.

http://www.yameidahk.com

Here you go guys...Enjoy! (even though it sucks)

Edited by dylan
  • Like 2

Good review They shure look great how about the Noise-Canceling? Does it work? Cheers Mate

A member tried creating some background noise and said he didn't believe the sound canceling worked.....Another member mentioned they tried the GENUINE studios at an airport store once and he said they were pretty crappy compared to the Bose that was on display next to it.

Dave. Thanks for the link. V interested in these. How was the communication from the vendor?

The vendor is phenomenal. His name is Tony. His info is on the website. You can directly chat with him. I paid and he shipped same day. I've noticed some rep watch dealers advertising these for about twice as much as what Tony is asking...Shipping is expensive though if you want the packaging because the boxes are pretty heavy. You can save on shipping if you just take the goods & not the box.

I thought the video was actually pretty good. The narrative was quite entertaining. When you say shipping with the packaging is expensive what are we talking about?

With box: $42 EMS to the US. I believe he can ship regular airmail as well for cheaper but will take 2 weeks....however...it might be safer for customs to go this route...but its a long ways to wait...If you just ship the headphones + accessories the shipping I think is cut in half...

42$ EMS takes the white studios to 102$. If you look on Aliexpress there are lots of people selling a little cheaper than this but with free EMS shipping. Big savings are to be had if you buy more than 1 set.

Also people in the UK are selling these on Ebay as serial auctions, claiming damaged boxes or OOB stock, with selling prices of around 70GBP. Package shots show these are coming from the same source...

Incredible Dave.. Thanks so much for this. Had no ideas there were replica headphones out there! These look incredible.. I've always had my eyes on the SoloHD's but never wanted to pay the $250 bucks for them. I checked out the link and the site you put up has them for $42.

Thanks for the review buddy!

Cheers from Spain,

• Like 1

Just bought mine yesterday. Thanks for the recommendation Dylan. I got the Beats Studios for $78 total with shipping by EMS and box included. I should have them next week. Really looking forward to trying these out. I've been looking at reviews on these things.. and in general i get the same consensus as with the Authentic Beats. Lots of people swear by them and a lot of people dog them.

In general, 99% of all the forums and youtube videos say that the sound quality is the same as original. Some have complained of broken replicas etc.. but i've seen just as many complaints about the real thing... so I'm glad i'm not payin 300 bucks for a pair of headphones that could possibly break.

My personal theory is that these headphones are probably a gray market product since the Authentics are also made in china. Factories are probably smuggling parts out the back door to other factories that are assembling the exact same headphone and selling them for less. There's nothing that I've read that shows that there is any physical or structural difference between these headphones and the real deal..

So excited. I've got some Westone UM2's that I use for the subway and traveling.. but they isolate WAY too much sound for me to use them at work.. plus they're a pain to get in and out of my ears. The Beats Studios should be a great way to listen to music at work, easy on and off, and I can keep them in my desk drawer when not in use.

I might even make a little youtube video myself. Thanks Dylan for the great info, i'll let you know how they turn out.

-Fender

No problem buddy! I'm glad I could contribute in some way. I gave a Studio to my girl and kept a pair of studios & detox for myself. The detox sound great, but they begin to crush my head. I think I have a big head :) The studios are lighter, less constrictive, thus more comfortable. However, they will only work with batteries, so I would have extra batteries lying around :)