When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Bad Service From Elliot At Tc Straps / Mario Paci

briank996

I ordered a Mario Paci strap on a Friday and received a UPS shipping notification email on the following Monday. I noticed that the UPS email didn't include my apartment number but the invoice clearly did.

I immediately sent this...

--------------------------------

"Hello,

My UPS tracking number didn't include my apartment (Apt D) (My invou

Just wanted to make sure it was included.

Thanks.

Brian "

No response....

4 day later when UPS showed undeliverable I sent this...

----------------------------------

"As I suspected, UPS doesn't have the apartment number on the package. After 30 minutes on the phone with UPS, I'll now have to go down to the depot for pickup."

-----------------------------------

Again, no response.....

Upon receiving the strap, I notice a defect in the leather. It was 2 days before I could take a picture but I sent another email 2 days later, this time with a photo showing the defect.

-----------------------------------

"Hi Elliot,

I love the new strap but on the long end, there is some kind of wrinkle and discoloration that I wanted to let you know about. Please see the attached photo...

http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/686/wrinkle.jpg

I know it's hard to see but it sort of looks like a defect in the leather itself?

brian"

Again, no response....

Another two days later, I sent the exact same email again and received this response from Elliot....

"Hi,

Thanks for letting me know.

Regards

Elliot"

-------------------------------------

My immediate response...

"Is it normal or do they all have this? I'm a bit dissatisfied.

brian"

Frusterated, I respond again, just a few minutes later...

"What have I done to deserve such poor customer service Elliot?"

Surprisingly he responds within a few minutes...

"Hello,

I am not sure what you mean.

You sent me an e-mail to let me know about the band……..I then answered your e-mail. You then wrote me back at 7:26pm and asked a question.

And now you are writing again to ask about my customer service.

Do you want to send the strap back? Do you want to replace it with something else?

Regards

Elliot"

I give the following response along with string of emails that you are reading right now.

"It just feels like something is wrong here. Is it just miscommunication?

brian"

---------------------------------

Elliot emails back quickly....

---------------------------------

"Hi,

It has to be miscommunication……..as I have even asked you this evening if you wanted a replacement and you didn’t answer.

I am not sure what to say.

Elliot"

My response...

"How about... "I apologize"?

Brian"

-------------------------------

And nothing from Elliot since..

Am I being unreasonable in expecting some acknowledgement of the problems I have encountered?

Am I really communicating that poorly? It seems like he's being obtuse.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Elliot rimes with idiot right? Maybe you have the answere there :D

But i most say that you are a little picky, i wouldent make a fuzz about it. But i also know that panerai dudes are realy picky with there straps for some reson.

You're in the right...

But...

I also find it's better to not have a contentious "give me service" attitude with people, in general, if you want good results.

Bottom line: he delivered the strap you ordered. It was a pain to have to go get it. But, you did get what you ordered. He's not a crook.

When you expressed you had an issue with the strap keeper, he offered to refund or switch it for you, right? So, not sure why you prodded him with "there's something wrong here" as though he was "up to something" or had a "personal issue" with you. Why bother? Why not take him up on his offer to make it right, and move on rather than engaging with him? And now you've created a critical thread about him...

IMO, life is too short to put out this much energy on something that isn't a big deal. He's an honest business man, who was at worst guilty of not paying enough attention to the multiple e-mails he was sent by you.

BTW, I've bought straps from him over the years, and I've always had a good experience with him.

I'd just move forward.

Im somehow missing to OP point, You forgot to put your correct address on the shipment (not his fault). You contacted him about a problem he offered two options. You didnt pick either. Maybe he is waiting on you to chose an option and not make matters worst.

I think he has a email / comminication issue versus a service issue.

Im somehow missing to OP point, You forgot to put your correct address on the shipment (not his fault). You contacted him about a problem he offered two options. You didnt pick either. Maybe he is waiting on you to chose an option and not make matters worst.

I think he has a email / comminication issue versus a service issue.

The invoice had the correct address, meaning that I entered it correctly and you'll see that I mentioned that in the OP. He had the right address.

You're in the right...

But...

I also find it's better to not have a contentious "give me service" attitude with people, in general, if you want good results.

Bottom line: he delivered the strap you ordered. It was a pain to have to go get it. But, you did get what you ordered. He's not a crook.

When you expressed you had an issue with the strap keeper, he offered to refund or switch it for you, right? So, not sure why you prodded him with "there's something wrong here" as though he was "up to something" or had a "personal issue" with you. Why bother? Why not take him up on his offer to make it right, and move on rather than engaging with him? And now you've created a critical thread about him...

IMO, life is too short to put out this much energy on something that isn't a big deal. He's an honest business man, who was at worst guilty of not paying enough attention to the multiple e-mails he was sent by you.

BTW, I've bought straps from him over the years, and I've always had a good experience with him.

I'd just move forward.

I don't want a replacement, just a sincere apology. Is that unreasonable? It seems he'd rather throw another strap at me than just apologize for the inconvenience.

Edited by briank996

I don't want a replacement, just a sincere apology. Is that unreasonable? It seems he'd rather throw another strap at me than just apologize for the inconvenience.

No, it's not unreasonable... But, I suspect he's busy and doesn't make time for "managing the feelings" of his customers.... And like I said, I believe you're in the right. But, what I'm also saying is that it's better for you, IMO, to just 1) fix the problem, which he's willing to do; and 2) move forward with your life.

What does an insincere apology from a guy over the internet really mean, anyway? The bottom line is whether he delivered the product you ordered or not.

Why not just forget about it; you're the one whose losing time and energy at this point.

:)

Thanks guys.

I'm very busy myself, but I would have handled this entirely different and I suspect it would have taken less energy that he has already put into it.

In the end, I just hope that this post steers some sales to someone who actually gives a [censored] rather than someone who "can't be bothered"

This whole "internet" is smaller than people think.

Edited by briank996

I have had similar experiences with Elliot in the past. Overly friendly and responsive customer service is not his specialty but some great deals can be had on his daily specials and he is generally very accommodating to return requests as long as item has not been mounted.

30 min on the phone with UPS is not worth any discount at all - and especially frustrating since he could have easily resolved the issue.

I have simply decided that the discount is not worth it. Better luck next time Brian.

Sometimes, for whatever unfortunate reason, a transaction doesn't go according to the expectations either of the buyer, or the seller. This guy has been, from what I read, in business for some time, and has a lot of satisfied customers who are willing to pay a hefty premium for his straps.

It sounds to me as if you were hurt on some personal level and expected a formal apology, something he, as a seller running a business, is neither willing nor required to give you.

Another thing, if your underlying objective in the post is to besmirch this person's hard-earned business standing with some personal tirade about you weren't apologized to in some isolated incident, you have really come across as a whiny little [censored]. If you want it replaced, get it replaced. If you don't, then don't.

You're a man dude, grow a pair ffs...

Sometimes, for whatever unfortunate reason, a transaction doesn't go according to the expectations either of the buyer, or the seller. This guy has been, from what I read, in business for some time, and has a lot of satisfied customers who are willing to pay a hefty premium for his straps.

It sounds to me as if you were hurt on some personal level and expected a formal apology, something he, as a seller running a business, is neither willing nor required to give you.

Another thing, if your underlying objective in the post is to besmirch this person's hard-earned business standing with some personal tirade about you weren't apologized to in some isolated incident, you have really come across as a whiny little [censored]. If you want it replaced, get it replaced. If you don't, then don't.

You're a man dude, grow a pair ffs...

Seriously? Grow a pair.

I'm not looking for anything at this point, I just thought it was worth letting others know.

You're silly if you think there isn't appreciation for good customer server in the business world, or for heavens sake the luxury goods market. I assure you that Elliot's bottom line reflects this. I'm not hurt, just attempting to keep money flowing to those who do provide good CS and withhold it from those that don't. Believe it or not, people in general, care about this kind of thing.

And another thing. I'd hardly call revealing an email string a personal tirade.

Edited by briank996

If you are unhappy with him just don't us him anymore. I am always in favor of letting other forum members know of good and bad experiences with dealers or suppliers. I can tell you are not happy with the transaction but at the end of the day he is trying to do the right thing offering replacement, etc. I haven't bought from him in years but had not had a problem. In any case I hope you are happy with the replacement.

Guest zeleni kukuruz

Hey Zeleni....how about a drink....forgetaboutit. ;)

Hhahaahahahhahahahah, good one bro!!!

To bad your in usa and so far from me, if you where closer i would have you in my house everyday drinking drinks :)

I have never had an issue with any straps from TC straps.... but Elliots communication is very inconsistent and his willingness to help on queries has always been a failing IMHO... for that reason I wont use him anymore...

However I dont think you are wrong to expect some sort of recognition of your troubles in getting the item you ordered considering you stated the correct info at the time of ordering...

Chalk it up mate as we all do and find another source of straps.... the great thing is.... there are plenty of options..... and if you do want an alligator then if you can then always go OEM and if you cant then save for it... its well worth it :)