When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

A Little Hard Work Never Killed Anyone

Nanuq

I hauled in a bunch of railroad timbers and cut blocks to build a border along my driveway today. Lately I've been using tiny little tools to build things; it felt good to use axes, chainsaws and big boy tools. Ahhhhhhhh!

driveway_timbers.jpg

driveway_timbers2.jpg

vlydog, I put up a better pic, it shows about half the project. I didn't bury them, that ground is all rock. I cut 18" lengths of timber for blocks and then arranged them so each block had a flat place to sit, then lifted the timbers up and butted it all together. Splinter city! Where's my pocket knife?

maxman, what you're not telling us is... you trimmed those hedges by throwing sharpened playing cards with your mad Ninja Skillz. :ph34r: woot woot!

vlydog, I put up a better pic, it shows about half the project. I didn't bury them, that ground is all rock. I cut 18" lengths of timber for blocks and then arranged them so each block had a flat place to sit, then lifted the timbers up and butted it all together. Splinter city! Where's my pocket knife?

maxman, what you're not telling us is... you trimmed those hedges by throwing sharpened playing cards with your mad Ninja Skillz. :ph34r: woot woot!

"mad ninja skills"... Indeed. The days I dont feel doing it myself...I call Chuck Norris and have him do It...while wearing a dress and high heels...for free. :tu:

I hauled in a bunch of railroad timbers and cut blocks to build a border along my driveway today. Lately I've been using tiny little tools to build things; it felt good to use axes, chainsaws and big boy tools. Ahhhhhhhh!

Looks more like a road than a driveway. The border looks good.. Looks labor intensive!

Thats nothing Nanuq...I trimed my hedges yesterday.... took almost a hour...woot woot. :D

I might have you beat. While doing yard work today, I almost got my ass kicked by this nice little widow. Flipping our yard chairs right side up after they were blown over by wind- this little girl had setup shop right smack in the middle of the seat. Killed a handful of baby widows as well.

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

Ahh...well I assembled my daughters trampoline yesterday, might not sound much but I'm still sore all over :(

I'm guessing that driveway border of your's nanuq, as well as being neat, tends to serve as a last minute warning before unwary visitors plunge to their deaths down the mountain?

Ken

I'm guessing that driveway border of your's nanuq, as well as being neat, tends to serve as a last minute warning before unwary visitors plunge to their deaths down the mountain?

Bingo! That's a pretty bad dropoff there and my favorite wife's neck is getting progressively worse, doesn't turn as well, so I built something she'd have trouble getting through. The ties are 16 feet long and about 300 lbs each, and I have them high enough she'll feel them with her bumper instead of just hitting them with a tire. I'm planning for them to initiate snow drifts the length of the driveway this winter too, so even when they're buried they'll still do their job. I'm thinking of driving rebar down through them, I'll see how they hold up after they get hit a few times.

You know what would be cool.... to wrap rope lights all along there this Christmas! Yeah! :Jumpy:

Looks more like a road than a driveway. The border looks good.. Looks labor intensive!

I might have you beat. While doing yard work today, I almost got my ass kicked by this nice little widow. Flipping our yard chairs right side up after they were blown over by wind- this little girl had setup shop right smack in the middle of the seat. Killed a handful of baby widows as well.

IMG_7722.jpg

IMG_7724.jpg

Those are my favorite spyders.....dead ones .....sorry but not a big fan...yikes :o