When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 red submariner

irolexu

My 1680 is actually about to get the super PBDAD touch. I am going to have him do everything possible to it to get as close as GEN possible. right now I have an old MBW case with gen crown, tube, crystal, and pearl which glows nice. PBdad is going to clean up the xstal, trim CGs, age insert, service movement, correct DW position and other things I cant think of off the top of my head but once its done :) it goes right next to my BK TW with the same gen mods. I am looking to buy another dial as well from ingod44. I really want the clean red sub dial with white instead of yellow markers

• 1 year later...

The biggest problem with the 1680's outside of the crown height, which really isn' that noticeable is the DW alignment. I suppose if you want to use a DW overlay, it's possible to get the DW aligned, but if you want to use one of the old silver DW's it is difficult to get everything aligned properly.

Another thing if you go from theMBW dial to a gen dial, you have to relieve the groove so that the larger gen dial fits, then when you get it to fit, the dial being larger is partially under the rehaut. What happens then is the minute markers are partially hidden. sort of looks odd, if you know what to look for as the dial now appears to have shorter markers.

The biggest problem with the 1680's outside of the crown height, which really isn' that noticeable is the DW alignment. I suppose if you want to use a DW overlay, it's possible to get the DW aligned, but if you want to use one of the old silver DW's it is difficult to get everything aligned properly.

Another thing if you go from theMBW dial to a gen dial, you have to relieve the groove so that the larger gen dial fits, then when you get it to fit, the dial being larger is partially under the rehaut. What happens then is the minute markers are partially hidden. sort of looks odd, if you know what to look for as the dial now appears to have shorter markers.

You speak the truth.

I had a 1680 gen dial in a MBW before and the short minute markers bothered the hell out of me.

While it had an jmb aligned silver DWO it just didn't look gen. It didn't give off that same gen brushed silver date wheel that I loved on my gen 1675.

Those two things pretty much ruined it for me.

Here it was... NTB sourced it all and I bought it off him. Amazing build. All it really needed was a gen movement.

d0ef120d.jpg

eddf4b1c.jpg

With gen 93150 and 585 end links too.

30994af4.jpg

• Like 1