When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping international from the CONUS - what am i doing wrong

HartDoc

Best bet is is to use USPS Priority Mail "Flat Rate" materials. "IF" you can package it up in the Flat Rate ENVELOPE and it is less than 16oz, you do not need to do the Customs long form either. It will breeze right over. To make things fit, if it has a bracelet, detach the bracelet so it can lay flat with the head.

Best bet is is to use USPS Priority Mail "Flat Rate" materials. "IF" you can package it up in the Flat Rate ENVELOPE and it is less than 16oz, you do not need to do the Customs long form either. It will breeze right over. To make things fit, if it has a bracelet, detach the bracelet so it can lay flat with the head.

I did use priority flat rate but it doesnt even say it left the post office.

I am going thru this myself.

I sent a watch to a list member in France a month ago. The tracking number shows that it was shipped, and made it as far as US Customs, but the USPS is telling me that they have no other tracking info than that. Since the buyer asked that I declare a nominal value, there was no insurance (can't insure for more than declared value).

Anyone have any experience sending things to France from USA.

Bill

I wonder if wider adoption of X-Ray machines is throwing a wrench into the works...

Also, when dropping something at the post office, you can ask for a drop-off receipt to prove you handed over a package (if using USPS.com click-n-ship).

I am a huge fan of EMS (which is the equivalent of Priority in the U.S.). It costs too much but I concluded years ago that I was better off buying fewer reps and insuring i get them. By the way I have the same experience with China. The U.S.-China route works surprisingly well. Over the last couple of years the time of shipment seems to have fallen a lot. 2-3 years ago EMS took 3-4 weeks, Now it is anywhere from 1-2 with an occasional 5 day surprise. And yes, the tracking is often worthless other than to tell you the item actually shipped. And I am in a 100% agreement. No tracking number - no point.

I personally will not buy anything from US any more, two examples and not interested any more ( I am in EU).

-Motorcycle boots- delivery time 2,5 month.

-60mm EGI crystal ~ approximately same time( + it was stolen/ lost in customs two times, third one-I was lucky to have it at the end)

For me unfortunately goods from US= NO GO!

And these were "legal" stuff, if we are talking about rep watches....very big chance to lose your watch :huh::bangin: .

Edited by sul

I cant speak for other countries, but can say 5-11 days for me to recieve watches in oz. I can also say that I can generally track watches from originating country to point at which thy enter outbound customs. After that, even tho registered, Auspost choose not to track, as it costs them money. Unless the item is insured and expensive, they dont bother... and the item simply rocks up about 4 to 5 days after it has arrived in outbound customs of country of origin

I am the "listed member" who bought from TJ

Its been a month That Im living this horror story to see this watch not coming

A lot of money lost, so as a really rare watch...

According to the french post office, it never reached France after US Customs.

Lost in the plane? Held by customs?

We ' ll never know I presume....