When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

3135 true clone?

parny

Seems like some members over at Repgeek is starting to receive their watches with the new SA3135. This Yacht-Master purchaser seems happy.

http://www.repgeek.c...&highlight=3135

i wonder when finally someone will pop the f$%$%g bezel off :) that's the only thing that holds me back - will a gen dial, hands, date-wheel, insert, crown - crystal fit ?

Angus AKA puretime.

People have reported the movement feeling more "smooth" and "gen" than the ETA. But again we have NO BREAKDOWN by a watchmaker (really hoping Rob/Zig or Vac will do it). Until then we cant be sure the movement is reliable.

I think angus has some going to our watchsmiths right now but no idea on the turnaround or when we will get a breakdown.

angus seems to be selling them after a short recall. guess people are curious but skeptical, dont want to be out the $500 price tag if it turns out to be lemon.

the watch itself looks very decent, maybe people dont want an LV only offering.

once a review is written and the findings are favorable im sure many will be sold.

if a black sub model is available and the movement is reliable and fits gen parts (although i doubt its 100% the balance wheel im betting is not interchangeable)

id give it a go, get a gen datewheel, insert, maybe get some lug holes drilled out , oohh thatd be sweet.

Can you imagine the repercussions this watch is going to make on the secondary market? How many people (other than people like us) are going to look beyond details of the cyclops mag, date wheel font and movement? If the clasp is close and things are stamped properly... beyond popping the caseback off (which is what most dealers do to check to see if it's a gen), what's going to stop people from buying these as gen? Scary...

Can you imagine the repercussions this watch is going to make on the secondary market? How many people (other than people like us) are going to look beyond details of the cyclops mag, date wheel font and movement? If the clasp is close and things are stamped properly... beyond popping the caseback off (which is what most dealers do to check to see if it's a gen), what's going to stop people from buying these as gen? Scary...

Scammer are already at work... with a movement that has gen appearance and gen feeling

a proper education. if selling Rolex is your business you will (better) learn quickly to identify the balance wheel as not having the correct micro stella adjusters amongst a few other differences, if you still cant tell the difference maybe you shouldnt be in business selling these watches.

its is obvious that they deliberately put a few tells in models

there are exceptions, though. the market for super duper uber reps made for the purpose of selling as gens (bad, mmm'kay)

for a closed back model, I cant see the point in cloning mvts - I just want the damned things to work reliably

for open backs. well - much discussion, this could have :yoda:

Why is a gen-like bezel assembly so important?

I have never really understood that..

I somehow expect this new movement to "take off" as soon it gets a favourable review.. Had it been five years ago, everybody would have been excited about this. :)

why is a gen like movement so important? same underlying reason

It could be that the crown will be in the correct position (same as gen) and it will accept gen dial and hands, which makes it look more like a gen. The bezel construction is, imo, not that important as long as the look is right.

That said, I'm quite happy with my noobmariner. :p