When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Curious To See What People Wear Besides Watches

jfreeman420

Work and Income....  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What line of work are you in?

• Manual Labor
    • Trade
    • Doctor/Medical
    • Lawyer
    • Sales
    • Burger Flipper
    • Retail
    • Welfare
    • Thief
    • Beg for watch money on the corner
    • Business Owner
    • Other that requires a degree
    • Other that can only be learned by experience
    • Prostitute
  2. 2. What is your annual income?

• $0 to $10,000
    • $10,000 to $20,000
    • $20,000 to $35,000
    • $35,000 to $50,000
    • $50,000 to $75,000
    • $75,000 to $100,000
    • $100,000 to $200,000
    • $200,000 to $500,000
    • A lot more than you
    • I am really Bill Gates
    • Some ridiculous number that you wouldn't believe if I told you.
  3. 3. What I wear to work

• Nothing, I am a stripper
    • Nothing, I am a prostitute
    • Shorts and T- shirts
    • jeans and t- shirts
    • Shirt and tie is fine
    • My company is so stuffy I have to wear a suit
    • Varies from day to day
    • Button down and slacks
    • Button down and jeans
    • The uniform they gave me and a paper hat
    • Uniform or protective gear that is required

Although I did have about two years of playing online poker in my home and many days wore nothing but a robe and a Rolex, I now go to an office every day and they expect a bit more material to cover up my fat ass...... I hear a lot of people talk about matching their suits with their watches or vise versa.

I earn a lot more money than most people think a good job pays and am lucky enough to be able to come to the office in shorts if I want to (most days in South Florida are weather permitting). I also only own one suit which is an Armani, but have worn it once for my company party in 2004.

So, out of curiosity, what does your daily clothing consist of? What brands are favored and does your job require a suit and tie? I also put a tax bracket poll up top to keep this confidential. Just curious to see how the rest of the world lives.

On any given day I will be wearing a Tommy Bahama or Nat Nast 100% silk shirt these are the only two brands I buy and i don't like anything but silk. I may wear silk TB or Nat Nast shorts or slacks, and jeans on fridays. Shoes vary from Gucci to Mezlan and I prefer exotic skins. I only own one pair of sneakers which rarely get worn. And yes I match my watch to my shirt and not the other way around. It pays to have a large collection.

Looks like a lot of us earn decent money... We should start a charity raffle! -cough-

Anyway, since I mostly sit in a chair, surfing the net looking at watches and chatting when I am at sea, I don't really need special clothing.. But I do don the coveralls now and then when th eengines need a bit of care. Other than that it's workwear pants with a lot of pockets, and Helly Hansen shirts/underwear shirts.. Thermosuits on deck for winter. And steel toe shoes.

Levis 501 jeans are very important to me.

I work at home about 50% of the time, on site the other half... I feel lucky to be able to dress casual, I wear a nice shirt and shoes most of the time while on site and that makes jeans look good.

Shirts I like are Armani, Boss, Ben Sherman, and Bowling (nice business shirts from Thailand)

Shoes are either Bally or Lloyd

Pants are always Levis 501s

I don't like to have to think about what I put on in the morning - or whenever it is I get out of bed. Think simplicity and repetition.

Basic winter uniform: cashmere turtlenecks with Levi 501s. Tweed or cashmere-blend sportsjacket.

In summer: black tee-shirt (or occasionally a black silk shirt) the 501s, a cream or black linen sportsjacket, mocassins with no socks.

Lots of stuff I never wear. Have been known to buy a pair of shoes and only put them on ten years later.....

Brands don't matter. Style does. Dressing well is not a matter of money.

Hmmm seems like I am out of place here, not that I didn't expect that.

I work in finance, but am very low paid for the work that I do. I am also paid per hour, which means no holiday or sick pay. They also cut my hours recently from 60 to 37.5 so I'm losing out on around 33% per week now that I was getting before :(

I wouldnt be surprised if most here get what I get in a day, for just an hour or less work. :blink:

As for what I wear to work, brown reeboks, combat trousers, and a football (soccer) shirt. Yes I work in a finance department, but I'm not wearing a suit on that pay... I hate suits and shoes, far too uncomfortable for me. I've tried Prada and Gucci shoes before and they were uncomfortable too... never had a pair that I wanted to wear. :thumbdown:

Suit. Need to find some shoes that don't kill my feet w/o having to drop way to much $ at Lobb.

Try Eccos. They have some dressier styles, though they don't compare in looks to Italian loafers, if that is the look you need. These are shoes you can sight see or wander in all day, yet still feel very comfortable pairing with a suit for a nice restaurant or concert. A good pair of Eccos can run you ab. $150, but they are worth it, and will last a long time.

JoS. A. Bank here 6 days a week. It's not that I'm super wild about their clothing, they're just the only game in town for me.

Cotton button-down shirt, wool pants, wool socks, black leather oxfords.

100% wool and 100% cotton are important to me :)

I do JoS. A. Bank as well.. I actually think their top of the line suits are very well constructed. Also Brooks Bros, and Hugo Boss.

At home, it is mostly jeans and tee-shirts.

by the way, on the subject of wearing, for those of you that live in hot climets you have to get into the wicking clothes

it was started by under armor for sports people, but they make hats shirts underwear bras ect ect ect. It moves the sweat away from your body and causes it to evaporate very very quickly. If you go play golf in 90 degree heat In FL for 4 hrs, within 10 minutes of getting into the car you are dry - and more comfortable during the whole trip.

They are AMAZING. i just replaced my whole polo shirt wardobe with wicking. Everybody has it now, they all have different branded "Duo dry" dri-fit Double dry,. ect ect ect

Try Eccos. They have some dressier styles, though they don't compare in looks to Italian loafers, if that is the look you need. These are shoes you can sight see or wander in all day, yet still feel very comfortable pairing with a suit for a nice restaurant or concert. A good pair of Eccos can run you ab. $150, but they are worth it, and will last a long time.

I will check it out. I have been faithful to Cole Haan forever but all good things must come to an end...

Not to be off topic or anything, Looking at the financial stats of income... I find it rather interesting that we

have a very hard time raising funds to help our admin pay the monthly bills.

Doe s anyone else have any great ideas as a RWG Admin Fund Raiser?????? :)

-MM

Not to be off topic or anything, Looking at the financial stats of income... I find it rather interesting that we

have a very hard time raising funds to help our admin pay the monthly bills.

Doe s anyone else have any great ideas as a RWG Admin Fund Raiser?????? :)

-MM

My thoughts exact.

I do think its more fanatsy from some people then acctual incomes.

If you make over 100000$ and buy reps :g: i woud be buying gens then :yeah: