When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My Franken 217

PeteM

Still practising my pics :)

Here is my franken 217...

This was the second 47mm released by OP, the first being the 127.

These were an homage ( :) ) by OP to the vintage models of the 1950's (The 6152's). It is the destro with the Marina Militare dial, I think its 4 MM dials now but I cant recall 2011 dials off hand... 5218-202a, 036, 217 and 267

This one was put together for me by Domi :)

• Like 1

Thanks guys.... It is the best I think I can make it without a gen movement.... Thanks M for the comment on the pics mate... I am practising like mad with a home made light box!!

Specs are:

Gen 217 Crystal

Gen Bezel

Gen Crown

Gen CG

Gen dial

Gen Hands

Little Hero 219 movement

EL Fiddy case

EL Caseback which was reengraved with my personal serial number and correct BB number relative to the S/N... took hours to work out and loads of web surfing ! ;)

OEM Jules Verne strap with correct OP historic brushed buckle

It took a while but for me it was so worth it and its a pleasure to wear.... especially as it attracts so much attention :)

Thank you guys... I really appreciate the kind words :) Give me a great sense of achievement when people I respect pass positive comments, Thank you

Thanks for the heads up S but I decided that this will be as far as I go with this one :)

Still to many more to do ;)

Pete,

You have really impressed me lately with your parade of beautifully modded PAMs. I can appreciate all that goes into creating each one. First the vision to see it and to know what you want. Then comes the hunt for all the right juicy bits and the patience needed to hold out for that last final jewel. Finally comes the enjoyment of the finished product along with the sense of accomplishment and pride of ownership.

Well done my friend and thanks for sharing!

First the vision to see it and to know what you want. Then comes the hunt for all the right juicy bits and the patience needed to hold out for that last final jewel. Finally comes the enjoyment of the finished product along with the sense of accomplishment and pride of ownership.

Then you sell it because you realize the whole fun is in the hunt......

oh, wait....that's Marty, not Pete :partytime:

• Like 1